Underworld

Carisa ITT

Sophia's movie "Outlander" for General release Jan 23, 2009

Post by Carisa ITT »

According to this source:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/01/17/ ... outlander/

Sophia's movie "Outlander" is being pushed for a last minute release date of Jan. 23, 2009 in limited Theaters throughout the US, where it will be competing with the latest "Underworld" installment (no Sophia in this one :( )
During the reign of the Vikings, Kainan (James Caviezel), a man from a far-off world, crash lands on Earth, bringing with him an alien predator known as the Moorwen. Though both man and monster are seeking revenge for violence committed against them, Kainan leads the alliance to kill the Moorwen by fusing his advanced technology with the Viking's Iron Age weaponry.

Outlander is directed and co-written by Howard McCain, of only The Unspeakable previously. Dirk Blackman also helped write the script with McCain. The film first premiered at the Cannes Film Market back in 2008, where it was picked up by The Weinstein Company, who has a track record of burying good indie gems like this. Outlander will finally hit very limited theaters on January 23rd this year.
news
Fledgling

Re: Sophia's movie "Outlander" for General release Jan 23, 2009

Post by news »

I'll be seeing her new film within the next couple of days. It's in extremely limited release where I live. Thanks so very much for the info. and the link.
coco
Cleaner

Outlander showing in the Glasgow Film Festival Feb 2009

Post by coco »

Sophia's new movie Outlander is being shown as part of this years Glasgow Film Festival on Friday 20th February 2009 at the Glasgow Film Theatre. It's listed under the FrightFest section :D

Anyone who is in Glasgow should definitely check that out ;)
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Re: Outlander showing in the Glasgow Film Festival Feb 2009

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Cool!! I hope the film does amazingly well. :)
*Christy*

news
Fledgling

Post by news »

coco..thanks so much for posting this. In a few days I'll be seeing it where I live. My better half loves Sophia more than I do, I believe!!! :o :lol: Can hardly wait luv! :D
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

news wrote:coco..thanks so much for posting this. In a few days I'll be seeing it where I live. My better half loves Sophia more than I do, I believe!!! :o :lol: Can hardly wait luv! :D
news be sure and enjoy and let me know how it was. Being from Glasgow, I will definitely be checking it out as part of the Film Festival. I think it's so cool that this movie has been included as the line up of films old and new this year is superb :D
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
zanda
Kostan Industries intern

Post by zanda »

I watched last night........i really hate to say it but......its.......rubbish.....zanda sprints away and hides.......Sophia is her usual luminous and fabulous self and John Hurt plays her father very well but the lead actor....... :o ....i was sooooo dissapointed, been looking forward to it for months.
Banner by coco
Jinian
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Jinian »

Gah!!!! I can't believe I missed this movie! They sure sneaked this into theaters without any sort of announcement. It's only been three weeks but it's not playing in my city anymore. Drat! :evil:

Well, from the reviews it looked kinda hoaky but I miss seeing Sophia. I loved her in Hallam Foe, I'm grateful that was released in the U.S.

Ah well, it's back to DVDs and TV reruns then.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Any word on Sophia as far as if she's filming anything new?
Any news on her at all?
tecc
Fledgling

Post by tecc »

Jinian wrote:Gah!!!! I can't believe I missed this movie! They sure sneaked this into theaters without any sort of announcement. It's only been three weeks but it's not playing in my city anymore. Drat! :evil:

Well, from the reviews it looked kinda hoaky but I miss seeing Sophia. I loved her in Hallam Foe, I'm grateful that was released in the U.S.

Ah well, it's back to DVDs and TV reruns then.

I didn't get to see her in this....yet...but I do have Hallam Foe rented (sounded really good so glad to hear a positive review) and will be sitting down with that. :D

Haven't heard anything new on her Lisa but she's made for movies, I believe, so positive she will be turning up real soon. :D
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I live in NYC and when it was first released the closest theater was in Hamilton,NJ more than an hour away. I didn't feel like visiting my brother enough to go out to Jersey
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Thanks for responding,tecc.

I was curious if there was any talk about her doing another tv series.
Jinian
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Jinian »

Sigh, I don't think there is any news on upcoming projects for Sophia. I checked the Absolutely Sophia Myles site but didn't find any information. It bums me out that she is staying in hiding for so long. I wish she would show up on the screen again!
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Is she still living in the states, or has she returned to London?

If she's gone back, she may have something in the works over there.
tecc
Fledgling

Post by tecc »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Is she still living in the states, or has she returned to London?

If she's gone back, she may have something in the works over there.
I'm not sure. I know she took an interest in attending the BBM convention in London (if she were to get asked).

Return to “Past Projects”