When did Beth know she loved Mick?

BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

When did Beth know she loved Mick?

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Hope this is an OK topic. Since I am new to this place and pretty new to Moonlight fandom I wanted to start some discussions with similar minded people and stop making my RL friends cray (until I share my DVD's and make them obsessed like me).

The Question: When did Beth know she loved Mick?

From NSTAV she was fascinated by him because he was so familiar. IMHO Beth knew she had strong feelings for Mick in Fever by the time AD comes around her attraction is palpable. Sensing his reluctance to make any move she kisses him. She continued to be in a relationship with Josh and flirt with Mick, I think we see what Beth really feels in BC. I agree Beth in the shower telling Mick to turn me was just TV speak for what she was really asking.

I am a Beth/Mick girl but I really wanted to slap her in Sleeping Beauty when Mick finally makes a move and she runs back to Josh. Did she do it because of Sara or because of what she thought was going on with Mick and Coraline. Maybe she was just scared and went back to what she knew was safe?

Can we talk?
Lucy
Ancient

Re: When did Beth know she loved Mick?

Post by Lucy »

BlueEyedMonster wrote:Hope this is an OK topic. Since I am new to this place and pretty new to Moonlight fandom I wanted to start some discussions with similar minded people and stop making my RL friends cray (until I share my DVD's and make them obsessed like me).

The Question: When did Beth know she loved Mick?

From NSTAV she was fascinated by him because he was so familiar. IMHO Beth knew she had strong feelings for Mick in Fever by the time AD comes around her attraction is palpable. Sensing his reluctance to make any move she kisses him. She continued to be in a relationship with Josh and flirt with Mick, I think we see what Beth really feels in BC. I agree Beth in the shower telling Mick to turn me was just TV speak for what she was really asking.

I am a Beth/Mick girl but I really wanted to slap her in Sleeping Beauty when Mick finally makes a move and she runs back to Josh. Did she do it because of Sara or because of what she thought was going on with Mick and Coraline. Maybe she was just scared and went back to what she knew was safe?

Can we talk?
YOU betcha we can talk!!!! :woohoo: I have notebooks of unpublished Mick/Beth from when I stood bored at work yet I do love Coraline because she GAVE US MICK. :angel: If not for Coraline there would be no Mick for Beth to love. Heckuva Matchmaker, huh??? :slaphead:

BC is when the rubber meets the road for me. :heart: She had been busting along with this new guy (Mick) in her life who seemed to be so FAMILIAR. Josh is lovely and he would be a great catch. :2eyes: ..but once she meets Mick Josh is just Vanilla Pudding next to CREME BRULEE.

Sleeping Beauty has been a BIG debating point between my sister and me.... :noway:

:slaphead: I was ready to send Beth a smackogram for leaving Mick at the cab. HOWEVER, never having dated a vampire (even in college) I do believe Sarah's situation was dumbfounding and at 27 years old or so it would be a ton to accept. :comfort2:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Fever when she thought she lost him in the explosion.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I think she definitely realized she had feelings for Mick at Fever...and she knew she loved him by the time of LLF. But it's hard to pinpoint it in between those two points.

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

I totally agree that Beth was fasinated and attracted to the enigmatic figure who looked so familiar. She was drawn by a near gravitational force and didn't understand it then. Of course, we know that she was responding to a half forgotten memory and perhaps a bit of the basic vamp allure that Mick alluded to in one of his voiceovers, but we were never told that Beth was alerted to the factor in the show.

In OOTP, the attraction continued and she responded to it by killing someone who threatened his life. She probably would have done this for anyone, but here she did it for Mick. She took another step toward Mick and away from Josh. In Dr. Feelgood, she was fascinated by the fact that vampires were real and was growing closer to Mick but it was in Fever at the moment that she thought that Mick had been killed that it hit her. She was clearly emotionally rocked to her core but held it together until she was alone. She fell apart and sobbed. IMHO, had she been emotionally closer to Josh at that point, she would have gone to him for comfort. The fact that she went away from Josh here is very significant. Also, look at her reaction when she sat on the sofa, drained after her emotional firestorm had abated and the call came from Leni. She grabbed onto it like a lifeline, grabbed her keys and ran. She didn't call Josh.

Once she got to the motel, the intensity and focus of her scene with Mick in the bathtub with the tofu ice cubes was very powerful. I don't think we ever saw that level of intensity from Sophia anywhere else. She was not thinking about Josh, Leni, or anything else. Just saving Mick.

There would be steps back to Josh and steps toward Mick but even though Beth may not fully realize the depth of her feelings yet, they were there.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth.

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I totally agree with you, jen. Fever was when it hit her. I think in B.C. it was more the sexual attraction that hit her, being on the drug. She denied it later, being ashamed of herself. I personally think it was the balcony scene in 12:04, when she knew he was her guardian angel all along, that she truly felt the emotional side, the protectiveness towards him. But as he didn't let her in, she stood back again. Later in New York she got scared again, she hadn't thought of the vampire side of things. In FtP and onwards she made a conscious effort to win him over, date him, reassure him. She was trying to take it as normal and slow as possible. Only when in Sonata she got scared again she realized that it was all or nothing. When he came back after her freak-out and confessed his love, she was ready to go all in.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Well if Beth waited 4 eps to fall in love with Mick, she was exactly 3 eps behind me. :whistle:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

:rolling: Me too, grace, but I didn't have Josh to think about. :teeth:
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

:rolling: Grace and Francis you girls but I totally agree from the moment Mick looked directly at the camera at the end of the interview in NSTAV I was lost...

Now as for Beth, I agree she finally realised she felt something more than a woman's lust in Fever and in AD she tested the waters and then took it to the next step with BC as for the moment she fell IN love I think we're talking, weirdly enough, in 12:04. In between the Donovan madness, her discovering her file and then taking it to Mick on the balcony. She knew she felt love for him and wanted him to move with her or at least find out where he was?
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

francis wrote: I personally think it was the balcony scene in 12:04, when she knew he was her guardian angel all along, that she truly felt the emotional side, the protectiveness towards him.
Your whole post was spot on, francis, but this part I COMPLETELY agree with. I think that's when Beth realized she was in it all the way. Finding out Mick was her guardian angel was like the last missing piece for her - like this was the last secret Mick had when it came to her. In Fever, I think she had that visceral reaction to save him - he was dying and he needed her, so she was there for him. With B.C. came the lust, but by the balcony, all those parts came together as a whole.

She didn't hesitate to go with Mick to New York, but I think seeing Sarah made the whole vampire thing real to her. It wasn't all perpetual coolness and sexy vampire jumping things, it was the possibility of a Turn gone wrong - and she was the one who was going to walk away at the end, but Mick came through. :cloud9:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I tend to agree. By the balcony in 12:04, that was past attraction, or lust.
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

I agree on that balcony Beth let all the pieces fall into place. Of course Mr. difficult, dangerous, and complicated walks away (again).

What I love most about Beth is her tenacity. She takes charge, kissing Mick first, telling him she knows about him saving her, and in FtP she confronted his deepest fear and lays it out for him to see. Both Josef and Beth told him he was afraid of being hurt. For the first time we see Mick act on impulse, yet he still asks for more time.

For me the beauty of Sonata is that when Beth finally gives up Mick mans up, swallows his fear and makes his declaration of love.
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

BlueEyedMonster wrote:I agree on that balcony Beth let all the pieces fall into place. Of course Mr. difficult, dangerous, and complicated walks away (again).

What I love most about Beth is her tenacity. She takes charge, kissing Mick first, telling him she knows about him saving her, and in FtP she confronted his deepest fear and lays it out for him to see. Both Josef and Beth told him he was afraid of being hurt. For the first time we see Mick act on impulse, yet he still asks for more time.

For me the beauty of Sonata is that when Beth finally gives up Mick mans up, swallows his fear and makes his declaration of love.
ALL that was missing from last scene was Beth saying, I love you too, before falling into Mick's arms
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

:melts:

Totally with all of you who watched that scene wth Mick sitting on the floor and begging Beth not to look at him. Then again, I was halfway there with those lovely voiceovers.

Monster? Him? No way. Absolutely no way.

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Great question for a thread BEM.

It was Fever for me. I think Beth came to realize she loved Mick when she thought he was dead. Her shock and grief and her lashing out at Josh brought her true feelings to the forefront. She didn't attempt to find comfort in Joshes arms having just lost a "friend" but went home and broke down as she gave in to her grief over the loss of Mick. Then she rushed to Micks side when Leni called. Seeing him alive she couldn't lose him again so she overcame her fear of "The Vampire" and let him drink from her. She had to save this man she... yes...."loved." It was a very intimate moment that neither one of them planed that would unite them forever.

Then when Beth was back at home with Josh you could tell she had already lost her heart to Mick. The way she reacted when Josh kissed her wrist in the exact same spot Mick had drank from. She even seemed to humor Josh with a little nervous smile when he echoed her exact words to Mick earlier that day "we make a good team" knowing she was thinking of Mick as he said it. Then the look on her face as we fade to Mick sitting at the FOS contemplating the events of the day. Beth even went over to his place to see how he was and placed her cheek on the door when he didn't answer. I think she could feel him just as much as he could through that door....it was more then just the exchange of blood flowing through his vanes...it was the love in their hearts.
Last edited by kath40 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Beth Turner”