M & C appreciation thread 3

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: M & C appreciation thread 3

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

True, Alle. If she had access to it, I would like to think that she would consider giving it to him way back when if for no other reason than to keep him happy. Then again, I don't think him being happy with humanity, as a vamp or human, was a top priority for her. She wanted him to be like her. Period.

I am more open to the idea of them being so utterly different and at completely opposite sides of the vampire spectrum, that their future had an expiration date early on. Her age, vamp wisdom, lack of humanity, deceit at who she was, turning him against his will, none of that helped her cause.

To her credit, as you mentioned, she thought he'd embrace what she loved about being a vamp. I get it, bc she had been that way for soooooooo long, she had no other way to be.
And it set up beautifully for the very human Beth to enter the picture

And now the sky is gonna fall or something bc I've posted twice here!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

While I agree she doesn't get Mick, I believe their relationship will go on forever, in some form.

Not as man and wife... but she is his sire, which would mean something to Mick. And (and this is so Mick) he feels responsible for her, he still loves her (different to in love with her), he has that protector thing, and they simply have that kinda bond that old couples have. Which we saw when she gave him the cure. A cool scene and one of my favorites.

One of the reasons the Final Four (besides losing the noir) did not ring true to me was that he didn't investigate what happened to her. That just isn't Mick, no matter what you think of Cora. In fact, I think she'd continue to be a puzzle and a pain to Beth, if that relationship continued. Sorta like the ex wife you wish your man would stop going to her house to fix the faucet, but he's always gonna go....
To Mick, she's family.

Plus she provided the best dramatic tension for Mick's character. Rattled Mick in the Ringer was too fab. And Lance's whole welcome to the family was a great big juicy story waiting to happen.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

You're welcome, all. :curtsey: (Fleur... :rolling: You and me both, babe!)

Steph's an amazingly perceptive person - she did a ML weekly chat on her blog this summer and it was really great to revisit the show through a totally new group of fans. I loved the things she said - very objective.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

PNWgal wrote:You're welcome, all. :curtsey: (Fleur... :rolling: You and me both, babe!)

Steph's an amazingly perceptive person - she did a ML weekly chat on her blog this summer and it was really great to revisit the show through a totally new group of fans. I loved the things she said - very objective.

Sorry I missed that! Was not on much over the summer... Is it still in her archives?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

It may very well be, Grace. :smooch:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Have we seen this BTS photo before? I don't remember it.

Bookemdanno had it but didn't know the original location.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That's awesome--is it a BTS from the TMC lab? That looks like the headless lab tech vamp in the background, doesn't it?
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

allegrita wrote:That's awesome--is it a BTS from the TMC lab? That looks like the headless lab tech vamp in the background, doesn't it?
From their coats and Mick being vamped, it must be! :yahoo:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I find myself in a Mick and Cora mood. And I blame Fleur for posting that amazing pic of Mick outside the shower. :angel:

Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Question.....
Does anyone think Coraline used the Cure while Mick was 'courting' her??? That perhaps she saw him and wanted to sink the hook deeper by being human???
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Personally, I don't think she did, especially because of what she told him in "The Mortal Cure."
MICK: You once told me you were giving me the greatest gift by turning me.
CORALINE: That was a long time ago, Mick.
MICK: Yeah, but what happened? Why this sudden interest in becoming mortal?
CORALINE: I wanted to feel life again. And maybe love can't exist without mortality.
I think she was implying that she'd been all vamp when she met Mick, and admitting--just a little--that she had made a mistake in turning him. I think she'd been a vampire so long that she had lost touch with what it meant to feel love as mortals do. (On the other hand, while she was on the cure, she totally conspired to burn a woman alive, just to mess with Mick's head! :gasp: So it's important to remember that Coraline was no angel, even as a (temporary) mortal.)

Also, I don't think she could have stolen it from Lance so long ago, without him coming after her.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

allegrita wrote:Personally, I don't think she did, especially because of what she told him in "The Mortal Cure."
MICK: You once told me you were giving me the greatest gift by turning me.
CORALINE: That was a long time ago, Mick.
MICK: Yeah, but what happened? Why this sudden interest in becoming mortal?
CORALINE: I wanted to feel life again. And maybe love can't exist without mortality.
I think she was implying that she'd been all vamp when she met Mick, and admitting--just a little--that she had made a mistake in turning him. I think she'd been a vampire so long that she had lost touch with what it meant to feel love as mortals do. (On the other hand, while she was on the cure, she totally conspired to burn a woman alive, just to mess with Mick's head! :gasp: So it's important to remember that Coraline was no angel, even as a (temporary) mortal.)

Also, I don't think she could have stolen it from Lance so long ago, without him coming after her.
True that.... it was probably a ploy to get back to Mick....yet hiding something small like the cure.....what's 50 years or so in the scheme of Lance's world????
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

:biggrin: Sounds like great material for a fanfic for our talented writers here, if I may say ....

:hearts: :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I love these two pictures, they are a bit like mirror images of one another. :hearts:

Return to “Mick & Coraline Appreciation”