Alex is going to be a Dad (again)!

Locked Alex threads are here.
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Alex is going to be a Dad (again)!

Post by SharonC »

I am beyond thrilled for them. I hope however they move forward that it's together, the baby is healthy and I have no doubt will be GORGEOUS. Congrats to the soon to be parents
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Boy will that be one good looking baby. :teeth:

I'm beyond thrilled for them both. :happysigh:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

librarian_7 wrote:I think it is important to draw a distinction between Mick St. John, who is an idealized, perfect character--and therefore fictional, even leaving aside the whole vampirism deal--and Alex, who is a real human being. And you know, even Mick isn't always perfect.

Anyway, though, it's also important not to put people on pedastals. We know (or we think we know) that Alex is a great guy. He certainly has come across that way in the countless interviews, behind the scenes glimpses, and candid encounters we've all studied over the years. However--and this is a big however--he's not necessarily a perfect human being. I'm very sure that he tries to be the best Alex he can be, and from what we've seen, he's pretty successful at that. If his outlook or approach to something is a little different that what any one of us would prefer, that's his prerogative. And it's impossible to avoid, because no one--not even Mick St. John--can be perfect all the time.

So, perhaps we can all agree to congratulate Alex and Malia on this important new chapter of their lives, and wholeheartedly wish them all the best with it.

And many of us know how hard it is to be parents in a blended family...with or without the benefit of a legal union.

Having been through something like this there needs to be LOTS of joy...cause it can be complicated.

I pray all the time that Malia doesn't have the ALS gene (her Mom died in 2011 from the disease)....cause it would break my heart for Alex and Malia to have to face that disease.
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

This is only speculation, but I wouldn't imagine they would have gone public with their relationship last November if Malia wasn't divorced. She has Spike to consider after all. And get pregnant while still married to another man? Good night!!!! Talk about fodder for the press and Alex's fans. :eek2: I can't fathom that. :shrug: (that's okay to say, right)?
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

i thought I said everything I wanted to say about this in my last post, but I guess I want to say one more thing which is more in the nature of a question to those who want to respond:

I don't understand why marriage is considered by some to be more of a commitment than having a child? In those instances where people can't legally marry for some reason (for instance same sex couples in a lot of states) I get it, but raising a child is a long-term commitment. A lot longer than some marriages last. I assume a good lawyer can set up a pre-nup to avoid the financial complications in community property states. I would like to hear some other opinions on this.

I do wish Alex the best in all this, but this topic has been on my mind for awhile. If it turns out that the couple has decided to wed but is keeping it a secret, well good for them.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I think there have been some interesting points raised here that go way beyond Alex and his own little bundle of joy-to-be. But the problem is, the broader discussion kinda spoils the fun for those who just want to wish Alex and his family well and celebrate this new phase of his life.

I have no interest in squelching this interesting debate, but I do think it would be more appropriate to discuss the broader subject of parenthood without matrimony on its own thread. So I will start a discussion thread in the Real Life in General section. :thumbs:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Thanks. I will look forward to it and my post can be moved there.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I was on my phone when I created the Parenthood thread, and I couldn't post a link to it. Here it is, for those who are interested: http://moonlightaholics.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=10149
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:I was on my phone when I created the Parenthood thread, and I couldn't post a link to it. Here it is, for those who are interested: http://moonlightaholics.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=10149

I thought you were supposed to be off burning men.... :winky:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

LOL! Still packing the freaking car!! We leave early in the morning.
Claudia
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Claudia »

I'll always be happy when happy news about Alex come up, and this is definitely a time to be happy for him. All the best for him and his new big family. They are now, and probably have been for a while, a loving couple and 2 and a half children!!! :cheer: :yahoo: :cheering: :heart:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Claudia wrote:I'll always be happy when happy news about Alex come up, and this is definitely a time to be happy for him. All the best for him and his new big family. They are now, and probably have been for a while, a loving couple and 2 and a half children!!! :cheer: :yahoo: :cheering: :heart:

Yeah, they kinda ARE a big family now. I love that... I hadn't thought of that before. How cool for Alex! :hearts:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

The baby boy arrived yesterday!!! :hearts:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-mom ... y-20122610

All the best to the new family!!! :ghug:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm sooooo happy for them! Welcome, Beautiful Baby O'Loughlin! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

I am happy for Alex and his family and wish them all the best.

However, since this is a Moonlight board and since Moonlight lasted longer than Three Rivers, I am a little disappointed that Moonlight wasn't mentioned in this quote from the article.
O'Loughlin is in the midst of shooting the third season of CBS' Hawaii 5-0 in Honolulu, Hawaii. The Australian actor's other notable TV and film credits include The Back-up Plan, August Rush, The Shield, Whiteout and Three Rivers.
Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-mom ... z2ARGHEPWZ

Return to “The Alex Archives”