Moonlight List Game

Games, Polls & General Silly-Business
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight List Game

Post by cassysj »

Red I'm dying to see what people have to say for your list. Let's keep with the theme. Beth's favorite movies.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

cassysj wrote:Beth's favorite movies.
1. Running on Empty
2. Out of Africa
3. All the President's Men
4. The China Syndrome
5. The Shop Around the Corner

So, onto Josef...

Next: Josef's 5 favourite movies

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Josef's favorite movies

1. Dracula - to him it is a comedy and tragedy, as he was rooting for the other team.

2. Amadeus - he loves pointing out historical inaccuracies

3. Birth of a nation - same reason as above.

4. Anything with Jean Harlow in it

5. Casablanca - because as much as he tries to deny it, he is really a romantic at heart.

And the next list....Mick's 5 favorite colors
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Mick's favorite colors:

1. Red (obviously)
2. Black (it's perpetually cool)
3. Navy blue (it looks great on Beth)
4. Mauve-ish pink (the color of his coat lining)
5. White (it reminds him of his humanity)

Next... Guillermo's five favorite movies to sleep to.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Well, if he wants a good rest, then it can't be too noisy, too funny or (heaven forbid) a kids' film... :chin:

Maybe he'd like to sleep to the old classics:

1. The Maltese Falcon
2. Citizen Kane
3. Rear Window

Or, for a nice long nap, he might choose
4. Les Vampires -- from 1915, a 10-part silent film serial about a gang of criminals; total run time is 6 1/2 hours (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vampires)

or perhaps, most appropriately,
5. Andy Warhol's "Sleep" which runs for 5 hours and 20 minutes and consists of footage of nothing more than a man sleeping. :snicker:

Next: Five possible professions for Marissa, Beth's "friend"
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

5 possible professions for Marissa:

1. marriage counselor (I don't think she would have a great track record, though...)

2. divorce lawyer (track record might be a bit better)

3. gossip magazine editor

4. party planner (Josh desperately needs one)

5. trophy wife of someone important, rich and available

inspired by PNWgal’s story: 5 songs that Mick and Beth would listen to while in the shower together. :devil:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, man, great idea, francis! :teeth: Here are my guesses:

1. "You Can Leave Your Hat On," by Randy Newman. (That one's for PNWgal, too.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLYFQef7O8
2. A tango. Almost any tango. Here's one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWxcVyBRecE
3. "Singin' in the Rain." :laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME
4. "I've Got You Under My Skin," Frank Sinatra version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1AHec7sfZ8
5. "I Just Wanna Make Love to You," by Etta James. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dRmy4h_IXQ

Ummmm... Beth's five favorite Chinese dishes, other than Kung Pao, (extra spicy).
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Beth's favorite Chinese dishes (besides extra spicy Kung Pao):

1. Dragon and Phoenix
2. Thai Red Curry Chicken
3. Salt and Pepper Shrimp
4. Thousand Year Old Egg
5. That fortune cookie she got saying she was going to meet a dark, mysterious stranger...

Next list: Your favorite songs from the Moonlight soundtrack.

ETA: just to add that Lilly got me thinking about this, and entry 5 was her idea. Credit where credit's due!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Not a "song" -- but far and away my favorite piece of music is "Saving Josh."

For songs, though, I'd say:

1. "Into Dust" - Mazzy Star
2. "All Fall Down" - One Republic
3. "Let It Go" - Fauxliage (this one instantly transports me back to the fall of 2007)
4. "My Immortal" - Evanescence
5. "Bounce with Me" - Kreesha Turner (not very Moonlight-y, but I love the song :teeth: )
6. "Kingdom" - David Gahan

Next list: The six items in Mick's apartment that mean the most to him (not including his jewelry).
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

1. The painting with the helicopters and the lights, and the one in his office with the policeman. He knew the artist, and it reminds him of all the people fighting for the good.
2. The armchair in his reading corner. It belonged to his father and he managed to find it in an auction when his parents’ house was cleaned out.
3. Beth’s file in his filing cabinet.
4. The jumping angels panel upstairs in the hall. They were a gift from Josef when he moved into the loft.
5. The magnifying glasses. Don’t know why, but they are important to me so they must mean something for him.
6. The porcelain dog in the corner that got smashed fighting with Shepard. Reminds him of the fact that vampires can’t have pets.

Next list: 6 cases Beth helped Carl Davis with.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Can I add one more to that list? His footlocker from when he was in the Army. There are so many things inside that touch him... I bet he put the DNA analysis saying Robert's not his son in there, too. It seems to be his box of broken dreams. :Mickangel:

OK, so here's your list of cases Beth helped Carl with:

1. The 710 Freeway Shooter case. (Obviously.) :teeth:
2. She gave him a crucial piece of information regarding a missing persons case in Inglewood, leading to the recovery of not just the missing person, but also his daughter, who had been snatched from her preschool.
3. She tipped him about a hidden bank account that was being used by the HEM. (Mick helped.)
4. She connected two seemingly unrelated child abduction cases, one in Van Nuys and one in Santa Monica, that blew open a kidnapping/extortion ring.
5. She noticed a slip of paper blowing past her feet at the site of the Mar Vista Strangler's latest attack, and tracked him down via a credit card receipt. Passed the info on to Carl and he got a commendation.

And you want six?! Well, I added a sixth one to yours, so that's only fair. Ummmm...

6. She uncovered evidence of a dog-fighting ring in Pomona, and when Carl investigated, he found out that several famous sports figures were involved. (Obviously, they didn't learn a thing from the Michael Vick case.) :snicker:

So next, please give us six pieces of Coraline's jewelry, and where she got them.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

This game got buried... anybody feel like responding to my suggestion, or making one of your own?
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, I'll give it a go. Six pieces of Coraline's jewellry, huh?

1. A tiara she got from a Russian Grand Duke, in the 1880s. Lots of flashy diamonds.

2. A set of ruby earrings she won from Josef, in a chess game, in New York during the Civil War.

3. A suite of sapphires--matching necklace, earrings, ring, and bracelets, that she smuggled out of France during the Revolution.

4. A single, black, baroque pearl. The gentleman who gave it to her said it was a fair representation of her heart--hard, twisted, and dark. They parted, not long afterwards.

5. A large square-cut emerald in a gold ring mounting. It was a gift from her sire, after she was acknowledged by the family.

6. Tucked away in a corner, wrapped in tissue, a tiny, cheap diamond that was the best ring her fiance, Mick St. John, could afford in 1952. From time to time, she pulls it out and slides it on her finger for a few minutes.

A new suggestion...the six funniest moments in Moonlight.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

:bump:

Return to “Moonlight Fun & Games”