Fevered (Mick, PG-13)

susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Fevered (Mick, PG-13)

Post by susieb »

This feels like perfection to me. When Beth tells him Leni is in the other room and fine... the expression on Mick's face... he clearly is flashing back on this exact hallucination. Fabulous! :hearts:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks, susieb! I always thought he was very confused, because of his condition at that point. And it was clearly shown he was having hallucinations. So this seemed logical!

It's always so pleasing to see older stories commented on!

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This makes perfect sense.

Mick can't tell what is real from imaginary at this moment. The top of the ffod chain doesn't look so invincable at that particular moment.

An instant later, Beth would rush into the room and she won't let her guardian angel die.

Sometimes even guardian angels need to be saved.

Thanks!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks, jen...and I think one of the things we always found so captivating about Moonlight was the fact that Beth saved Mick almost as often as he saved her!

Lucky
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Whew - what a perfect title for this story. Short as this is, Mick's pain here is almost unbearable. And really, that's just got to be what was going through his head -- he did seem to truly think he had bitten Leni until Beth reassured him otherwise. The line about the roach, crawling through sticky liquid, gave me the shivers. Of course Mick would wonder if that was a pool of Leni's blood ... and of course he'd be afraid to look. I may not ever watch that scene again in quite the same way ....
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Ah, Shadow, now that's praise indeed.

I do recall extended discussions elsewhere over whether the "I bit her, I'll die before I feed on her" line referred to his hallucination of biting Leni, or the one of biting Beth. There are reasonable thoughts for it to be either of them.

Anyway...I thought you might find this one interesting!

Lucky
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Lucky, you did a fabulous job of writing from Mick's point of view.

Mick was in terrible shape in this scene, both physically and mentally. It would have been awful for him to not know what was real and what he had imagined.
If I turned my head, I'm pretty sure I'd see her body lying in a pool of blood.

And then what? Roll out of the tub and start licking the last of her lifeblood off these filthy tiles?
What fantastic imagery! :notworthy: Mick is absolutely desperate for blood by this point.

Thank you! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

Glad to see this pop back up on Active Topics!

Mick is caught up in a world similar to the one we all have experienced when waking from an unusually vivid dream. For a few seconds, while the emotions of the dream echo in our heads while seeing the four walls of our bedrooms safety surrounding us, we may wonder which one is real. Except in Mick's case, it is a nightmare and he isn't waking up--at least not yet.

Hang in there, Sweetie. Beth is coming...

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks for the comment on this, Jenna, and sorry I'm so slow in responding. As it happens, I'm spending the next few nights in the same hotel where I wrote this piece, two years ago....and it seemed apropos to me to bump it!

Lucky

Return to “Mick and Beth”