Dark Thoughts PG-13 Champagne Challenge 176

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Dark Thoughts PG-13 Champagne Challenge 176

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any Moonlight characters, no copyright infringement is intended. I also rarely write Mick but....here you go.

It never crossed my mind when I saw that raven haired beauty that it would lead to a life of darkness.

Those deep brown eyes, darker than chocolate. The eyes are the mirrors to the soul, how did I not see what hid behind them?

All those years of playing one nowhere gig to another, sleeping all day. If I had it to do over I would have been a ditch digger, a mailman, a man whose skin is weathered or kissed by the sun.

If you ask Coraline she’ll say she never stole anything from me. I offered my heart and pledged my life to her. She shared with me what she felt was her prized possession.

Beth just turned thirty-seven. Her mother died of breast cancer two years ago. She swears she wants to stop the clock but if I turn the sun into the moon…What am I? I’ve long since forgiven Coraline but….to change from life to undead. I’ve killed many people but this is something else.

I called Josef’s house in DC but when Solita answered I knew there was no point in asking the question. When Josef Kostan’s corvette crashed on the Pacific Coast Highway three years ago he didn’t hesitate a second. One minute Solita was his human freshie girlfriend, the next she was his fledgling. He didn’t wait for Solita to ask…he decided. I guess I have to decide, do I want to bring a piece of the sun to light up my eternal dark nights?
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Dark Thoughts PG-13 Champagne Challenge 176

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Carol! :rose: This is really beautiful, and so very Mick!! :Mickangel: I hope he chooses to do what Beth wants. :fingerscrossed: :heart:

(Mick really is a lousy vampire in a lot of ways. I think Beth could teach him a thing or two about accepting his lot in un-life. He really needs her... especially since he no longer has Josef around!!)
LaughtersMelody
Freelance freshie

Post by LaughtersMelody »

This is wonderful! :clapping:

I loved his thoughts about Caroline, and the way he's struggling about whether or not to turn Beth. :Mickangel:

Amazing work! :flowers:

-Laughter

My Fanfiction Office.

Jesus is Lord.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thank you so much. I so rarely write Mick that I'm always a little hesitant. I'm glad it rang true!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

This is such a lovely dark piece. I thought it first it would just be about Coraline, but short as the story is it goes so much deeper, Mick wrestling with a decision that must have haunted him for many years. This is a great line ...
cassysj wrote:She swears she wants to stop the clock but if I turn the sun into the moon…What am I?
It seems clear that Beth wants to be turned, and is definite about that, but it is not so easy for Mick. For him it could never be so simple as just doing what she wants. That's so very true to Mick's character. Amazing how much you got into just a few lines!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wow, cassy, i was totally engrossed during this short piece. This is exactly the sort of dark that I think about when humans and vampires become involved. You've really hit on Mick's dilemma here. How does a moral man approach such a humungous decision as turning someone you love? What's implicit in your piece is that years down the track Mick still really does not relish the life of a vampire. I think its that that holds him back. Josef, who loves it, doesn't hesitate to turn his beloved when the time for a decision comes along.

ps: ... the sun to moon line. Great line.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

This is wonderful! Just the right kind of dark, and I think your Mick was right on. :yes:

And, you know, if you wanted to continue this, at least as far as Mick making his decision and telling Beth about it, that would be fine with me. :whistle:

Great response to the challenge!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Shadow wrote:This is such a lovely dark piece. I thought it first it would just be about Coraline, but short as the story is it goes so much deeper, Mick wrestling with a decision that must have haunted him for many years. This is a great line ...
cassysj wrote:She swears she wants to stop the clock but if I turn the sun into the moon…What am I?
It seems clear that Beth wants to be turned, and is definite about that, but it is not so easy for Mick. For him it could never be so simple as just doing what she wants. That's so very true to Mick's character. Amazing how much you got into just a few lines!
Thank you. It is so hard for Mick and so easy for those around him to embrace eternal life.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:wow, cassy, i was totally engrossed during this short piece. This is exactly the sort of dark that I think about when humans and vampires become involved. You've really hit on Mick's dilemma here. How does a moral man approach such a humungous decision as turning someone you love? What's implicit in your piece is that years down the track Mick still really does not relish the life of a vampire. I think its that that holds him back. Josef, who loves it, doesn't hesitate to turn his beloved when the time for a decision comes along.

Thank you. Josef believes in the better to ask forgiveness than permission. :snicker: I think for Mick he doesn't ever want Beth to feel about him how he felt about Coraline.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:This is wonderful! Just the right kind of dark, and I think your Mick was right on. :yes:

And, you know, if you wanted to continue this, at least as far as Mick making his decision and telling Beth about it, that would be fine with me. :whistle:

Great response to the challenge!
LOL! Mick only whispers to me occasionally so it would depend on him but thanks!
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

Oh Cassy, I love this!! :hug:

I can so hear Mick here, and the dilemma he's struggling with, and like MLC, I have no opposition to hearing what comes of the decision he makes. It's just so beautifully written! I hope you have the inspiration to carry on... there's certainly the voice there.

Thank you for sharing. :heart:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

allegrita wrote:Oh, Carol! :rose: This is really beautiful, and so very Mick!! :Mickangel: I hope he chooses to do what Beth wants. :fingerscrossed: :heart:

(Mick really is a lousy vampire in a lot of ways. I think Beth could teach him a thing or two about accepting his lot in un-life. He really needs her... especially since he no longer has Josef around!!)

You are so true in that statement!! Mick really isn't a great vampire as he holds onto his human past too much to truly embrace the darkness that is his world now, but that's we love him so much! :heart:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

cassysj wrote:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:wow, cassy, i was totally engrossed during this short piece. This is exactly the sort of dark that I think about when humans and vampires become involved. You've really hit on Mick's dilemma here. How does a moral man approach such a humungous decision as turning someone you love? What's implicit in your piece is that years down the track Mick still really does not relish the life of a vampire. I think its that that holds him back. Josef, who loves it, doesn't hesitate to turn his beloved when the time for a decision comes along.

Thank you. Josef believes in the better to ask forgiveness than permission. :snicker: I think for Mick he doesn't ever want Beth to feel about him how he felt about Coraline.
I think your email right cassy. I’ve written about this dilemma myself and couldn’t write Mick turning her for exactly that reason.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

:clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:
YES, Mick... decide for her, turn her... both of you will be happier....

(and I couldn't be happier for your change of heart)

Beautifully written, so touching.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Well done, Cassy. These short pieces force you to distill a character's the essence and you did it so well for Mick. You grabbed our attention and twisted us around in less than a minute. Good job.

I like that you've shown Mick's growth. When we met him he never would have considered turning Beth, but ten years on, with someone he loves, the thought seems to be at least worth considering. Also, you got his inner dialogue right. Kudos.

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo

Return to “cassysj's Office”