Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C.

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: B.C. (Episode Six)

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

PNWgal wrote:Thanks for that, cassy - that made me think of something else.

Beth can't see the downside of vampirism so OF COURSE she would try something that would make her see things from Mick's POV.
ITA PNWgal. ....and maybe, somewhere in the back of her mind, she's considered or starting to consider what it would be like to be turned.... she was getting a try-it-before-you-buy-it with the BC.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:

Beth can't see the downside of vampirism so OF COURSE she would try something that would make her see things from Mick's POV.
ITA PNWgal. ....and maybe, somewhere in the back of her mind, she's considered or starting to consider what it would be like to be turned.... she was getting a try-it-before-you-buy-it with the BC.
LOL, exactly Luxe.

And such lovely results when she DOES try it...but I'll leave that for the next scene. ;-)

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Sorry to go back a scene (I'm catching up...). I loved the Mick/Josef discussion. We know now that Josef wasn't after Lola for money, and he didn't know about the silver, so it was just good old-fashioned pride-fuelled lust. Who would have guessed? :snicker:

The banter between them was marvellous (and Mick just looked sooooooooo lovely lounging in that chair....) and "The high is us"? You betcha.

I actually quite liked the talking reflection as a device - I think this is Beth taking a walk on the wild-side and although we've seen her be intrepid, risk-taking, even foolhardy before, this is the first time, IMO, we've seen her do something that could be considered dark and wild. It's not about the story any more; it's about discovery.

Lola? Love her. She's a no-messing-get-what-you-want vamp and makes no apologies for it. No I wouldn't want to be her BFF, but you gotta respect a woman who lives by her own rules.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:

But why the turn me turn me while under the influence of the drug? It wasn't a hallucinogen... it just made her feeeel really weird and powerful and like no one could resist her... how does that lead to the turn me turn me convo in the shower?

Unless she HAD already been thinking she might like to be a vamp... so a subconscious thing???? Release of inhibitions and you speak the truth?

If so, it is a wonder he didn't run from her... given his own scruples...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

wpgrace wrote:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:

But why the turn me turn me while under the influence of the drug? It wasn't a hallucinogen... it just made her feeeel really weird and powerful and like no one could resist her... how does that lead to the turn me turn me convo in the shower?

Unless she HAD already been thinking she might like to be a vamp... so a subconscious thing???? Release of inhibitions and you speak the truth?

Well I think Beth was so turned on by how she felt that is was as we say a Freudian slip. For Beth unlike Mick she knows about vampires. Mick got married and got dead. Coraline was giving him the greatest present she could offer. Interesting thought I just had. I imagine Coraline, Lance and so forth were turned about the same time either a sire who wanted a big family or the fledgling wanted his siblings, so for her turning kept a lot of her life in order. Mick got married big change in life and now would be losing everything from his perspective except the new wife he had for a few hours.

Beth is looking at it as eternal youth, strength, beauty and is already hot for Mick at this point.

If the show had continued I could have found out how Josef was turned too. :sigh:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

cassysj wrote:
wpgrace wrote:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:

Well I think Beth was so turned on by how she felt that is was as we say a Freudian slip. For Beth unlike Mick she knows about vampires. Mick got married and got dead. Coraline was giving him the greatest present she could offer. Interesting thought I just had. I imagine Coraline, Lance and so forth were turned about the same time either a sire who wanted a big family or the fledgling wanted his siblings, so for her turning kept a lot of her life in order. Mick got married big change in life and now would be losing everything from his perspective except the new wife he had for a few hours.

Beth is looking at it as eternal youth, strength, beauty and is already hot for Mick at this point.

If the show had continued I could have found out how Josef was turned too. :sigh:
That is an interesting point, Carol... assuming that Lance was her natural human brother and not a "vampire" brother... kinda cool. Tho given that he was kinda an @$$hole... maybe not the warm family picture after all... but cool to think about!

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

wpgrace wrote: That is an interesting point, Carol... assuming that Lance was her natural human brother and not a "vampire" brother... kinda cool. Tho given that he was kinda an @$$hole... maybe not the warm family picture after all... but cool to think about!
Another unanswered question. :? I really hope he wasn't her natural human bro because you know, he called her 'sexy'. :puke:

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
SirenSong
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SirenSong »

mwj01 wrote:
wpgrace wrote: That is an interesting point, Carol... assuming that Lance was her natural human brother and not a "vampire" brother... kinda cool. Tho given that he was kinda an @$$hole... maybe not the warm family picture after all... but cool to think about!
Another unanswered question. :? I really hope he wasn't her natural human bro because you know, he called her 'sexy'. :puke:
I kind of assumed from the start that Lance was not Cora's actual blood brother. I guess I assumed that because before TMC aired, we were told that in upcoming episodes we would meet some VERY old vampires, much older than any who had been on the show up until that point. Mick also made it a point in his VO to point out that he was picking up A LOT of decay when he sensed Lance and his servant.

But back to BC.....;).......I did think that Beth was beyond reckless taking a drug that she knew first hand had already killed someone. Too reckless....too young, imo. And when she was looking up drugs in that book, did she really think she would come across Black Crystal? It was an unknown substance. What did she think she was comparing it to? Made no sense to me.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

SirenSong wrote: I kind of assumed from the start that Lance was not Cora's actual blood brother. I guess I assumed that because before TMC aired, we were told that in upcoming episodes we would meet some VERY old vampires, much older than any who had been on the show up until that point. Mick also made it a point in his VO to point out that he was picking up A LOT of decay when he sensed Lance and his servant.

But back to BC.....;).......I did think that Beth was beyond reckless taking a drug that she knew first hand had already killed someone. Too reckless....too young, imo. And when she was looking up drugs in that book, did she really think she would come across Black Crystal? It was an unknown substance. What did she think she was comparing it to? Made no sense to me.
Very valid point about Mick pointing out a lot of decay. I had always thought that Lance & Coraline were actual siblings. I may have to re-think that.

Beth is a risk taker though and not always in the smart way.
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

Sorry to be jumping in so late.

Honestly, I never thought that Lance was anything but Coraline's actual brother. She says there were seven brothers, all turned by the same sire, a cousin of Louis XVI. The decay? I chalked up to Lance possibly sticking to traditional ways, no state of the art sub zero in his bedroom slowing down decay. Lance clearly tells Mick in the alley that this is between me and my sister so I took that literally reinforced by the later flashback showing Coraline as royalty and Cynthia Davis as a servant. ETA: I didn't consider Lance's attitude toward Coraline or saying she was sexy inconsistent with the time in which he lived...women were pawns and considered chattel...even your sister.

As for Beth. When she first gets into the VIP room, she looks around at some couples going at it clearly from the drug. She clearly tells Lola she doesn't want to be turned. I think this was a case of taking some of this to see what it was like, but it was more about heading to Micks and wanting to get it on with him. Looking in the drug dictionary?Totally inane. The turn me, turn me....I don't know, dramatic effect? JMO
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Jump in any time Luna!!!

I still think he could possibly be just her vamp brother tho... 7 siblings all turned by the same sire, yes... but was it the TURNING that made them "siblings?"

Tho I guess this is really discussion best held for the TMC thread anyway, huh?? We've all seen the eps so many times we jump ahead of ourselves! ANd who can blame us? It's all good stuff!!

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

SirenSong wrote: But back to BC.....;).......I did think that Beth was beyond reckless taking a drug that she knew first hand had already killed someone. Too reckless....too young, imo. And when she was looking up drugs in that book, did she really think she would come across Black Crystal? It was an unknown substance. What did she think she was comparing it to? Made no sense to me.
I always thought her taking the Black Crystal was beyond reckless too. She seemed so easily manipulated into it by Lola.

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wpgrace wrote:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:

Ok gracie, try this on for size.....

replace the 'turn' in 'turn me, turn me' with another four letter word. think about it. That's what she really wanted that night. The 'turn me' stuff was a substitute for another form of penetration.

I'm with the others who think that Lance is Coraline's actual brother (cassy and lunalux I think). I think lunalux made the point that women were chattels - yes, totally. Fathers and brothers often made business deals to other powerful men on the basis of their daughter's / sister's sexiness and desirability to men.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Luxe~~exactly my thoughts. She was turned on big time. She wanted him in the worst way. If BC is supposed to heighten what you are already feeling, and give you the feeling of 'vamp high'--then of course she would say those things to him.
I always thought her response to Lola about "oh, no, I don't want that" was a bit too quick of an answer--and we all know the saying: "The Lady Doth Protest Too Much".
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:[
Ok gracie, try this on for size.....

replace the 'turn' in 'turn me, turn me' with another four letter word. think about it. That's what she really wanted that night. The 'turn me' stuff was a substitute for another form of penetration.

:coffee: ... and I am sorry Luxe but my bad bad brain is having all kinds of reactions to what you have written here... not PG, not a single PG comment I can make out of the lot of em...

But I LIKE that you did that to my brain... :devil:

Return to “Episode Discussion”