"Keep My Heart" from 12:04am is now available on iTunes!

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

"Keep My Heart" from 12:04am is now available on iTunes!

Post by Lilly »

The slow jazz song in "12:04am" that played as Jerry Drake exited the pool and made his way into the house where Shepherd was waiting is now available on iTunes!

The song "Keep My Heart" by Deep Sounds was originally taken from the APM music library and was not available to the public.

Now, here is the bragging part: This morning I found a cryptically marked CD sitting on top of my computer. The Post-it note read "Play this song." When I popped it in to play, I couldn't believe it. My 13-year-old son found the song for me.

He had watched "12:04am" with me on SciFi and asked what song that was. At a commercial break, I explained to him that the song wasn't available -- it had come from a stock song library used by the industry. Well, apparently he didn't like that answer. He stewed on it for a while and early this morning decided to go on a secret "mission." (If he had asked me the name of the song, I could have told him, but he didn't ask.) He didn't dare touch my DVDs, so he went to YouTube to find the episode and made note of the lyrics. He did a lyric search, found questions online from when we were originally looking for the song, and finally came up with the name and artist. Then, he went to iTunes and found the song. I'm not sure how long it's been there -- we had kind of given up looking.

Anyway, it's a great song. :D
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: "Keep My Heart" from 12:04am is now available on iTunes!

Post by wpgrace »

Thanks Lilly... that's good to know...

...but even more so, what a sweet and clever son! :heart:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

How marvellous, Lilly and thanks so much for the info. I hope this is available on iTunes UK too - I shall check tonight.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Lilly, that kid deserves a big hug!

I've always known he was smart, but that's darned enterprising of him, as well. (Now, does he take requests?)

Lucky
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Lilly wrote:The slow jazz song in "12:04am" that played as Jerry Drake exited the pool and made his way into the house where Shepherd was waiting is now available on iTunes!

The song "Keep My Heart" by Deep Sounds was originally taken from the APM music library and was not available to the public.

Now, here is the bragging part: This morning I found a cryptically marked CD sitting on top of my computer. The Post-it note read "Play this song." When I popped it in to play, I couldn't believe it. My 13-year-old son found the song for me.

He had watched "12:04am" with me on SciFi and asked what song that was. At a commercial break, I explained to him that the song wasn't available -- it had come from a stock song library used by the industry. Well, apparently he didn't like that answer. He stewed on it for a while and early this morning decided to go on a secret "mission." (If he had asked me the name of the song, I could have told him, but he didn't ask.) He didn't dare touch my DVDs, so he went to YouTube to find the episode and made note of the lyrics. He did a lyric search, found questions online from when we were originally looking for the song, and finally came up with the name and artist. Then, he went to iTunes and found the song. I'm not sure how long it's been there -- we had kind of given up looking.

Anyway, it's a great song. :D
Great story, Lilly! It constantly amazes me what my kids can do on the computer..a little scary too!! They are soooo much more literate than I am....I have to ask my teen daughter how to navigate things and she'll roll her eyes.. :roll: She also thinks it's pretty cool for mom to learn new things "at my age"... :snicker:
lynnrxgal
Fledgling

Post by lynnrxgal »

What a great kids - give him a hug for me! I downloaded it already and cannot wait to listen to it on my way to work. Another Moonlight memory... *sigh*
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I passed on all your hugs and great comments to my son. He was thrilled to be appreciated. :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

redwinter101 wrote:I hope this is available on iTunes UK too - I shall check tonight.
The song is available on iTunes UK.

Thanks again, Lilly.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

redwinter101 wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:I hope this is available on iTunes UK too - I shall check tonight.
The song is available on iTunes UK.

Thanks again, Lilly.

Red
Yay! :yahoo:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Oooooh, NICE! Give that kid a hug for me, Lilly!

I'll grab it tonight when I get home.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

Smarty-britches. :snicker: You got yourself a good kiddo, resourcefulness and thoughtfulness are a knock-out combination. :woohoo:
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Oh Lilly what a wonderful gift! He knew how very much you would appreciate both the thought and the effort. That is one story that touches the heart in so many layers :rose:
I am so happy for you.

now, dashing off to snag a copy for myself....

grinning ear to ear... listening to my copy as I type!
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

That is one of my favorite songs from the show!!!! Haven't been able to get that song out of my head for quite a while. Please tell your son a big :thanks: for me!!!! Thanks Lilly!!

mitzie
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks, Lilly and thanks to the kiddo, too. :hearts:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lilly, what an amazing feeling that must have been... kudos to your brilliant and loving son for doing that for you--and to you as a mom for sharing your love of the show in a way that touched him enough to want to do this for you. :rose:

That's just incredibly inspiring. :hug: And oh, yeah--I love the song, too! I'll download it as soon as I get home tonight! :yahoo:

Return to “Moonlight Music”