Rules regarding fan fic

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Rules regarding fan fic

Post by Phoenix »

Beloved authors – please be aware of these rules before you post any of your work.

All work needs a proper disclaimer, such as:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

No real person fan fiction – no exceptions!

Because this is a 100% Moonlight forum, there are two types of literature allowed here: Moonlight fan fiction and original fiction. This forum was created by writers for writers, so original fiction & poetry are most welcome here. Crossover fan fiction is allowed providing that at least one of the main Moonlight characters plays a central role in the story. (If you have any queries, please contact me or one of the mods before posting your story.)

Without ruining the plot, please place appropriate warnings at the top of your work. Any story that contains violence, coarse language, non-consensual sex, adult themes, graphic sex scenes, or character death requires a warning. If the warnings are insufficient or absent, the author will be politely asked to add them. If the request is not complied with in a mature & timely fashion, the fic will be removed without further notice.

All slash fics, regardless of rating, need to be clearly marked.

Please use appropriate ratings: G, PG, PG-13, R or NC-17. The rating needs to be listed in the title line of each individual thread / chapter, not only the first page. This rule applies equally from G to NC-17.

If the word "nookie" appears in the title line, the author will be politely asked to edit it. If the request is not complied with in a mature & timely fashion, the fic will be removed without further notice. If necessary, PWP is an acceptable substitute for the words "nookie alert", although personally I would prefer that stories which are by definition PWP not be posted here at all. Please note: that is not a forum rule - it is my personal opinion.

If you have any questions at all, please ask me or the mods.
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Rules regarding fan fic

Post by redwinter101 »

:bump:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “General Forum Guidelines”