Nina Tassler: I still believe in vampires

myimmortal
Fledgling

Nina Tassler: I still believe in vampires

Post by myimmortal »

Article posted on Hollywood Reporter today...

23 Network Chiefs on Frustrating Trends, Coveted Reboots and the Series They Can't Miss
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/n ... 015-764852
The project I'd like to reboot is:
TASSLER I still believe in vampires. If we could do Moonlight again, I'd do it.
Interesting that Moonlight is still on Nina Tassler's radar after all these years. Nina got (still gets?) a lot of flack some fans, but comments like this lead me to believe that she genuinely did like Moonlight and would have kept it around if she could. :chin:

I personally have no problem with rebooting shows since reboots will never diminish the orginal, but (if done well) provide an opportunity to fall in love with a fictional world all over again.

I tend to be a fan of TV shows (and the worlds they create) rather than actors. While I may love certain actors in certain roles, rarely do I end up following their careers -- if I watch other work they have done, it's because the work itself is something that interests me regardless of whether they are in it or not. So I don't have any problems with other actors playing Mick, Beth, Josef, etc. Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek are two reboots that I ended up loving more (Galactica) or almost as much (Trek) as the originals.

I don't know if I would have come to love Moonlight as much if the pilot presentation version is what they went with and therefore what I saw first. But I love the pilot presentation now and it is similar to what a reboot would be -- slightly tweaked premise, different actors, but the soul of the show is the same. :hearts:
_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Nina Tassler: I still believe in vampires

Post by r1015bill »

Wow...

It gives me a bit of respect for her.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

To be honest, I'm not that surprised she views our little show in this way. Moonlight was just ahead of the curve, and if things had gone just a bit differently, it might very well have been a big success. We could play "if only" for days... :sigh:

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Moonlight reboot in a five or ten years, with a whole new cast. If they did it now, I'd prefer a spin-off show about vampires in that same universe, but not "our" characters. Sort of like Star Trek: The Next Generation. A new bunch of stories in the universe we loved, but no attempt to "reboot" the core characters, because that would feel wrong to me. I wonder if the network would be open to that. :chin:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

allegrita wrote:To be honest, I'm not that surprised she views our little show in this way. Moonlight was just ahead of the curve, and if things had gone just a bit differently, it might very well have been a big success. We could play "if only" for days... :sigh:

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Moonlight reboot in a five or ten years, with a whole new cast. If they did it now, I'd prefer a spin-off show about vampires in that same universe, but not "our" characters. Sort of like Star Trek: The Next Generation. A new bunch of stories in the universe we loved, but no attempt to "reboot" the core characters, because that would feel wrong to me. I wonder if the network would be open to that. :chin:
Wow!! While I agree that Moonlight really was just ahead of the curve, I'm floored that Nina remembers it, let alone would praise it.

One tweak to a reboot - I could see a reboot with different cast members, but having Jason reprise his role as Josef would be a great way to tell new stories, maybe a few years in either the past or future while keeping the link to the original series. I can't see Alex ever doing it again - he's got Hawaiian fever. :snicker:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Gee, how would I feel about a new ML series centered around Josef....

:yahoo:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

librarian_7 wrote:Gee, how would I feel about a new ML series centered around Josef....

:yahoo:
Oh, I don't know, maybe just a little happy? :whistle:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

And Jason is ageless enough that he could pull it off, too! :happysigh: Ooh... Josef in some other era! How much do I love that idea?! :hyper2: :hyper2:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Guillermo, Logan and Josef -- who has some noob to mentor. Reluctantly. :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, Logan might be hard to explain, since David Blue now looks like a dreamy leading man... :laugh: but hey, maybe Logan found love and decided he needed to clean up his act! After all, Josef asked Mick in episode 1 if he'd been working out, so maybe Moonlight vamps do gain or lose weight. :teeth:

*Alle goes into a happy Guillermo dream*
:cloud9:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

If the poor teen vamp can't get rid of acne, it doesn't seem like they could lose weight.
:chin:

But if the show was rebooted, I would totally disregard the weight difference.
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

I'd totally watch a reboot of the show now so much time has passed. I'm sure after the initial few episodes I'd stop thinking about the originals & just enjoy the new leads.

Unfortunately I know this would never happen but it's fun to dream about.
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

Lilly wrote:Guillermo, Logan and Josef -- who has some noob to mentor. Reluctantly. :teeth:
I could go with that but a true Moonlight reboot? :no: There is no Mick but Alex . . . :heart:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

jmc wrote:
Lilly wrote:Guillermo, Logan and Josef -- who has some noob to mentor. Reluctantly. :teeth:
I could go with that but a true Moonlight reboot? :no: There is no Mick but Alex . . . :heart:
Same here jmc. Alex made Mick so real to me he's still running around LA in my fantasies and dreams. So if they reboot Moonlight it must be a complete new reimagining or a "spin" off.
No recasting of Mick please. :nonono:

Sorry I just can't go there...yet. What can I do?....Image...and he hasn't given it back :heart:

Now if Trevor can get on with releasing his next book "Guardian Angle" I can enjoy more Mick Angle St John with Alex as my imortal Mick in my minds eye. :reading: :hearts:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Like some others I don't know that I could watch a rebooting of Moonlight with a re-casting of Mick. Maybe in 5 or more years from now but not less.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

A Moonlight reboot?

Without Alex as Mick?

:nonono:

To be fair, Nina Tassler got a lot of crap for the demise of Moonlight, but it wasn't her fault, really. If there was blame to be passed about, some of it should go to Joel Silver for being a stubborn dumbass, and to WB for not trying to shop the show again when the vampire genre started getting a real foothold.

But...hindsight is 20/20. :yes:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram

Return to “100% Moonlight”