Article with Alex assessing his life

Post by r1015bill »

Very interesting article of Alex kind of "taking stock"

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... s8hft.html
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Article with Alex assessing his life

Post by allegrita »

Wow. That is a very good interview. I think it makes a lot of sense for a guy just turned 40 to be taking stock, looking back and looking forward and thinking about what he wants to do with the rest of his life. It makes me sad that he seems so physically beaten down and exhausted. :comfort2: He never does anything halfway, and that has taken its toll on him. But I'm happy that he is satisfied with the job he's done. Despite the fact that I wish he could have fallen into a deeper sort of show...? I think he has done extremely well with what he has been given. And he has a great deal to be proud of. :rose:

I hope he decides to do a couple of movies a year, things that interest him, and doesn't go for another series. He's done his time on TV. Much as I enjoy seeing so much of him, I think it would be better for him to switch gears, if he does choose to keep acting, and go for thoughtful, interesting roles that don't destroy his body. But whatever he decides to do after 5-0, I wish him the very best. He's quite a guy, isn't he? :hearts:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thank you for that! That was a great interview. And it seems so "Alex" to me. I was thinking to myself that he would probably want to stay in Hawaii after H50 ends. I do hope he finds something else that is worthy of him but won't take such a toll on his body.

:hearts:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Another article in the same vein.

I choose to take the last part as Alex saying "I'm still pissed that Moonlight didn't get a season 2" :twothumbs:

Spoiler alert before 11/4 episode is broadcast.

https://tvline.com/2016/11/01/hawaii-fi ... 0-preview/
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

r1015bill wrote:Another article in the same vein.

I choose to take the last part as Alex saying "I'm still pissed that Moonlight didn't get a season 2" :twothumbs:

Spoiler alert before 11/4 episode is broadcast.

https://tvline.com/2016/11/01/hawaii-fi ... 0-preview/
I saw this article, too, and was frankly amazed at just how much bodily injury Alex has suffered.

And cheers to the interviewer who brought up Moonlight!! It seems that there are others out there that still think fondly of the show that should have gotten a second season.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I like Matt Mitovich. He's been very positive and supportive of Alex, and I think he's a genre fan, based on the people he interviews. Good for him to bring up Moonlight in a positive way. He could have used Three Rivers as his example, but he used Moonlight. :hearts: Good old Matt. :hug:
darkstarrising wrote:I saw this article, too, and was frankly amazed at just how much bodily injury Alex has suffered.
Yeah, those could all be crippling injuries. :gasp: Alex is going to be plagued by them for the rest of his life, poor guy. :sigh: I'm glad he has continued to stay in good shape. When you hurt a joint, your muscles can really help to stabilize it and protect it from further injury.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

allegrita wrote:I like Matt Mitovich. He's been very positive and supportive of Alex, and I think he's a genre fan, based on the people he interviews. Good for him to bring up Moonlight in a positive way. He could have used Three Rivers as his example, but he used Moonlight. :hearts: Good old Matt. :hug:
I'm not sure anyone really cried when Three Rivers got axed. :snicker:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Except Alex, maybe. :winky:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Bless his heart, he probably did. I know he bought into the public awareness aspect of that series. (Plus I'm sure the paycheck was welcome!)
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I didn't care at all when "Three Rivers" ended although Amy and I did drive out to Pittsburgh to see Alex there. I won't care either when Hawaii 5-0 ends because I hope it results in Alex making more use on his dramatic talents. Maybe a movie once in a while. I truly don't feel that except for how they write Kono's part, they have any understanding of women and how they behave and the tonight's Episode 150 really showed that to me
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

It really wouldn't surprise me if Alex does give up acting, at least for a while. Hawaii is now home for him & unless another acting gig came along in Hawaii I could see him taking a long break. I will miss Hawaii 50 when it ends. I'm probably different to most people here in that I don't over analyse the show - I just watch it for what it is - entertainment. I love seeing Alex on TV and I love the Hawaiin countryside.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Another article which is even more definite than the previous two.

http://collider.com/hawaii-five-0-alex- ... ial#images
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

I don't like the fact that Alex says in this article that Catherine is basically not going to be Steve's choice. - that she isn't good for him. She's done, and if there is no chance of a reconciliation, so am I as far as this show goes. Maybe Catherine has left him a few times, but if you truly love someone, I feel you are willing to give them another chance. After seeing this episode I definitely feel that except for Kono, the writers of this show have no idea how to write women's parts. I said in spoilers about this episode - and I am sorry for the repeats - that I truly can't understand how a woman could leave a man who she loved enough to be willing to marry and left him with no way to reach her? I just don't see that happening unless there were other issues beyond patriotism. In addition I don't understand how Doris could have left her children and her husband and let them think she was dead. for so long. It just goes beyond normal Motherly instincts. And particularly at this point, when I imagine she is supposed to be at least 60 years old, why didn't Doris leave with Steve so that she could spend time with him, her daughter and grand child? I just don't think a woman would behave like that. I' am interested in how others feel about this.

P.S. I don't know if anyone else remembers but I do - and this was closer to his Moonlight days - that Alex said in a relationship he felt the woman should love him more than he loves her. I don't remember the exact reason why and maybe it has something to do with how Australian men feel - I don't know, but I remember at the time, thinking it was odd.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I don't remember him saying that the woman has to love more. I remember him saying that the woman has to be just as committed to the relationship as he is. He wasn't interested in "loving more" in a high maintenance kind of relationship.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

I do remembering him saying the woman needed to love him more but it was a long time ago. Not that it really matters but I am curious if anyone from the Moonlightline days remembers this also?

Return to “General Discussion”