When you hear Moonlight Music

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: When you hear Moonlight Music

Post by Lilly »

coco wrote:I Doesn't work somehow...... :sigh:
I know. :comfort2: And that pairing seems especially disconcerting. :?
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I think the worst pairing I've heard, was "Love Remains the Same" --for "The Biggest Loser."

Lately, I've heard "Mercy" being used for a couple of different things, most notably Samsung appliances.

Lucky
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

ML music is following me!!!

Went into an Applebee's for dinner out with the peeps and what do I hear?....
"how to lose a life" I start melting and wanting everyone in the place to shush! :happysigh: After all, that music is special! :teeth:

ahhhhhhh.... good stuff!
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I was watching the tennis last night and an advert came on for some computer game (Game of Fear or some such rubbish) and the music was Into Dust by Mazzy Star (from the end of Fever). It always stops me cold. It's one of the songs from the ML soundtrack that I play regularly - I just adore it.

It reminds me of another time I heard it. When I went to see Whiteout in the cinema, there was a Virgin Media advert - a long one - that used this song. It caught me unawares and I just started crying, rather uncontrollably. Thankfully it was, you know, Whiteout, so there was only one man and a dog in the cinema to witness my little meltdown. Anyway, I recovered myself and sat through the film, and on the drive home, in my head I wrote Into Dust. It's without doubt the saddest ML story I've ever written, and also one of the few that pretty much wrote itself.

I guess it was the combination of the music and seeing Alex in his first post-ML role, but on that evening it all joined in a morass of missing Mick - and realising he really was never coming back (on screen anyway).

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I just saw the same game ad tonight... and it depressed me utterly. :Mickangel: Thank you for the link to your story, which makes me sad but doesn't depress me. It's a much more reasonable use of the concept.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Dontcha just hate it when they put great music on trashy products?

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

redwinter101 wrote:I was watching the tennis last night and an advert came on for some computer game (Game of Fear or some such rubbish) and the music was Into Dust by Mazzy Star (from the end of Fever). It always stops me cold. It's one of the songs from the ML soundtrack that I play regularly - I just adore it.

It reminds me of another time I heard it. When I went to see Whiteout in the cinema, there was a Virgin Media advert - a long one - that used this song. It caught me unawares and I just started crying, rather uncontrollably. Thankfully it was, you know, Whiteout, so there was only one man and a dog in the cinema to witness my little meltdown. Anyway, I recovered myself and sat through the film, and on the drive home, in my head I wrote Into Dust. It's without doubt the saddest ML story I've ever written, and also one of the few that pretty much wrote itself.

I guess it was the combination of the music and seeing Alex in his first post-ML role, but on that evening it all joined in a morass of missing Mick - and realising he really was never coming back (on screen anyway).

Red
I commented on this ad on page 1 when I first heard it. It's, for me, one of the worst music/products combinations I've seen. I'm sure it's in large part because of my love for this song and it's meaning to Moonlight but it made me :sigh: out loud when I heard it.

Moonlight used so many fabulous songs in it's soundtrack that I guess we may come across more of these in the future. :noway:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh, I'm sorry, honey - I hadn't seen that.

But yeah, it was a nasty ad.

Red

MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Yeah,

Into Dust by Mazzy Star is one of "those" songs. It stops me cold every time and I have a hard time breathing.
I have it on my iPod and I have to be really careful when I listen to it, arriving somewhere in tears isn't a good thing.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

And I was watching tv in one room, and thought I heard "Into Dust" on a tv in another room. It drew me out, immediately...and turned out to be the end of an ep of House. I had to stand there, close my eyes, and see Mick and Beth leaning against opposite sides of the door of the FoS.

:hankie:

Lucky
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

coco wrote:
Lilly wrote:Oh, coco, I can absolutely relate. :hug: All my great ideas come in the car, though. :snicker:
:giggle: I'll have to start carrying a note book with me and jot the ideas down. :wink:
Not if you're driving though, coco. :noway: Use your phone to record thoughts - most record now.

I hear Mercy all over lately. It's bittersweet.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Last night I was in the grocery store, and "Calling You" by Blue October came on the PA. I almost started crying! And yes, it made me feel like an idiot... but that's such a bittersweet song, I couldn't help it. There are a few Moonlight songs that create intense emotional responses in me. And this one makes me feel so, so sad for Josh. :hankie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JKOnYh6snc
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Moonlight had so many wonderful songs. Sometimes when I hear one of them, it does make me misty-eyed, and reminds me again how much I still miss the show.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Right now they use "Turn to Dust" on a video game commercial....it couldn't be more UN-Moonlight!

I hear the sound and I yearn for images of the FOS, Mick and Beth........ :sadface:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Lucy wrote:Right now they use "Turn to Dust" on a video game commercial....it couldn't be more UN-Moonlight!

I hear the sound and I yearn for images of the FOS, Mick and Beth........ :sadface:
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

ITA, Lucy - coco and I were complaining about this very ad earlier in the thread. It's just wrong.

Red

Return to “Moonlight Music”