Moving Day (G)

A place for Sumaire's G to PG-13 stories
Sumaire
Kostan Industries intern

Moving Day (G)

Post by Sumaire »

This is a quick one shot to tie up loose ends, which I hate.

Usual disclaimers, not mine just borrowing.

Moving Day

Beth looked around her apartment. What should she take with her to Mick’s? There were so many memories within the walls. Laughter and tears, incredible highs and lows.

Mick walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Penny for your thoughts?” He placed a soft kiss on her neck.

“I’m just trying to decide what to bring with me. My cookware, of course. The DVD’s, your collection sucks.” Mick looked at her with mock disgust. The smile in his eyes gave him away. “My CD’s, pictures, that kind of thing.”

“What furniture do you want to take?”

“You know, I don’t think that I really want to take anything. Well, except for my antique cedar chest that was my grandmother’s. We could put that in the master bedroom.”

“What ever you want, honey.” Mick released her, picked up a box and headed to her DVD collection. “Do you want these in any particular order?”

“No. There not in order right now anyway. I’ll re-organize them at our house.” She giggled. Their house. She loved the sound of it.

She walked over to the fireplace and started to remove the pictures from the mantle. Most were of her family. A few were of friends and one was of her and Josh. As she took that one down, she caressed the picture. Mick looked over at her. “We can hang that picture if you want to, you know.”

She set the picture in the box. “No, I don’t want to, it just like most of the other things in this apartment remind me of a different life; a different person.”

“I don’t want you to leave things behind because of me.” Mick walked over and put his arms on her shoulders, gently massaging them.

“It’s not because of you. Well, it is partially. I just don’t want to bring in all the memories of Josh and me into our home. He has no place there. This was his place.”

It was true. Josh’s essence did permeate everything in Beth’s apartment. He was glad that she understood. But then she always had. “Thank you.” He kissed her head.

Beth turned around and wrapped her arms around his waist and looked up into his gorgeous hazel eyes. She could see his total love of her shining through.

“For what?”

“For understanding me better than I understand myself.”

Beth smiled and poked him in the chest. “Well that is part of my soul in your heart, remember?”

Mick laughed. “So it is.” They both glanced up as Beth’s phone went off. She walked over to her purse, dug around for a minute, finally pulling it out triumphantly.

“Oh, wow. It’s a text from Aoife.”

“What does it say?” Beth was scrolling down, reading. A smile came on her face.

“It says: Beth, I heard through the grapevine that today was officially moving day for you. Just wanted to say congrats and tell Mick to put down the crystal vase before he drops it.” Beth looked up at Mick. Sure enough he was holding her antique Waterford crystal vase. Mick quickly set it down. “How does she do that? She’s in Ireland.”

Mick shrugged his shoulders. “Where’s the bubble wrap?” He was handed the wrap. “Thanks, Beth.”

Beth giggled. “I didn’t hand you the bubble wrap, Mick.”

“What? Then who did?” He stopped, closed his eyes and smelled the air. How does she do that?

He heard a very familiar soft laugh. He turned around to see Aoife standing behind him. “Aoife, what are you doing here?”

Beth walked over and hugged what she considered her best friend, other than Mick. “Yes, I thought you were in Ireland.”

“I was. But I had to take care of a hunter cell in Mexico, so I thought I’d check on my place and visit family before I headed back. And to answer your question, practice. I have to be able to sneak up on anyone.”

“So, not taking much, huh?” Aoife looked around and noticed very few boxes.

“No, none of my stuff fits in with Mick’s décor. I love his stuff anyway. So other than the few personal items, I’m going to give it all to charity.”

“I’m glad to see that Mick’s not the only one letting go of the past.”

“It feels good. The right thing to do.” Beth walked back to her purse, pulled her phone out and called The Salvation Army for a donation pick up.

“So, what else needs packed?” Aoife picked up a box.

“The kitchen.”

“Well, let’s get the show on the road.” The three friends spent the next few hours packing up what Beth wanted to take. The two vampires carried the boxes downstairs and loaded the moving truck.

After everything was loaded, they all stood in the now almost stale apartment. Everything that had given it life was now gone.

Beth sighed. “It doesn’t seem like home anymore.” Mick looked over at her and reached for her hand.

“It’s not, Beth.”

Aoife smiled. “Let’s get out of here. I don’t know about the two of you, but I’m starving.” She opened the door and walked out, Mick following her. Beth headed to the doorway and stopped, looking back one more time. She shut the door, took Mick’s hand that he had offered and headed to the desk. She left the key with the manager with instructions to let The Salvation Army to remove everything left in the apartment.

As the three friends walked down the steps, Beth smiled. New beginnings were wonderful.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moving Day (G)

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I remember this Sumaire! It's very sweet and I enjoyed rereading it!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

This is really great to see them putting the past in it's rightful place!! Well-done, lovely!!!! :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :woohoo: :cheer: :cheering: :cloud9: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :hearts:

mitzie
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

This was lovely Sumaire :biggrin:

Drawing a line under the past and moving forward together. Just lovely. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lovely!

Aiofe is such a wonderful, rich character. A bit like Josef. bit less snarky.

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Sumaire's Office”