ML Locations: Episode 4 - Fever

moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Re: ML Locations: Episode 4 - Fever

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Holy cow, Lilly! You've just been rockin' this haven't you?? :teeth: Awesome pics and info :thumbs: Google Earth sure is handy...
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that you found the alley and Jack Toland's house. Incredible! You are dedicated and amazing. Google Earth is a great tool but you got to know where to look! I always assumed the alley was on the WB lot.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

moonlight_vixen wrote:Holy cow, Lilly! You've just been rockin' this haven't you?? :teeth: Awesome pics and info :thumbs: Google Earth sure is handy...
Thanks, M_V. I love doing this. And, yes, Google Earth is amazing -- and just a bit scary when you think about it. :gasp:
helloeeze wrote:I'm absolutely gobsmacked that you found the alley and Jack Toland's house. Incredible! You are dedicated and amazing. Google Earth is a great tool but you got to know where to look! I always assumed the alley was on the WB lot.
I thought the alley was on the backlot too, helloeeze, but I couldn't find a match. I really have to give props to MyImmortal on that. I thought of keying on that tall office building that can be seen when Mick looks out the safe house window. It looked so familiar to me, but I couldn't place it anywhere. It turns out it wasn't far from the hotel we stayed in while we were in LA. I just never made the connection. MyImmortal's idea of researching the graffiti was sheer brilliance. :notworthy:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Thanks for these. I went by them on my recent trip. The alley has been painted and there is not as much graffiti but you can still recognize it. Of course it looks much smaller in person. It's on Cosmo Street near Hollywood Boulevard about seven blocks or so from Grauman's Chinese theatre and the Highland Avenue. Of course, the dumpster that Mick was standing next to is not there.

And, yes, it's a short drive to Jack Toland's house, which looks exactly the same as it did when it was filmed and the white fence that Mick and Beth were standing at is actually right across the street from Jack Toland's house.

Here is the alley now.
If this is messing up the continuity of this thread, feel free to remove but here it is now.

Jack Toland's house aka 1933 Carmel Street, Hollywood, Ca

This is the spot where Mick and Beth stood during the "Delicate Flower" exchange!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

helloeeze - Thank you so much for posting these! :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

Ever since Moonlight I keep seeing the motel on tv / in the cinema!! Germany's Next Top Model did a photoshoot there a few episodes ago and 'My Name is Kahn' shot a scene there too. (I think I squealed in the cinema yesterday).

I am always happy to recognise it because I saw it first in ML :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Tam - I feel exactly the same way. :hug: It's kind of like these are Moonlight's special places and any other show is just "borrowing" them. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

Yes! Yesterday in the cinema, as Sahruhk Khan was hiking through the desert, I thought "hey, that looks like Mick's desert". And then I told myself "please, there are surely more spots in the USA where they could have filmed this...it's not the only place with sand!" And low and behold, they reached the motel :snicker: It was Mick's desert after all! :yahoo:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

OK. This is the weakest reason that I've ever put something on my netflix save list. "Because it was shot where Fever was shot".

By the way, was it a good movie? :snicker: :snicker: Maybe you could describe on the movie thread>
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I've just updated the first post with info about Amir Fayed's house. This is one location I had almost given up on, but thanks to a link from r1015bill I was able to get some info on the house.

The website, http://www.itsfilmedthere.com, listed only an address, but a quick search led me to the San Gabriel/Pomona Valley American Red Cross. This building is their chapter house and is often leased out for film shoots and special events such as weddings.

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Woohoo!!! Thanks for all your hard work!! :yahoo:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

...And just in time for tonight's showing of "Fever"!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Just wanted to mention that there's a current commercial--for the Toyota Corolla--that was filmed at the Four Aces Motel. You can see the sign at the beginning, very briefly. It ends with a fiery explosion...
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Cool!!

Is there a helicopter involved? Image
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Alas, no. Nor is there a long-legged vamp hanging out by his Mercedes, waiting for the bus... :Mickangel:

Return to “Moonlight Locations”