Let's Talk About Mick

BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Let's Talk About Mick

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

You know you want to, it's not just me. Although I am a newly turned Moonlight fan and still have the blood lust.

I would like you to tell me what you think.

When did Mick fall in love with Beth?

Why did Mick so easily full under Coraline's spell in both Ringer & FdL? Habit, lust, love or just one frustrated vampire.

Thanks for indulging me :smooch:
Lucy
Ancient

Re: Let's Talk About Mick

Post by Lucy »

BlueEyedMonster wrote:You know you want to, it's not just me. Although I am a newly turned Moonlight fan and still have the blood lust.

I would like you to tell me what you think.

When did Mick fall in love with Beth?

Why did Mick so easily full under Coraline's spell in both Ringer & FdL? Habit, lust, love or just one frustrated vampire.

Thanks for indulging me :smooch:
FOR ME.......
When there is a captivating "ex" with the particulars that existed between Mick and Coraline.... of course the thrill that he didn't actually kill her infused Mick with the idea that perhaps this time around it could work. The happiness on his face when he saw her in the shower was mesmerizing.....

I think as much as he "loved" Beth within the timeline of the show he wasn't ready at this point to drop his guard for any human...he wanted Beth to have the best and as much as it hurt...it meant the other guy (Josh).

He wanted humanity for himself because he hated what he was.... it took him all the way to Sonata to realized he could admit he loved Beth.

but other than the complicated stuff.....I'd take him any old day - he is the only man without facial hair that I have ever fallen for.....
jen
Cleaner

Re: Let's Talk About Mick

Post by jen »

Mick's feelings for Beth are complex and multilayered (isn't everything in Moonlight?).

To me, when he saved the four year old child from Coraline's latest ploy to add an eternal child to their 'family' he did more than (he thought) kill a woman who had taken his life and in a sense himself away from him on their wedding night. He reclaimed the role of the white knight, the rescuer rather than the monster in the dark and he liked himself again. Much has been written about the trust of the child and how that profoundly touched him. He watched over her, kept her safe and became the invisible guardian angel that shielded her from harm [there are a lot of stories there, I think].

As Beth grows up, Mick keeps on eye on her and her mother while rebuilding his life and identity into something he was more comfortable with. He is making his own choices now and you have to credit Josef Kostan for watching out for Coraline's misfit new Turn. When he saw her in her first live webcast from the fountain, he had already seen Beth Turner as an adult and been drawn by new feelings. The moment they spoke, face to face, the die was cast. There were both drawn to each other so strongly, nothing could keep them apart.

They are definitely in each other's blood.

Hope I haven't just rambled on without coming to the point. I can tend to do that sometimes.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Mick St. John”