Some news about other Moonlight sites

This is the place for cross-promotion with other Moonlight forums.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Some news about other Moonlight sites

Post by redwinter101 »

A couple of bits of information that may be of interest to members.

moonlightfans.com is having some issues that are preventing access to the forum. Many members have been in contact with Patrick (the site owner) to see if/when this will be rectified, but no news as yet. For many who are members there this site was their first ML home and I'm sure all of MLF's members are hoping the site comes back up soon.

Rueben at moonlight-united, which was primarily a campaign site, has posted an announcement that the site will close down at the end of May.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Some news about other Moonlight sites

Post by redwinter101 »

Well it's taken a while, but moonlightfans.com is back up and running.

Red

Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting onto Vamploveforever?
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

Moonlightsonata wrote:Wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting onto Vamploveforever?
Yes, I keep getting Error 500 or something like that!!
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

fairytoes wrote:
Moonlightsonata wrote:Wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting onto Vamploveforever?
Yes, I keep getting Error 500 or something like that!!
We had this issue here a few weeks ago - it was caused by a problem with our web host. It took them a couple of days but they fixed it - I presume it will be the same at VLF. Also, our error was intermittent, so I'd suggest waiting a while and then trying VLF again.

Red

fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

:thanks: Red! I just noticed your banner! OMG, what a beautie!!! I love it!!!
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

fairytoes wrote::thanks: Red! I just noticed your banner! OMG, what a beautie!!! I love it!!!
Thanks, fairy. coco does wonderful things with Mick pics...

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Hee!

So, old and rarely used thread these days, but I think this fits here... :winky:

Y'all may know there's a Canadian blogger who recaps 5-0 eps @ H50Sardonic. Her recaps are fun but odd, and she's attracted quite a following and "regular" commenters. These commenters are, many of them, brand new to Alex, but... surprise!... are now deep down the same rabbit hole we all are, and started thinking maybe they'd like to explore his "older" work. In fact, Sardonic herself FIRST discovered Alex in Feed, which is why she's watching 5-0. :2eyes:

Well, inevitably, they have gotten to ML... :biggrin: And now there are 5! discussion threads about the eps, as the crew there are watching together. :laugh: Hilarious read, ladies. For most of them, this is their first ever foray into the Moonlight. Many went in with trepidation, as no like vamps or show's promo's seemed cheesy... blah blah blah. And their self-congratulations on their studious study of the eps as they watch aside, the most experienced among them have seen each ep maybe 3 times...
:rolling: ... so they got NO idea the details they haven't yet put together. :eyeroll:

However, they've all gotten hooked. :devil:
Their groupthink differs from ours a bit... the Mick hair is a tough sell, he's a bit chunky, and they don't so much enjoy the henleys. :gasp: But they've decided the Mick/Joseph might just out-rock the McDanno. :brow:

At any rate, in case anyone needs to waste some time, and get a chuckle, here is a link to the first thread... to get to the others, just notice the thread options along the left side of the page, and click on the thread you want!

http://h50sardonic.com/2011/04/01/moonlight/

ETA: I am now in ML 4 thread... Best quote from this whole discussion... "Jason Dohring is Shellburn". :rolling:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

:giggle: Thank you for the giggle on a day where I needed it.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Thanks Grace this will be fun to explore. :winky:
Man they are not kind about the "moobies" and "fivehead" or his "thin" (?) fine hair and someone actually doesn't like his sideburns? Seriously? :eyeroll: And they think he has a "lisp" (?) when pronouncing Josef. I simply think it's pronounced Josef and not Josif on purpose no "lisp" to blame. :chin: Very Mick Sexy to me. :hearts:

But they've only been just bitten back in August so I'm looking forward to reading as they begin to join the Dark Side....ya know "We've got Cookies." V^^^^^V. :teeth:

It's so weird reading how different they see Alex having first known him as the extremely fit Steve to discovering our meatier/softer Mick whom we've watched evolve into Mr Men's Fitness before our very eyes over these last 3 years. Not that it's a bad thing it's just hard reading as they pic at the Mick look we loved and still love :sigh:
The way they fault him it's like their looking at my beer guzzling neighbor and not my Sexy Mick. :Mickangel: I mean just look at my banner :hearts:
They just make me wanna Image

But hey...they're newbies with some of the same early criticisms the press gave Moonlight (not Mick or Alex) when it debuted....and they eventually changed their tune as the show progressed.
So there is a plate of Crow waiting to be eaten...no doubt. :thumbs:
Last edited by kath40 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Well to give em their due, they are posting on a site entitled "sardonic". So they approach all with smart assy humor... which I kinda like. :winky:

But they LOOOOOOOOVE Alex. :heart: The ribbing is gentle, and I think maybe a GOOD thing for them to see who have resisited our guy changing and growing and maturing. Especially those who haven't been able to forgive him for not being Mick and for not dying for not being Mick, ya know?

And there is an endearing quality to how much MORE they love Alex, and Mick, as they get further into it. They approach Alex differently, as they met him differently. But they are, in fact, kindred spirits with us.

Moonlight is a uniter that way... Mick :rose: conquering the world one DVD sale at a time. :devil:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Yeah I get the "smart assy humor" of the site it's all in fun but it still stings :sigh: ...that's just me...but I can roll with it. :winky:

Not everyone got the unique privilege we did of watching him grow from our fuller cheeked Alex/Mick to our finely chiseled man of muscle Alex/Steve so I get it's a bit of an adjustment for them. We had the privilege of knowing what he went through and how far he has come to look the way he does today and we look forward to how far he will go in the future. Whether he "Soprano's out" or keeps fit we'll still love him every step of the way :hearts:

You're right I guess the sting is mine to own as I still hear the echos of those who turned on him so quickly. Finding anything and everything to blame him for because they just couldn't face reality. Alex is simply a talented actor, not their puppet, who used his talent so skillfully he made us believe the world of Moonlight's Mick and Beth really could exist .:heart: For some that fantasy was very hard to let go of so they lashed out...in vicious petty ways...and sadly some still do. :whistle:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

kath40 wrote:
Not everyone got the unique privilege we did of watching him grow from our fuller cheeked Alex/Mick to our finely chiseled man of muscle Alex/Steve so I get it's a bit of an adjustment for them. We had the privilege of knowing what he went through and how far he has come to look the way he does today and we look forward to how far he will go in the future. Whether he "Soprano's out" or keeps fit we'll still love him every step of the way :hearts:
Oh now... This is just lovely! :rose:
You are so right.

aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

Her first exposure to Alex was Feed? Wow...the shock she must have experienced when she saw him after that. I have to check that Sardonic site out. I love when new people discover Moonlight, even if they're not totally convinced....yet.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

I just read every comment from August 2011. Haven't done the separate ML threads yet. It's fun to see how differently these women feel about him the later they "discovered" him. I'm so happy that I discovered him in 2007. :Mickangel:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar

Return to “Wider Moonlight Community”