Moonlight anniversary get-together, anyone?

This is the place for cross-promotion with other Moonlight forums.
myimmortal
Fledgling

Moonlight anniversary get-together, anyone?

Post by myimmortal »

Visiting LA? Why stay in a hotel when you can stay in the FoS!

While planning my (4th? 5th? 6th? I've lost track...) ML pilgrimage to LA, I decided to look into alternate accommodations from the usual hotel, and while browsing Airbnb I found this gorgeous loft in the Title Guarantee building that's available for vacation rental:

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/577958

Naturally, I wasted no time booking the loft for a week :yahoo: and I figured it would be even more cool to invite a few ML fans over to enjoy the accommodations with me. :twothumbs:

So is anyone in the LA area interested in hanging out for an afternoon in the Title Guarantee building on Saturday, Sept 27 or Sunday, Sept 28?

Here are some ideas I have for activities (in addition to general gabbery, of course!) and I'm open to more suggestions:

- Potluck lunch
- Watch ML vids (I've got a bunch of DVDs of ML dailies I can bring)
- Group reading of "The Mortal Cure" script (I got a first draft copy from ebay that has a completely different subplot which was changed to the Beth and Celeste subplot in the aired episode)
- LA Conservancy walking tour (more details at the end of this post, I've done the Biltmore one which is excellent)
- Or alternatively, an ML locations walking tour of the downtown area (I've hosted a couple in the past)
- Cap off the day with dinner at the Perch restaurant across the street where we can watch the sun set over Pershing Square (link at the end of this post, I've eaten there a couple times and the food is great and the ambiance is better)

This get-together would be for around 10 people (the max that the loft can seat comfortably). Feel free to pass on this invite to other ML fans you may know. :hug:

LA Conservancy tours are $10 ($5 for members) and depart from Pershing Square:

Art Deco (Sat 10am, 2.5 hours)
https://www.laconservancy.org/events/ar ... lking-tour

Historic Downtown (Sat 10am, 2.5 hours)
https://www.laconservancy.org/events/hi ... lking-tour

Biltmore (Sun 2pm, 1.75 hours)
https://www.laconservancy.org/events/mi ... lking-tour

Perch restaurant (check out the Gallery section for a taste of the views from their patio) :cloud9:
http://www.perchla.com
_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Moonlight anniversary get-together, anyone?

Post by allegrita »

I'm in! :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

This sounds like so much fun. I wish I could make the trip as I'd love to meat up with y'all. But time, distance and money are the enemy here. :sigh:
Please take plenty of pics of your adventures as I'll be living vicariously through y'all. :ghug:

WOW! I love the pics from The Perch Restaurant. From that vantage point I'd almost expect Mick to come out of the FoS and give y'all a wave :howdy:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I so wish I could. It sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, other plans have already been made.

I wish everyone a really good time and I hope to see many pictures!
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

kath40 wrote: WOW! I love the pics from The Perch Restaurant. From that vantage point I'd almost expect Mick to come out of the FoS and give y'all a wave :howdy:
I wish! :teeth: The last time I was at Perch (around two years ago), the people who were living in the penthouse had carpeted the terrace in green astroturf. :gasp: :wtf:

Today I got the security code to enter the Title Guarantee building. I've never been so excited to receive a security code. :snicker:
_____
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

I created a Facebook Event since all of the folks who are going (so far) are on FB. The Event isn't public (I'm heeding the warnings to avoid posting when I'm going away on vacation on social media) so if you'd like to join, shoot me a PM with your Facebook name and I'll send you an invite. :twothumbs:

Here's the banner I made for the Facebook page :teeth:

_____
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

I so wish I'd win the lottery so I could come to this :snicker: It would be a GREAT Birthday weekend celebration, but alas probably won't happen. I wish you and all that are able to attend the greatest of fun. I will be thinking of you all having a wonderful time.

:)

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

OMG! :woohoo: :cheering: :woohoo: Yes totally! Count me in! Where do I sign up?

:celebrate:
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

I should add that for anyone who doesn't have Facebook, I'll still be updating this topic. :blinksmile:

Right now, we have a group of six attending and one or two more may be added to that. :hug:

The date is set for Saturday, September 27. (It's easier for folks to travel on Saturday rather than the actual anniversary day on Sunday.)
_____
LoveBite
Kostan Industries intern

Post by LoveBite »

myimmortal wrote:I created a Facebook Event since all of the folks who are going (so far) are on FB. The Event isn't public (I'm heeding the warnings to avoid posting when I'm going away on vacation on social media) so if you'd like to join, shoot me a PM with your Facebook name and I'll send you an invite.
Hi ... I sent you a PM with my Facebook name.

Thank you,
Carol
aka LoveBite
Carol
~LoveBite
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Thanks Sharon so much for access to the FB page.

The pics of the loft y'all are going to "hang out" in are GORGEOUS! :hearts:

It may not be "Micks" loft, but I could see him enjoying his stay there should the FoS need some minor renovations causing him to seek accommodations two floors below. :brow:
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Ya'll are gonna have a BLAST!! I went on Sharon's ML tour back during the ML Con in 2008 and it was SO much fun! That loft looks amazing! Love when the Moonlighters get together. :twothumbs:
*Christy*

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Wishing you lots of fun! Sadly I can't be there with you. :wave: :kiss:
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

Thanks for all the well wishes. :ghug: Some updates...

Here's the logo design for a goodie bag that guests will receive. What's in the goodie bag is a secret for now. :winky:

The design is based on the Moonlight cast & crew T-shirts that were auctioned on ebay a few years ago:

Here's a tentative schedule so far of the day's activities:
10 AM - Noon
Meal preparation for those who would like to cook their dish in the loft

Noon - 1 PM
Potluck lunch (with dailies)

2 PM - 5 PM
- More dailies (there are a lot of them!)
- "The Mortal Cure" script reading (I got a first draft copy from ebay that has a completely different subplot which was changed to the Beth and Celeste subplot in the aired episode)
- Other fun & games TBA

5 PM - 6 PM
ML locations walking tour of the downtown area (I've hosted a couple in the past)

6:00 PM - whenever
Dinner at Perch restaurant across the street where we can watch the sun set over Pershing Square (sunset will be at 6:43 PM according to timeanddate.com)
_____
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

This sounds just wonderful! :hearts: What a day you will all have. :heart:

I love the logo you've used for the goodie bag, myimmortal -- it's perfect! I'd always hoped to get a crew mug with that logo, but never got lucky. :snicker:

Sadly, I can't fly across the country right now, but I hope you all have a fabulous time. :ghug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist

Return to “Wider Moonlight Community”