All About Mick, #29

Locked Mick St. John threads can be found here
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

All About Mick, #29

Post by allegrita »

Let's start this off the way Moonlight itself began... with the Interview. :melts: :melts: :melts:

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: All About Mick, #29

Post by francis »

I never thought it possible to fall in love with hair, until it happened at exactly that point. :hearts:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

There are a lot of things about the Interview sequence that I love: Mick's flirtiness and charm, the way he wears a suit, his wry smile, the hair... oh yeah, the hair... :melts: :happysigh: the voice... :melts: :melts: :melts:

But the thing that continually astounds me is the impossible length of his eyelashes, and the way they catch the light in those profile pics. I swear, I'm not a shallow person, but the profile pics simply stop my heart, they are so devastatingly beautiful. :thud:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

francis wrote:I never thought it possible to fall in love with hair, until it happened at exactly that point. :hearts:
and those insanely long luxurious lashes Image lit beautifully against a black background :thud: Image

Oh and one more thing....the way he moves his lips when he talks...a little flert with the tongue...intentional or not...OMG! :thud: :thud: Image
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

The profile of perfection. I remember watching that interview and by the time it was over, I knew I was gonna be in love with this man and this show.

Yes, his beauty is astounding---I mean, look at that profile. We could spend pages just dissecting parts of his face. The lashes, the hair (OMG, how I fell hard for that hair), the sideburns, the slight cleft in his chin and look at the smile lines! No one does a crooked smile better. The eyes themselves warrant their own thread! The colors changing depending on what he wore.

But above all that? He played off his looks with his demeanor. It's one thing to look beautiful but quite another to know what to do with that beauty. His style of speech, expressive eyes and even his walk were as much of the character he played as his hair and clothing. He was Mick through and through.

Thanks Alle for giving me a glimpse back in time, where it all began. :hearts:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Just came from the previous thread!! What a finish! I just want to say... :melts: :melts: :melts:
Thanks,Kath! :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

That gorgeous guy in the suit giving the interview in the pilot episode is why I came back for a second look.

THIS is when I fell in love with Mick...

He had me at "Please don't look at me". :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, this banner I made long ago kinda says it all, I guess... :winky:

kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

I agree with you PNWgal I was so glued to Mick and what was happening to him I didn't realize at the time how hooked I was.
Not only was I hooked!...I was gutted, dipped in cornmeal and fried that very night! :laugh:

I couldn't believe Beth was gonna find out his secret so fast. I was just as frighted as Mick. I remember barely breathing and didn't realize it until Mick said "I'm a Vampire" then BOOM! Fade to black!
I literally gasped! :gasp:
OMG! I couldn't believe when I asked family and friends if they had seen the show and not a one said yes :dizzy: :wtf:
I didn't have a computer at the time so I had no one to share with what I had just seen. Nor did I have any idea there was a whole fledgling Moonlight community out there to talk with. :witsend:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Alle.... :cloud9:

LOL...kath, Mr. PNW and I weren't going to give this one another look, but I try to give the new shows at least three times. I definitely sat up a little straighter when the 80's flashback scene happened, but I don't think I took a breath during that whole ending scene.

And that's when I had to find out more about the guy that played the vampire...Alex something-or-other... :teeth:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Mmmmm... BC was my first ep... specifically when he opens the door for Some Chick (Beth as it turned out) in the red coat and is so adorably casual and then so adorably... not casual about it. :biggrin:

I had no idea WTH I was watching or who the guy was. But, cuuuuuuute as he was, it was his Voice that brought me back the next week.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

PNWgal wrote:That gorgeous guy in the suit giving the interview in the pilot episode is why I came back for a second look.

THIS is when I fell in love with Mick...

He had me at "Please don't look at me". :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:
Yep that did it for me too .... I was hooked and didn't stop watching until I realized I had sat all day in my pj's with no food and lots of coffee and watched 16 episodes of Moonlight.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

And even before that amazing scene, there was so much wonderfulness in that episode...

HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Okaaaay, you're gonna force me to go home tonight and watch all these episodes, in order... again! :snicker:

Lovely stroll through nostalgia today, thanks Alle :hug: , but this one is just all kinds of beautiful:
allegrita wrote:Let's start this off the way Moonlight itself began... with the Interview. :melts: :melts: :melts:

I too love the eyelashes in this scene, Alle, but that dimple is just adorable! :melts: One of my favorite Mick smiles.

And I have to say, whoever art directed this scene has my eternal gratitude for the hours and hours of pleasure it's brought me. The black on black with the spotlight was just brilliant. What an introduction! :notworthy:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

I love Moonlight. :heart: I love Mick St. John. :heart: :heart: And I love you, my fellow Moonlightaholics! :hearts:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.

Return to “The Mick St. John Archives”