Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C.

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C.

Post by GuardianAngel »

Episode Six: B.C.

Summary: Josef goes to Mick to find a vamp who is also an on again/off again girlfriend. Beth is investigating the death of a model from a new unknown drug. They end up working together to find and destroy the supply of this drug.

Okay, I'm excited - this is my very favorite episode. I'll try not to squee too much. :)

Beth is on an assignment. She's to do a story on a new designer and is at a model shoot.

It's fluff and she's annoyed. Especially when Steve is so focused on the model. Beth refers to the line as outfits only a broomstick can wear.

Mick is awakened by a fist banging the top of his freezer.

It's Josef and he opens the lid to the freezer. Mick is groggy and cranky. Josef tells Mick he's looking for somebody. Mick's in a snarky mood and asks Josef if he expects to find the person in Mick's freezer.

Josef says he needs Mick's help. Mick responds crankily. Josef throws Mick a towel.

And then whips out a watch with a picture in it. He tells Mick it's Delores Maxford Whitaker. Lola to her friends.

Mick takes it and remarks "nice" and asks if she's a vampire.

Josef says "of course" and that she's the oldest one he's ever met. They've had an on again off again thing going for the past 100 yrs or so. She currently in town so it's on again.

But she's disappeared.

Mick laughs. And says that's what Josef gets for dating older women.

Josef says it's better than dating a human.

Mick, disgusted begins to say he and Beth are not dating. But asks Josef what this is about.

Josef says she's vanished. Mick makes fun of him and then asks if he has her phone number. Josef says that she calls him. She's unpredictable. Exciting. Something you value as you hit the 400 yr. mark. (Hmmm. I think Mick values that now).

Mick asks for Josef's cell phone and he hands it over.

Mick wants to get the story straight. This woman has stood Josef up and instead of moving on he becomes worried and heads over to Mick for help.

Mick smiles, knowingly, and asks how much she owes Josef.

Josef gives a small smile and tells Mick to see what he can find out. Josef turns to go but Mick signals to him to close the freezer lid.

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: B.C. (Episode Six)

Post by wpgrace »

Ok, Shallow Grace:

His voice is beyond amazing in this whole ep... I don't know if it's because Holly was on set or what, but the whole timbre of his voice just kills me every time I watch this one... it is reallllllly seductive here.

And this was my first ML ep ever; I channel surfed into it... only I didn't see the whole thing... I came into it just before the seduction scene and I didn't know WHO these peeps were, but I was watching... I was no longer channel surfing on any Friday night at 9...

OK, enough shallow from me... you smart people go ahead and discuss this fine episode...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I think this was an important episode for giving us more insight into Mick and Josef's relationship. They are obviously comfortable with each other (no qualms about nudity or invasion of personal space) but also Josef needs Mick's help here. Josef is embarrassed to have been hoodwinked by Lola and is counting on Mick to deal with his problem. I loved the bookending - from this opening scene, to the closing whisky-soaked discussion about Lola's views on their similarities. Of course there were lots of different topics in between, but this was a great opening.

Lola was set up to be intriguing - and she was - I just wish we'd seen her and Josef together :(.

And Grace, you are so right about the voice.....

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

So BC was your introduction to Moonlight, grace? Oh yeah, I bet your were instantly hooked.

The reasons why I love this freezer room scene between Mick and Josef is because I saw them as much more on an even level. Usually Mick is going to Josef for help or advice, at least as far as we've seen up to this point. Here it's been switched and Mick mouth offs a bit. It makes them more like friends than mentor/apprentice.

Everything about Mick intensifies in this episode.

Okay, I'll shut up now cuz I can go on and on and on.....
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Watching last night, I finally saw that guy vamp's teeth...the one Lola killed who brought in Renee. There had been some discussion about whether he was a human or vamp. You could see his fangs last night as he pleaded "Help me." to Mick. I might be the last person to figure that out, but whatev. LOL

Love the scene with Josef and Mick because, well, there can never be enough Mick and Josef and like GA said, it showed Josef coming to Mick for help this time. Nice change of pace there. It's also cool to see Josef so bummed out when Mick tells him Lola is dead because we just don't see that side of him often, well, until Sleeping Beauty anyway. Heh.

Man, I feel so bad for Josh. Beth is always telling him, "I'm not WITH Mick." everytime she's caught with him. It's really crappy of her to be with Josh physically yet not emotionally. :sigh:

I love that there was a female villian. She's only one of three women we got to see vamp out.
*Christy*

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:So BC was your introduction to Moonlight, grace? Oh yeah, I bet your were instantly hooked.

The reasons why I love this freezer room scene between Mick and Josef is because I saw them as much more on an even level. Usually Mick is going to Josef for help or advice, at least as far as we've seen up to this point. Here it's been switched and Mick mouth offs a bit. It makes them more like friends than mentor/apprentice.

Everything about Mick intensifies in this episode.

Okay, I'll shut up now cuz I can go on and on and on.....

I never missed another ep, GA... I thought it was a Halloween movie when I first flipped thru to CBS... cause there was convo about vamps and it was Halloween week... I did not realize that The Voice was a vamp at first... did not realize it was a weekly show until The Voice said at the end, stay tuned for scenes from the next Moonlight. WIthin half a minute it was season-passed on my tivo.

And yeah, this is so Mick's party in this one... he is at large and in charge of this investigation and he's not letting it screw up either, the Tribe's fate is on the line; Lola has put them at risk. And The Voice is "not gonna let that happen."

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Man, I feel so bad for Josh. Beth is always telling him, "I'm not WITH Mick." everytime she's caught with him. It's really crappy of her to be with Josh physically yet not emotionally.

I love that there was a female villian. She's only one of three women we got to see vamp out.
In her defense, it wasn't intentional on Beth's part to not be there emotionally for Josh. I think she wanted to be. It's just that when Mick came along she was kinda swept up in him. Besides the physical attraction there was the danger element. Beth's an adrenaline junkie and Mick supplied the crack.

Lola was a great character. I was hoping, had the series continued, that she didn't really die and they'd bring her back. She's badass.

grace, you make me laugh. I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to first be introduced to Mick during the seduction scene. I probably would have sprained an ankle getting to my DVR. :rofl2:

For sure, Mick dealt with a lot in this episode and he was all over it! The voice, the expressions (both oral and facial) - divine I tell ya.
nayp
Fledgling

Post by nayp »

I so wish that when Beth came to Mick's apartment are taking the BC, and Beth was seducing Mick, I would have loved to see him just start to vamp out a little. The writers, IMO, made Beth look so beautiful and sexy in this episode, and I don't know how, but Mick even looked hotter, and when Beth knocked at that door, I was thinking Okay, fireworks!
Last edited by nayp on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Love this episode to death. Fever hooked me, this one set me on the ML obsession path. The allure and seductiveness of this episode--from Mick, to Lola to Beth. Loads of sensuality.

And the scenes with Mick and Josef--you hit it on the head, GA. You see Mick being more dominant in this episode. Here he is helping Josef out of a mess of his own making. Prior episodes, it was all Josef warning Mick about exposing the Tribe. This one, all about Josef's mistake in giving in to Lola, and needing Mick to repair his error.

And Mick, so casual and teasing in this episode: with Josef and Beth. He seemed truly comfortable in his skin---and oh, what skin it is.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

This episode is in my top three. Fabulous episode. Not only is there fantastic Mick/Beth interaction but the Mick & Josef scenes are brilliant. You get to see a lot more of their relationship and friendship and Lola made a fantastic baddie. From all the previous episodes she was by far the best although Lee Jay Spaulding was very sinister :yes:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I gotta say, too, that I loved Lola... she is my favorite villain from the series. I loved her sensuality, her exuberance in her power and disdain for humans; I loved how she taunted Mick and kinda looked down upon Beth... "this little thing"... and LOVED the fight scene. When I saw it the first time, I had no idea she was the leeeaaaadddd's girlfriend and of course did not know who the lead was anyway. But they did have chemistry.

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

One other thing about Beth's opening scene - it is an example of her being good at her job. She hates the assignment she's been given but she's still done her homework. They messed around with her character so much that it was nice when they actually wrote her as a competent reporter. It showed Beth at her best.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:One other thing about Beth's opening scene - it is an example of her being good at her job. She hates the assignment she's been given but she's still done her homework. They messed around with her character so much that it was nice when they actually wrote her as a competent reporter. It showed Beth at her best.

Red

I thought that the first few episodes WERE Beth at her best... she was definitely the intrepid reporter for a while there... they started to drop the ball on her later, but in the early ones, she was cool. One could see Mick's interest in her, aside from her being the rescued child.

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Beth was feisty, aggressive, and very independent in those eps.
She went after it, for sure.
And when she may have lost her nerve, there was always that trusty BC to fall back on!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I'm a fan of Beth because of the early episodes. If I'd seen the later episodes first, I wouldn't be as big a fan I don't think. I loved how feisty and independent she was. There was a lot to like and you could see why Mick would be drawn to her. BC was another great episode for showing Beth at her best :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:

Return to “Episode Discussion”