You're Only Crying for Yourself - Mick and Beth

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: You're Only Crying for Yourself - Mick and Beth

Post by Shadow »

Cassy, it is such a joy to know that you're going back looking at these old videos! It's so fun to see them re-surface and it sure brings back some memories! (It's also reminded me that I really need to finish making new download links for all the old videos. This one in particular loses a lot on Youtube.)

Thanks Lucy -- I am SO grateful to whoever was brilliant enough to choose "I Know Who You Could Be" for the end of Click -- I now collect all their songs and have made three Moonlight videos with Butcher Boy songs. "You're Only Crying for Yourself" was my favorite song on their second album and I just had to find a Moonlight way to use it . . .

I'm so glad you liked the shifts from black and white to color, Jenna! I had no idea how to do that when I thought of this video and it took me forever to find a technique to make it fade gradually from one to the other. So it really makes me happy that you mentioned it.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, how cool--I love the way that he comes into focus and full color when she touches him! :hearts:

This one is very complex... I'm going to have to watch it a few times to get all the nuances. But on first viewing, I love the way you've compared his human week with his vampy self... and I find it VERY interesting that, even as Human Mick, without Beth, he was still in black in white, or at the very most, in a sort of fog. You are such an interesting filmmaker. :notworthy:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much, Alle! I'm so, so pleased you picked up on so many of those details even from the Youtube version. Your mention of nuances reminded me of how very hard those are to see on Youtube, and how disappointed I was with that version - which has inspired me to start making a new Rapidshare link for this one! It should be ready pretty soon.

I love that you noticed that human Mick was not presented the same way when he didn't have Beth or was afraid he was losing her -- even on Youtube! Once I have the download link up, where it's so much easier to see the color and texture changes, maybe I'll add (under a spoiler alert) what it was all supposed to mean. :laugh:

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”