Charles and Anne Talk Part 4 Forgiveness Series PG

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Charles and Anne Talk Part 4 Forgiveness Series PG

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters. No copyright infringement is intended

May 1961

It was Mother’s Day weekend before Charles decided I had enough control to visit Mother. I couldn’t wait to see her. We had exchanged a few letters the last couple of months. Charles wants contact limited until he’s sure.

I’m so mad he won’t let me go to the train station with him.

He said he’ll pick Mother up and bring her to the house. I’ve never even been in this house before yesterday. We own homes in NY, LA, Boston, I wonder where else?

Charles waited as the train pulled in and he saw Anne Whitley.

"Mrs. Whitley he called.

"I told you to call me Anne. Where’s Sarah?

"I wanted to talk to you first. He walked her to the car.

"Is she all right? Sick? Hurt?

"No. She’s fine. Just a very young vampire.

"It’s been almost six years.

"Anne when I turned her she went into a coma. She didn’t wake up until December 16th last year.

"The day John died.

"Yes.

"She’s had to learn everything from how to eat, control her temper, the heightened senses. It’s an adjustment.

"It sounds like it. Anne agreed

"Do you know when a baby can walk, but can’t really communicate and then they get frustrated and tantrum?" Charles asked

"I went through my share of those with Sarah.

"Well, picture that only know she’s twice as strong as a human man and has fangs that can tear you apart.

"She wouldn’t hurt me. Anne insisted

"In her right mind, never. It takes a long time to control your vampire urges. It would destroy her if she hurt you. I haven’t let her see you because if she gets over-excited she vamps out. It’s normal for a new vampire but could be dangerous for you."

"I think I understand.

"So if she gets over-excited for any reason I’m ending this visit and I don’t want you to take it personally.

I won’t.

"I also want you to leave calmly, no crying, no strong emotions. If you’re upset she’ll get more upset.

"You want me to support your decision.

"Yes. I’m her sire and husband. While she’s a fledgling I have final say in how she’s handled."

"Good luck with that. But I don’t want her to do something she would regret. I’ll do whatever you say.

"Thank you. One of the reasons we don’t see relatives after we change is for their own safety.

"Do you have any family Charles?

"I have Sarah.

"I mean are your parents alive?

No

"Siblings?

No.

"Nieces, nephews, children.

No.

"How old are you?

"Charles.

"Anne. I’m 25 and that’s all you need to know. Before I forget, Sarah insists on cooking for you. We can’t eat food. Sarah has been fed a lot of blood today but like a baby she gets hungry. If she does can you handle her drinking blood from a glass?"

Yes.

"Don’t answer lightly. If you react badly, you’ll set her back and I won’t permit a visit for a very long time. I’m not trying to be cruel. I’m being honest.

"Charles, why don’t we take care of it as soon as we arrive? Pour me a drink and the two of you have your own drinks that way it won’t be awkward.

"That would be easier.

"Charles I want to make this easy. There’s a lot I don’t understand but I want this to work. I want to be able to see my daughter again.

"Anne she wants to see you very much. I didn’t look back once after I was turned and I don’t know any other vampires that did keep in touch with such close family members. I’m not sure this is a good idea.

"Charles, I’ll go along with whatever you decide. I won’t say I’ll always agree with you but as long as you don’t cut me out completely. If you let us write to each other and talk on the phone I can live without seeing her. But I really want to see my baby today. I want to see that she’s all right but I don’t want to harm her.

"Anne after talking to you today, unless it’s life-threatening I won’t cut off communication between the two of you. If you step into our lives there may be consequences for you. My enemies may find out who you are. I could call you up in the middle of the night and relocate you. What I’m saying is, as a human if you come into my family you’ll be under my protection but you’ll have to accept my authority.

"Charles my daughter is the most important person to me. You’ve been honest with me. I want to be a part of your lives.

He pulled into a driveway. "Here we are, last chance to back out.

"I’m not going anywhere.

"You don’t scare easily do you?

"Anne, I’m going to show you what a vampire looks like when they change. Sarah doesn’t have complete control yet and I don’t want you to be shocked.

She watched his face. "Silver eyes. I can deal with that Charles.

He sighed. Like mother, like daughter.
Last edited by cassysj on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Re: Charles and Anne Talk Part 4 Forgiveness Series PG

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Cassy, you are the master of intimate dialogue. This flows so naturally. I love how it almost reminds me of stream-of consciousness. I feel privy to a private conversation I otherwise should not be overhearing. :cheer:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Very nice. I like how he tries to prepare her for everything. She doesn't back out.

I think I know now what Josef saw in Beth. She must remind him of Sarah in that other reality.
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

Josef is soo calm & matter of fact in explaining everything to Anne. And I love how Anne is so accepting (so far). Because reading Sarah's diary & seeing the reality might be a little different. Very much looking forward to the next chapter.

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

wollstonecraft61 - I am so flattered. Thank you.

francis - That's a good point on Beth.

Aggie - Anne wants to see her daughter desperately but seeing is different than reading and hearing about it.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Great update!! Anne seems very strong-willed like Sarah. I hope the reality of seeing Sarah doesn't make her run!!! Love this story and can't wait for more... :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :hyper2: :gasp: :seesaw: :dracula: :fingerscrossed: :clover: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :hyper2: :woohoo: :hyper2:

mitzie :mooncat:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Love the way you're developing Anne. She is a strong woman, an apparently a match for Charles.....

this is great - Josef telling Anne his 'control' over Sarah....Anne's comeback is priceless!!
Yes. I’m her sire and husband. While she’s a fledgling I have final say in how she’s handled.

Good luck with that. But I don’t want her to do something she would regret. I’ll do whatever you say.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

mitzie - I see Sarah as taking a lot after her mother.

DSR - Yes, Sarah has a will of her own. I do wish Charles/Josef good luck with that myself.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Cassy, LOL--I wish Charles/Josef luck with that, too! Because with women like Anne and Sarah, there is no saying, "because I said so!" They always question and push and challenge you. But on the other hand, that'll keep him from getting bored. :giggle:

I love the way he tries to prepare Anne for what she will see. However prepared she is, though, it must be so much different to actually SEE your beloved child as an undead creature... eek. I wish them all luck!

I agree with Woll--your dialogue is wonderful. Your stories are almost like screenplays. The reader is free to imagine the surroundings. But you draw a picture of their world through the dialogue you write, and it's really wonderful. I agree that it's almost like eavesdropping on a private conversation. I almost feel guilty listening in! Not guilty enough to stop, mind you... :snicker:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thank you. I worry sometimes because descriptions are not my strong point. With my other stories the dolls set the stage so these all hinge on the conversations. I want us to all feel like a fly on the wall in Charles and Sarah's life.

Return to “Forgiveness”