Moonlight airing in Italy on satellite

kalua
Freelance freshie

Moonlight airing in Italy on satellite

Post by kalua »

Starting tomorrow, Sep. 19, Moonlight will be aired by the Italian AXN Sci-Fi channel, which is included in the SKY satellite package.
It's its first passage on a satellite channel and AXN promotes it as an "exclusive preview", which is kind of funny for a 5 year old show, but technically true.

My heart missed a beat when I saw the two-page picture (this one http://www.blamethevampire.com/gallery/ ... play_media) that the SKY magazine devoted to the show.

Regardless of a couple of nonsense they wrote in the description (that Mick has lost his soul :gasp: and that he drinks synthetic blood like the True Blood vampires :eyeroll:) I got all excited at the thought of ML being still around after all this time and maybe being discovered by a few new viewers.

And almost in time for the anniversary!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Moonlight airing in Italy on satellite

Post by allegrita »

That is SO AWESOME, kalua!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: What wonderful timing. :cloud9:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

:woohoo:

It's nice to think that Moonlight will still be new to some people.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

This makes me unreasonably happy. :blinksmile: :hearts: :heart: :hug: :happysigh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I don't know how unreasonable your happiness is... :ghug: I bet it makes a bunch of us happy. It's heartwarming that this "little show," this magical, inspirational series, short as it was, is beating the odds against it again and again and again. We aren't crazy for loving it so much. It really is that special! :hearts:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

What fabulous news! :yahoo: :hearts:

Their website has a promo video (with scenes from Mick's interview) in Italian. :biggrin: Very cool! :twothumbs:

http://www.axn.it/shows/moonlight/season/1
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

I don't know why (Fleur, wanna help me out here???), but the thought of Alex dubbing Mick into Italian just turns me into a pile of goo. :melts: :melts: :melts:

I know that's not the case here, but still, can you imagine? :happysigh:

So glad he'll get some Italian love and new fans, I'm sure. :clapping:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
kalua
Freelance freshie

Post by kalua »

I'm glad you share my excitement!

Moonlight already aired in Italy before, but usually late at night. Even though this channel doesn't make big numbers (I guess less a million viewers), this time it will air at 9pm, which is our prime time. :cheering:

The actor that dubbed Mick has one of the best voices, but he didn't really "get" Mick and all the nuances that Alex gave him. Well, noone compares to Alex, as to his voice or anything else!

BTW, an Italian fan got to meet Alex in Hawaii and he told her that he speaks a little Italian, so that rumor is true! If I'd ever have the chance to hear him speak Italian, I think I'd totally melt in a puddle of goo! :melts:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

HotMicks wrote:... but the thought of Alex dubbing Mick into Italian just turns me into a pile of goo. :melts: :melts: :melts:

I know that's not the case here, but still, can you imagine? :happysigh:
kalua wrote:BTW, an Italian fan got to meet Alex in Hawaii and he told her that he speaks a little Italian, so that rumor is true! If I'd ever have the chance to hear him speak Italian, I think I'd totally melt in a puddle of goo! :melts:
:yes: That would be amazing. :hearts: :melts:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

The voice they chose for Mick in the clip does sound a lot like Alex. Good match!

:cheer:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I wonder how many people will realize this is also McGarrett. I love how long it takes people to notice that among Alex's various characters, it's still the same actor. He is such a chameleon. :hearts:

Enjoy the prime time showings, kalua!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)

Return to “100% Moonlight”