Fitting In . PG.

A place for choccyterri's G to PG-13 stories
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Fitting In . PG.

Post by choccyterri »

AN: Welcome to my second little story... :hug: Like lots of people I often play out little scenes from the show in my head... what must they have been thinking? What happened between this point and that point? And sometimes I write it down. I've always loved the scene outside Club Valis. Wow... the change in Beth. So here's my little idea of how things went. And thank you again to Allegrita for wrangling with my tenses. :notworthy: :hearts:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Rating PG

Fitting In

‘It’s all about the look, Beth. This month it’s Hollywood Meets Teen Vamp. Just go with it. You’ll be hot.’

I smiled a little. If only Maureen knew what she was suggesting. But I could hear the smile in her voice. She was loving this. The always-hardheaded news reporter, calling to ask for fashion advice? Priceless. And when she found it was to investigate that new club – Club Valis? She was right behind me. A little bit of red this, a little bit of tight that. Suggestions that made my eyes go wide. Uh-huh. This would definitely be Beth does Hollywood Meets Teen Vamp.
There was that little smile again.

‘Thanks, Maureen. I’ll let you know how it goes.’

Dropping the phone in its holder, I trailed my fingers over the contents of the closet. After my little brush with Club Valis’ hospitality last time? Something told me I’d need to pull out all the stops. And yeah, I guess that in the back of my head I knew that this time, Mick would be there too.
My fingers stopped at the perfect dress. Bingo.

I glanced at the back of my hand, the pinprick of a scar almost invisible now. I hadn’t felt a thing when Mick had inserted the needle, distracted by our talk about the kiss. I know. I know, I started it. But I needed to clear the air. And like he said, it was an accident, that’s all. I guess it won’t happen again.

Plus now there was this new ‘She’ to look out for. I wondered, who was she? What did Mick want from her?

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and slipped the belt in place. Trailed newly buffed fingernails over snugged hips, comfortable in their black, and so soft, second skin. I tilted my head to the side. Who was this woman? Was it who he wanted? I shook my head a little. Stop it, Beth.

Twenty minutes later, I step out of the cab. It only takes a second to register him, standing at the end of the alley. So relaxed. He belongs to the night. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone look more at ease than Mick St. John. Shoulder against the brick wall near the foot of the staircase. If he looks me over, I can’t see it. Then again, why would he look me over? I’m just some crazy journalist searching out a story. Right?

Stepping out onto the street, I check for oncoming traffic, trying to slow my hammering heart as I step carefully, one foot in front of the other. When I see his eyes, I can’t look away.
Think of something smart to say, Beth. Something smart. What comes out is a babble about club admissionable standards. That’s not even a word.

‘Perpetual coolness is the Vampire’s curse,’ he says, and I’m giggling like a teenager. How does he do that?

Okay, business head, Beth. One look back as he turns away… let’s see what this night has in store.

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
RosM
Mortal

Re: Fitting In . PG.

Post by RosM »

You can't leave it there Mrs!!!!
Loved it xxx
Basking in the Moonlight Glow
Thanks to Coco for my banner sigh..
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Nicely done. Beth's thoughts are quite telling. Oh, and Ros is right. :clapping:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

So relaxed. He belongs to the night.
7 words that sum him up perfectly.

Keep writing, Madam....means I can sit back and enjoy the words. :thumbs:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh yes. Confidence is so sexy, and Beth saw him fit right there. She was fitting in, too, but didn't realize it. He was quite smitten with her. I guess he's a leg man. :laugh:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Confidence is sexy, and Beth knows she looks hot as she walks across that street. I love the way you've gotten into her head here. She's such a combination of confident and unsure. It makes total sense to me that she'd go to Maureen for tips. (And you nailed Maureen's voice, too!)

Beth may feel a little out of her element at Club Valis, but hey--she already had that dress, didn't she?! :winky: And yeah, we viewers see the way Mick's eyes move from the shoes, up the legs, up the dress... watching Beth in her tight this and her red that, sashaying across the street. He's definitely smitten, no matter how cool he looks. :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Poor Beth.

Mick may have his 'basic vamp appeal' but she has to work at it.

Seems to have worked, too.:thumbs:

Great story!!!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

I'm very glad you decided to write this down! :hearts: I love the idea of Beth going to Maureen for fashion advice. I think Beth fit in very well with the Club Valis crowd. And this part:
choccyterri wrote:One look back as he turns away… let’s see what this night has in store.
is perfect. :notworthy:

Thank you, choccyterri! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Aww, friends thank you so much for reading, and it makes me SO happy you've enjoyed it. I'm working on something else this week, but hope to post again soon. :flowers: Your comments have all been lovely! Thank you!! :heart:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

One of my favourite scenes told from Beth's POV and you know how much I adore anything from Beth's POV. :biggrin:

More please. :clapping:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:hug: Thank you Coco!! :giggle: I'm workin' on it! :brow:

― Marcus Aurelius.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I had to pop in and reread this wonderful story in honor of your birthday! :flowers: Beth may have felt a bit unsure of her ability to fit in with the Club Valis crowd, but she sure nailed it. What a way to begin what turned into an explosive night! :melts: :melts: :melts:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

choccyterri wrote::ghug: Aww, friends thank you so much for reading, and it makes me SO happy you've enjoyed it. I'm working on something else this week, but hope to post again soon. :flowers: Your comments have all been lovely! Thank you!! :heart:
What an amazing story! Please finish! This is great hearing it from Beth's POV! :twothumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Good heavens! How have I missed this?? :slaphead: Thank you, Alle, for bumping this wonderful gem. :teeth:

Terri, this is absolutely pitch perfect. :notworthy: :heart: Beth is a confident woman, but there's something about Mick St. John that throws her off balance. She can't quite put her finger on it. It goes beyond him being a vampire. There's something more there -- maybe more than she can admit to herself.

LOVE this regarding the kiss...
choccyterri wrote:And like he said, it was an accident, that’s all. I guess it won’t happen again.
Mmmhmmm. :laugh:

And then this...
choccyterri wrote:Think of something smart to say, Beth. Something smart. What comes out is a babble about club admissionable standards. That’s not even a word.
Poor, Beth. :snicker:

You've absolutely nailed her voice and thought process here and it was a delightful look inside her head. :smooch:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I've decided to reread some old favorites, and this one came to mind immediately. You know how much I love Beth... and you truly nailed her in this little story. And Maureen, too! :highfive:

I've always wondered what Beth was thinking when she went home after that incident with the needle and the convo about the kiss... how she decided what to wear, and how she got ready for that oh-so-important date um, meeting with Mick. :winky:

I love your take on this, honey. And yeah, it would be lovely to see more little fill-in-the-blanks stories. :rose:

Return to “choccyterri's Office”