The MLA Gallery now has indexes!

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

The MLA Gallery now has indexes!

Post by Lilly »

I'm thrilled to announce that our MLA Gallery just got even more user-friendly. :teeth:

Thanks to efforts of the amazing and generous HotMicks :hearts: , our Gallery now has an index included in every episode album. :yahoo: :woohoo: Image

HotMicks painstakingly went through each album Image and catalogued the screencaps by page and scene. :type: The resulting index charts are now available in PDF format and can be viewed online or conveniently printed.

The index can be found as the first file in each album in the Gallery and will be clearly labeled. When you click on the index thumbnail, you'll be brought to the "filmstrip" page, as you would when clicking any ordinary individual image. Clicking again will then open the PDF in another browser tab if you're using Firefox, Chrome or IE8. Mac users may find that the PDF is handled differently, but HotMicks was able to find a Firefox plug-in that helped with that.

Note to Chrome users: You will find six icons at the bottom right of your screen for adjusting the size of the text, and for printing or saving the PDF. If you don't see these immediately, just move your cursor over the area to make them visible.

If you have any issues or questions, please post them here and we'll do our best to help. :blinksmile:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: The MLA Gallery now has indexes!

Post by francis »

:cheer: :hyper2: :woohoo: That's super! I can't imagine how much work and dedication that took. Only reward: Looking at Moonlight pics. Well, on the other hand... :tomato:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Amazing and hard work , HotMicks!!!Thank you so very much! :hearts: :hearts: :smooch:
Oh and also :clapping: :clapping:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

HotMicks deserves an ENORMOUS round of applause for her work in producing these.

And, let us not forget Lilly for her work in putting the gallery, and now the indexes, online.

Cheers, please!

Hip HIP HOORAY!!
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: For our Lilly, too!!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks, ladies. I appreciate the sentiment. :rose: Honestly, though, HotMicks is the one who made this added bonus possible. She did all the hard work. :notworthy: I just integrated the files into the Gallery.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Damn HM :notworthy:

You're not only witty, smart and talented. But you can do crazy computer techno $h!t, too??

Did you ever know that you're my heeeeeeeeeeero?
:hearts:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

OMG OMG OMG! :hyper2: :hyper2: I can't tell you how excited I am to have these indexes available! :yahoo:

Thank you so much, dear wonderful HotMicks, for the incredible amount of work you've done to create these beautiful and easy-to-use indexes. :hug: :hearts: :rose: They are going to be so helpful! :teeth: And Lilly, thank you for everything you do to keep our wonderful Gallery running so smoothly and to make it better and better. (And that's in addition to everything you do for our forum!) :smooch:

I'm very grateful to both of you!! :ghug: :heart: :champs: :champs:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

What never ceases to boggle my mind about this site, is that even after all this time, we constantly are finding new treasures to add. New fic to read, new pictures to dream over, new information about our wonderful show (and all the talents associated with it...), and new ways to organize and access the information.

MLA, and all its wonderful members, ROCKS.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Lucky
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

:notworthy: :notworthy: HM.

I may never leave the Gallery. :snicker:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

This is absolutely FABULOUS!!! Thank you so much Hot Micks!!! :smooch:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Thank you so much, HotMicks and Lilly! :notworthy: :rose: :heart: :clapping: :flowers: :cheer:

Gone are the days of randomly flipping through page after page! :twothumbs:

I'm on a Mac, and everything works perfectly! I tried both Safari and Firefox. :yahoo:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Marigold - thanks so much for the Mac feedback. :hug: I'm so glad it's working! :phew:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

:flowers: You're all very welcome... may they bring you hours and hours of photo enjoyment! :teeth:

(and yes, francis, it was so hard :winky: to 'slog' thru all those lovely stills... :mdrama: :snicker: )

:hug: I do want to give a shout out to Lunalux for the idea and inspiration. :bulb: I've used her MLF indices, and it's obviously where I got the idea to index the MLA gallery.

:thumbs: One other thing... there's a reason I included locations and more details, including many of the props we seem to fixate on. :blushing: Not sure about the browsers, but many PDF viewers (Acrobat, Preview, etc.) will allow you to search the PDFs. Use the "find" command in the edit menu, and you can search for "iPhone" or "two monks" or "buzzwire" or "Carl" or .... :chin: :snicker:

That's one of the reasons those details are in the PDFs... since I always seem to be searching for a specific pic and can never find it. :whistle:

So anyway, thanks to Alle & the mods for okaying this little project, and thanks to Lilly for walking me through the technical issues and posting them all! :smooch:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:hug: :smooch: :heart: :thanks:

I don't know how to say it better. You rock, honey. :rose: :hearts:

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”