Reflections - Challenge 111 (PG) 12/12/09

A place for Darkstarrising's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Reflections - Challenge 111 (PG) 12/12/09

Post by cassysj »

Revisiting old challenges and this one rings so true. The rhythmic rocking would bring her comfort. I believe our bodies have memories and she would have found small comfort while her baby was missing going through the motions her mother would have used to comfort her as a child. Now with Beth back she is still comforting herself.

You really captured a devastated mother perfectly
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Reflections - Challenge 111 (PG) 12/12/09

Post by darkstarrising »

cassysj wrote:Revisiting old challenges and this one rings so true. The rhythmic rocking would bring her comfort. I believe our bodies have memories and she would have found small comfort while her baby was missing going through the motions her mother would have used to comfort her as a child. Now with Beth back she is still comforting herself.

You really captured a devastated mother perfectly
Thanks, Carol :hug: This is one of those moments where maternal instinct takes over. Now that her child is back, Beth's mother is holding onto her for dear life, rocking back and forth to give each of them comfort. While the child sleeps in her arms, the mother stays awake, in part to protect, in part to reflect on the cost of getting her daughter back.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!

Return to “Darkstarrising's Office”