Underworld

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Sophia's movie "Outlander" for General release Jan 23, 2009

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Let's hope she gets asked and attends.

She is such a lovely woman, I certainly hope that she is at the very least getting some projects pitched to her.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

"Outlander" on general release in the UK April 24

Post by redwinter101 »

"Outlander" goes on general release in the UK this Friday, April 24 so there will be quite a few reviews this week. Here's a brief snippet from one of the national newspapers, with nice words about Sophia's performance:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -21288775/

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Re: "Outlander" on general release in the UK April 24

Post by coco »

Thanks for the info Red.

I missed this at the Glasgow Film Festival earlier this year. I'm interested to see Sophia's performance in this although I'm not sure about the rest of it :snicker:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

So has anyone --of us I mean, anyone on the board here-- actually seen the movie??
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

Zanda saw it, said sadly it was rubbish. that being said, i'll probably go watch it
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Thanks for that "intelligence" ash... oh well... she'll get in another winner before too long!

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Yeah, the reviews were pretty bad for the movie too, though Sophia's reviews were not all that bad. There is no release date as yet for the U.S. I've got an Amazon alert to let me know when it will be coming out so I can pre-order. I would imagine it won't be much longer before its out in the States. Like everyone else, I'll watch it to support Sophia, but I'm not holding out great expectations for the flick. :giggle:
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Thanks for the info, Red.

Outlander has been on my Netflix list for ages now. It's slated for a release here (U.S.) in May. Can't wait!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Outlander DVD Release in the U.S.

Post by r1015bill »

Sophia's latest movie The Outlander was barely released in the US back in February/March. If you weren't lucky enough to be close to a theatre that had it, the DVD is being released in the U.S. on May 19th. Netflix will have it for those of you on that service.
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Outlander DVD Release in the U.S.

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Thanks for the heads-up! I have an Amazon alert that should let me know when I can pre-order. So it should be real soon that I get that e-mail! :snicker:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I watched the DVD of Sophia's latest release "Outlander" last night.

Of course, Sophia did a great job. She looks really good with red hair. Her character was pretty kick a$$ . While Beth was spunky, Freya was tuff! One of the characters says of Freya "There's nothing soft about her". Sophia had to do some interesting stunt work and had to handle a sword.

As a movie, it was okay. It had so many things going for it like great cast, pretty good special effects, and what I thought was an interesting storyline. However, it didn't seem to come together.

If I had to pin the my discomfort on one thing, it would be Jim Caveizel. I know he was supposed to seem like an outsider but he just never warmed up. He really didn't have chemistry with Sophia. When he does talk about what should be emotional, he's kind of wooden.

Anyway, I did enjoy seeing another side of Sophia. I wouldn't buy the movie but it's worth renting.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I've never seen Sophia do anything else. It's on my Netflix list.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Thanks for that review, r'bill...
r1015bill wrote:
As a movie, it was okay. It had so many things going for it like great cast, pretty good special effects, and what I thought was an interesting storyline. However, it didn't seem to come together.

Anyway, I did enjoy seeing another side of Sophia. I wouldn't buy the movie but it's worth renting.
I will do as you did, and go the netflix route rather than buying!!! :thumbs:

The only other thing I've ever seen Sophia in, besides that Dr. Who ep, was Tristan and Isolde. If you ARE looking for a movie to get a sense of her other work, I would recommend watching that one. It also is not a perfect movie and has some rather confusing and some icky moments. But she's quite lovely in it and it IS a classic love story... one of the love stories that define classic in fact.

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Those are my favorite two things from Sophia too! T&I is sort of similar to Freya in Outlander but Isolde's much more the "traditional" woman. The Dr. Who Ep is named "The Girl in the Fireplace".

I'd also check out Hallam Foe (released as Mister Foe in U.S.).
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Too late! :snicker: I've already bought the movie from Amazon. It should be here sometime this week. I'll watch it and hope its at least worth the couple hours lost to the movie. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Past Projects”