Moonlight Locations - Tour intro

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Moonlight Locations - Tour intro

Post by Lilly »

Welcome to the new “Moonlight Locations” forum!

I’m hoping to use this area to highlight some of the locations used in the Moonlight episodes.

I spent the first three days of a recent trip to LA, scouting out some of the ML shooting locations and taking some photos. I cannot say enough about MyImmortal’s guide to ML locations. :notworthy: (Without it, I would have missed a number of opportunities.) The time and attention to detail that went into that effort are remarkable, and I strongly advise anyone contemplating a trip to LA to make sure to print it out and take it along. It’s an invaluable resource.

I’m going to get the ball rolling for each episode with photos and corresponding screencaps, but I encourage everyone to add their own pics, thoughts and anecdotes to the threads.

Two things immediately struck me as I stood in some of these spots I thought I knew. The first is: everything looks bigger on television. I was very surprised to see how small some of these spaces actually are. The second thing is, thanks to the incredible work of the camera operators and some very creative video editing, there was even more “Hollywood magic” at work than I ever could have imagined. Seeing, some of these places as they truly are gave me a huge appreciation for the amount of work and technical “sleight of hand” needed to make them appear as they did on the screen.

The tour begins shortly…

-------------

Links:

Episode 1: No Such Thing As Vampires

Episode2: Out of the Past

Episode 3: Dr. Feelgood

Episode 4: Fever

Episode 5: Arrested Development

Episode 6: B.C.

Episode 7: The Ringer

Episode 8: 12:04am

Episode 9: Fleur de Lis

Episode 10: Sleeping Beauty

Episode 11: Love Lasts Forever

Episode 12: The Mortal Cure

Episode 13: Fated to Pretend

Episode 14: Click

Episode 15: What's Left Behind

Episode 16: Sonata
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Moonlight Locations - Tour intro

Post by MoonShadow »

Wonderful thread Lilly and what a great idea!!!!!
I'll have to look back through my photo album and see if I have anything worth posting.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

thanks for this, Lilly. I'm going to make myself a hot chocolate and sit back and wait for the ride.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

This sounds very interesting! I can't wait to see what gets posted here.. :yes:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Oh, boy, Oh, boy! I love this kind of stuff! I've drooled over Myimmortal's maps! Sounds like fun.
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Cool...thanks Lilly! :thumbs:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

:rose: What a lovely idea, Lilly!! For those of us who probably won't ever get to LA to see these auspicious places first-hand, this will be priceless!! Thank you!!

:corn: ...settling in with some refreshments and waiting patiently for the tour to begin... :redwine:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Well, hopefully this idea will live up to expectations. I'm finding I really need to go back and spend a whole week taking more pictures. Image (Unfortunately, my hubby disagrees. :noway:)

I'm counting on all of you to supplement my meager offerings. Image

Episode 1 will be up shortly.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Are we there yet, mom?

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Lilly wrote:Well, hopefully this idea will live up to expectations. I'm finding I really need to go back and spend a whole week taking more pictures. Image (Unfortunately, my hubby disagrees. :noway:)

I'm counting on all of you to supplement my meager offerings. Image

Episode 1 will be up shortly.
At least hubby tolerated your obsession the first time around! :giggle: If you need a wing-girl for your return trip, I volunteer!! :wave: :wave:
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

I spent the morning cleaning up the photo files, (I had a few Moonlight ones that had gotten out of control according to my husband) and I found some good photos. I will Photobucket them and post tomorrow.
I have been getting caught up on the housework, now that the summer semester is over.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Thank you so much Lily! It turns out I am going to make a short stop in LA in a couple of days, to my own surprise. There's no way I'll see everything I would like to on this trip (especially being carless!), but that makes me all the more grateful to have these threads, so I can plan for the best! Thank you so much! :thumbs: And, well, I'll just have to make another trip to see the rest! ;)
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

This is exciting. I am very interested in seeing RL pictures to get an idea of what places look like.
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I'm hoping to catch a few Moonlight locations on my trip to Paley on Sept 11 so I'll be using mymortal's map. I know most of the so cal freshies have seen it all, so I hope I can find a willing partner. I go to the LA area a couple times a year but I'm always with family and I can't bring myself to insist we go to a ML site. THey'd wait in the car and think "She's gone bonkers."
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

helloeeze wrote:I'm hoping to catch a few Moonlight locations on my trip to Paley on Sept 11 so I'll be using mymortal's map. I know most of the so cal freshies have seen it all, so I hope I can find a willing partner. I go to the LA area a couple times a year but I'm always with family and I can't bring myself to insist we go to a ML site. THey'd wait in the car and think "She's gone bonkers."
Heh...I got lucky when my husband agreed to go visit La Brea when we were in LA for the con. He chose to ignore the ML tie-in...although I have to admit he was a very good sport about driving Lilly, Moonshadow and me by to see Mick's building!

Lucky

Return to “Moonlight Locations”