Absence --PG-13

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Absence --PG-13

Post by Lilly »

You know, jen, I beta-ed this piece over two years ago and have read it countless times since then. Even so, after all this time, that line still give me shivers. It just doesn't get much better than that. :notworthy:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

You know, if memory serves, I wrote that line before most of the rest of the fic. I knew I had to get from where I started to that last line...it just works that way sometimes.

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

Just hunted this wonderful story up and reread it.

There is a real tendancy to dismiss Mick's 33 years with Coraline as due to the sire/fledgling bond, or the need to have something to hang onto, but I think it was much more complex than that. You have wonderful insight into Mick's mind at this moment, and included a lovely little detail about Josef's multigenerational freshie arrangements.

Thank you for this insightful look at addiction and recovery, and the complications that insued.

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, I love this one. Thanks for bumping it, Jenna!
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

jen wrote:Lucky

Just hunted this wonderful story up and reread it.

There is a real tendancy to dismiss Mick's 33 years with Coraline as due to the sire/fledgling bond, or the need to have something to hang onto, but I think it was much more complex than that. You have wonderful insight into Mick's mind at this moment, and included a lovely little detail about Josef's multigenerational freshie arrangements.

Thank you for this insightful look at addiction and recovery, and the complications that insued.

Jenna

I agree Mick & Cora have history it was a true love/ hate relationship and still Mick takes his vows seriously. Very telling and wonderfully told by an amazing writer.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Wonderful , haunting story! Mick slowly finds ways to fight Coraline's death, the absence of his wife and Sire. But how amazingly well you write his feelings and thoughts!

:rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “Mick and Beth”