When you hear Moonlight Music

MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

When you hear Moonlight Music

Post by MoonShadow »

I instantly think of the scene and episode begins to run through my head.

Today, Hungry Like a Wolf, by Duran Duran came on the radio of my car. It was everything I could do to keep driving and not diving for my Ipod
to play the episode. Thankfully, no traffic officers were about since I cranked up the volume, started humming along and imagined a red sheen on the hood of my car. :laugh:
I did keep an eye open for the grey ghost (perfect title Lily).

mmmmmm.....
Moonlight music made my morning. :laugh:
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: When you hear Moonlight Music

Post by allegrita »

It always improves my day when I hear a song from the Moonlight soundtrack. And sometimes it brings me goodies. One day I was in a store, looking for something, and I didn't find what I wanted... so I was about to leave, and a Moonlight song came on the PA. I stayed in the store to listen to the song, and found a perfect travel purse, for cheap! :thumbs:

One thing that bugs me, though, is when I hear Moonlight music advertising another show. "Mercy" has been used more than once to advertise other TV shows, and it always grates. :madface: It's just wrong, darn it.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I know, right? I hate that!!
It's like they STOLE it!
Our show was so far ahead of the curve, ambience-wise, that I swear I think other art directors just lift things...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I'm ok with most of the music, as it usually brings fond memories of the show....the one exception is "Love Remains the Same". Can't help it, I just start to cry :hankie: :hankie:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

darkstarrising wrote:I'm ok with most of the music, as it usually brings fond memories of the show....the one exception is "Love Remains the Same". Can't help it, I just start to cry :hankie: :hankie:
While I don't cry, I do have a profound sense of sadness that something has ended too soon. Sigh...
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

It always lifts my mood. :smile: I can't help but have the scenes play back in my head. I often have great ideas for vids while listening to the lyrics while I walk. I never remember it when I get home though. :sigh:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Oh, coco, I can absolutely relate. :hug: All my great ideas come in the car, though. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Lilly wrote:Oh, coco, I can absolutely relate. :hug: All my great ideas come in the car, though. :snicker:
:giggle: I'll have to start carrying a note book with me and jot the ideas down. :wink:

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:twothumbs: Great idea! Especially if it means we get more videos. :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

I so agree with the annoying "stole that" feeling. ergh... and it's so surprising the emotional rush I get from hearing these songs.
They really did understand the power of well written, strong music as well as thoughtfully placed classics.

oh how I miss that "little show".
:happysigh:
Banner by Lilly

Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

Love Remains The Same really does me in big time. I hear Moonlight music on other shows and that's just wrong. I lose my perspective in grocery and department stores when I hear any of the songs cause I'm transported back to the episode. :sigh: :sigh:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

The songs that were played on Moonlight will forever be Moonlight music to us, but the rest of the world doesn't get it. So rent th DVD's already and catch a clue, people!

Those songs added to the ambiance of the show and benefitted from the ambiance created by the series in general.

There are a couple of songs that are not my favs, but that will always be true. For the most part they were absolutely wonderful. There has been music closely associated with TV shows forever, but...well, only Moonlight is Moonlight.

Just sayin'
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

allegrita wrote:It always improves my day when I hear a song from the Moonlight soundtrack. And sometimes it brings me goodies. One day I was in a store, looking for something, and I didn't find what I wanted... so I was about to leave, and a Moonlight song came on the PA. I stayed in the store to listen to the song, and found a perfect travel purse, for cheap! :thumbs:

One thing that bugs me, though, is when I hear Moonlight music advertising another show. "Mercy" has been used more than once to advertise other TV shows, and it always grates. :madface: It's just wrong, darn it.

I feel so good I am not alone...... when they advertised Nights in Rodanthe and then the song (Love Remains the Same) wasn't even in the movie I thought it was a cheap shot to corral the ML audience.

There are days when I hear 3 or 4 of the songs on the MUZAK at work and it just flutters my heart.....
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

I love that bouncy fluttery feeling... :teeth:
I know exactly what you mean.

If I happen to hear them in the department stores I have a tendency to wander off to the slinky dress sections and dream a bit... :happysigh:
Banner by Lilly

Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I heard Into Dust play in the background of my TV and instantly thought of the wonderful ML scene. When I looked up it was an ad for Gears of War for Xbox. I find it odd when I hear songs I associate with ML on TV for something else. Doesn't work somehow...... :sigh:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr

Return to “Moonlight Music”