Beautiful Dreams- PG

A place for Jen's G to PG-13 stories
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Beautiful Dreams- PG

Post by jenstc2003 »

Beautiful Dreams

Disclaimer- No, I never owned them, though we’ve spent plenty of quality time together.

Notes- Jen- I blame you for this, lol! A little look into Mick/Cora in the early days. Set at their wedding.

*Mick*
What a day. I can’t believe it’s finally here- I’m marrying the woman I’ve waited for all my life. We met at a party- what a cliché, but it is also true. She came on to me like a lion onto a kill, and I was ready to let her have her way in a red hot second. She is the epitome of everything I wanted but was afraid to hope for: beautiful in ways I’d never have imagined, and a total lady-except when she chooses not to be. The case in point? Diving in to the pool and… well… entertaining me the first night we met. I am only a singer, but she doesn’t hold that against me, even though she could. She has enough money to keep us content, so who cares- that’s what she’s told me a hundred times. And she wants me to pursue my dreams, which makes it even better. Eventually, if the band makes it big enough, the pendulum will swing and she can live on my income. That's what I tell myself, though I doubt she'll worry if it never happens.

I’ve never known another woman like her. She is witty- a brilliant party hostess and companion- and smart as a whip. She even likes the devil’s music as much as I do! What is not to love? Sure, she’s a little… untraditional, but she makes me laugh, and isn’t that the most important part of any relationship- making each other happy? And she does make me happy- maybe for the first time in a long time. If she didn’t, I would never be here today.

Standing here a the altar, waiting on her, it’s hard to believe how little time has actually passed since we first met. We’ve spent so much time together that it seems to blur together. Last month, we went out to Santa Monica to spend the evening on the pier and traipsed around all evening, holding hands and talking as we played some of the carnival games, just enjoying the busy crowd and the lively music, then heading down to the beach for a little bit of calm when we wanted that. I’d wrapped a jacket around her shoulders to ward off the night’s chill, and we just walked for hours, talking about our plans. First, we planned out the house we are going to have built not a few miles from my parents’ place- a beautiful little cottage with three bedrooms and a view over the local park. It’ll be a great place to raise a family, which is something she and my parents both agree on. She wants at least a couple of kids and I am going to make sure that happens, no matter what it takes. We talked about getting a dog, though she doesn’t really like the idea as much as I do. I’ll probably lose that fight, but it’s not a big deal.

My parents hated her at first sight, of course, and marrying her? When I told them about that, they would barely speak to me for a week. They’d even threatened not to come to the wedding if we go through with this “craziness”. They would never follow through with that- they’re already here, complete with plastered on smiles- but for them even to threaten such a thing means they mean business. They even suggested I must have been having a bout of my recurring battle fatigue to make such a crazy decision when I told them about our engagement, though God knows I’ve had enough of that to make it a fair concern, at least. She nursed me through one of the worst nights of it that I’ve had in the last couple of years, actually, and I’ve only known one other woman who could help me feel better when it gets really bad. So again, what’s so bad about that? Love, comfort, and obey, right? In sickness and in health? She’s seen it all already and it doesn’t seem to bother her much. Just because we haven’t been together forever doesn’t mean she doesn’t love me for all the right reasons. That’s why I want her in my life forever.

I’ve heard it all in the family’s attempts to convince me that she’s not right for me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard someone ask how much I could know about a woman in only five months. Marrying so quickly is just not a good idea, they continue, and certainly not marrying HER so fast. We don’t know who she is, and what we do know isn’t good. She is a rich bitch, and who knows where that money came from. Maybe her family is into something illegal, or she has a husband already. In the end, it all comes down to her maybe keeping some sort of evil secret, no matter how many reasons they give. I think they’re wrong- after all, we’ve been together virtually non- stop throughout that time. Keeping a huge secret of some kind for that long would be hard, at best. Besides, they would probably be surprised at how well I know her, and more than likely they’d be scandalized if they did. She’s a fabulous lover- not that I’d dare to tell the parents that. Of course, they probably realize that that is part of her charm, and just add that to her list of sins. Of course I WOULD be marrying a slut who will never live up to their expectations- I have always been the dutiful son, so maybe this is my chance to just be myself. I’m certainly not going to leave her just to please them. They just don’t see her the way I do, and they probably never will. She loves me, and would never hurt me, no matter how much my family would like to think otherwise. I only hope she’s ready for the fight.

As I stand at the altar, I see her- a confection in white tulle floating down the aisle on her brother’s arm. How could someone so beautiful be anything but an angel?
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Lucy
Ancient

Re: Beautiful Dreams- PG

Post by Lucy »

Oh, man...I can hear Mick's young mind going a mile a minute.... his life is a convertible ride down the PCH on some sort of adrenaline.

If they had a wedding scene in the show...I could see these vignettes. Think about it...(and you did) for a vampire what is a better place than a home with a park view???

Standing here a the altar, waiting on her, it’s hard to believe how little time has actually passed since we first met.
Whirlwind.... definitely ..... I always wondered if it was 'allure' or just plain infatuation that came over Mick the human......
How could someone so beautiful be anything but an angel?
How many people fall in love with this feeling?? Oh, my.... yes he did FALL!

:clapping: :reading: GREAT treat to find on Saturday night!!!
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Thanks!!! I agree. I suspect their entire time together was an adrenaline ride...and that's probably a part of why he burned out on their life together in the end. Even if he could forgive her for what she did, Mick always seems to me to be the kind of guy who needs a little quiet to be happy, and he'd NEVER have had that with her. Of course, the rest is the fact that the crazy (and that evil side she has) got to be too much for him, as a lovely elder vamp put it so eloquently.
Lucy wrote:Oh, man...I can hear Mick's young mind going a mile a minute.... his life is a convertible ride down the PCH on some sort of adrenaline.

If they had a wedding scene in the show...I could see these vignettes. Think about it...(and you did) for a vampire what is a better place than a home with a park view???

Standing here a the altar, waiting on her, it’s hard to believe how little time has actually passed since we first met.
Whirlwind.... definitely ..... I always wondered if it was 'allure' or just plain infatuation that came over Mick the human......
How could someone so beautiful be anything but an angel?
How many people fall in love with this feeling?? Oh, my.... yes he did FALL!

:clapping: :reading: GREAT treat to find on Saturday night!!!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Awwwww... :Mickangel: Knowing the future sucks sometimes. We know how right Mick's family was about his marriage, but we are as helpless to save him as they were. Poor guy, he had it bad...and so did Coraline. She was so smitten that she would tell him any lie, make any promise it took to win him. Even to the point of promising him a family... and how much did my heart sink at that little tidbit? :gasp:

This is a great picture of a guy who sees himself on the verge of achieving everything he has ever dreamed of... and who is about to get a nightmare instead. :sigh:
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

*nods* Yeah, that is the tough part- hindsight is always 20/20. And yeah, they both were gaga over each other- just... not right for each other. I'm glad you enjoyed!!
allegrita wrote:Awwwww... :Mickangel: Knowing the future sucks sometimes. We know how right Mick's family was about his marriage, but we are as helpless to save him as they were. Poor guy, he had it bad...and so did Coraline. She was so smitten that she would tell him any lie, make any promise it took to win him. Even to the point of promising him a family... and how much did my heart sink at that little tidbit? :gasp:

This is a great picture of a guy who sees himself on the verge of achieving everything he has ever dreamed of... and who is about to get a nightmare instead. :sigh:
Jen

Mick's Synful One
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Jen

This was wonderful.

Poor Mick--so dazzled by Coraline, so enchanted by his own dreams of marriage and family and so captivated by her sexually that he didn't have to ability to think straight. When they walked down to the beach for some quiet time, did it occur to Coraline to tell him what she was? Did she ever think of giving him the choice of joining her willingly? May have made this a very different story.

That last line about her walking to the altar on her brother's arm...

Josef???

We know that Mick had never met Lance before he showed up at Mick's place looking for her but she also has a lot of other brothers, too.

Fabulous little bombshell you dropped there.

Thank you!!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Thank you for the inspiration!! And yes, she could have made this something so much better if she'd just told him the truth, rather than keeping her secret. Of course, who knows how he'd have reacted even then... And I was thinking of one of her younger brothers, lol. Not Lance- too obvious. Of course, she might have been lying and he wasn't a brother in all, lol.
jen wrote:Jen

This was wonderful.

Poor Mick--so dazzled by Coraline, so enchanted by his own dreams of marriage and family and so captivated by her sexually that he didn't have to ability to think straight. When they walked down to the beach for some quiet time, did it occur to Coraline to tell him what she was? Did she ever think of giving him the choice of joining her willingly? May have made this a very different story.

That last line about her walking to the altar on her brother's arm...

Josef???

We know that Mick had never met Lance before he showed up at Mick's place looking for her but she also has a lot of other brothers, too.

Fabulous little bombshell you dropped there.

Thank you!!!

Jenna

Jen

Mick's Synful One
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Coraline?

Lie, at her own wedding??? Wearing that dress and pledging to love, honor, and cherish?????

Yep. That would fit. She may have wised up later (hopefully) but at the wedding she was thinking along the lines of 'kill, Turn and perennially mess with his head'.

Fabulous job!!! Thank you!!!

Jenna

Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

LOL! I know what you mean... her? LIE? Never... and boy did she live to pay the price.
jen wrote:Coraline?

Lie, at her own wedding??? Wearing that dress and pledging to love, honor, and cherish?????

Yep. That would fit. She may have wised up later (hopefully) but at the wedding she was thinking along the lines of 'kill, Turn and perennially mess with his head'.

Fabulous job!!! Thank you!!!

Jenna

Jen

Mick's Synful One
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

What a great look at Mick's thoughts! :clapping: He was blinded by Coraline's appearance, distracted by her personality, and tricked by her promises. :Mickangel: The last line says it all:
jenstc2003 wrote:How could someone so beautiful be anything but an angel?
:notworthy:

Nicely done! Thank you, Jen! :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Thanks!! I'm sure he often wondered what he was thinking when he stood up there- this just seemed to be the logical conclusion.
Marigold wrote:What a great look at Mick's thoughts! :clapping: He was blinded by Coraline's appearance, distracted by her personality, and tricked by her promises. :Mickangel: The last line says it all:
jenstc2003 wrote:How could someone so beautiful be anything but an angel?
:notworthy:

Nicely done! Thank you, Jen! :rose:
Jen

Mick's Synful One
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Painful like watching a trainwreck. She lied to him from the beginning, making him hope of having a family while knowing perfectly right that it would never be. What brother was at the wedding I wonder, as Lance surely didn't approve of him as a vampire he wouldn't approve of a marriage either. Maybe she just paid someone to pretend to be her brother.
What a beautiful dream Mick had, but it was all wrong. So sorry for him.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Isn't it though? I have often wished we could have gone back and slapped him before he married her, but then we wouldn't have had our Mick as we knew him.
francis wrote:Painful like watching a trainwreck. She lied to him from the beginning, making him hope of having a family while knowing perfectly right that it would never be. What brother was at the wedding I wonder, as Lance surely didn't approve of him as a vampire he wouldn't approve of a marriage either. Maybe she just paid someone to pretend to be her brother.
What a beautiful dream Mick had, but it was all wrong. So sorry for him.
Jen

Mick's Synful One

Return to “Jenstc2003's Office”