A thank you to all writers and readers

Come in, relax, and read.
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

A thank you to all writers and readers

Post by starbucksjunkie »

Dear fellow ML fanfic writers and fellow readers,

I just wanted to say thank you for all you have given me over the past year and a half.

Over the years, I have spent a good deal of money on writing classes, workshops, books, and a good deal of time with "writing partners." But all the classes, workshops, lectures, books, and partners I have ever had combined have not taught me a fraction of what I have learned from all of you, writers and readers. Maybe it's because we are comparing apples to apples here. We all write about the same group of characters in the same narrative universe whose basic assumptions we all share and occasionally tweak. Who knows?

Writers, I read and learn about character motivation, building and resolution of conflict, word choice, pacing, dialogue, and the list goes on. I have learned a great deal from my kind but exacting betas, and I have learned from betaing the work of others.

Readers, you continue to analyze, process and respond in intelligent and sensitive ways to our work, and I learn much from you, too.

Mods, I put this here rather than in the workshop forum to be sure that readers saw it as well as writers, but please move it to where it needs to be.

Again, I cannot say THANK YOU enough to my wonderful Moonlight family! :ghug:

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: A thank you to all writers and readers

Post by redwinter101 »

sbj, as an avid reader of your work, I can only add my vicarious thanks to all those who have helped you to keep producing such marvellous, touching, beautiful, powerful work. You bless us all with your talent.

As a writer, I think I can safely say that you speak for me, and I'm sure many others here.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

SBJ, I agree. This is like a fun, informative writing class, and better than some I have paid for. :thanks:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

As a reader, you are very welcome.

As a writer, my sentiments exactly.
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Well, it's easy....'cause we love you and your stuff....
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

sbj as a reader it's an absolute pleasure to read your stories. Your stories are always amazing and I so appreciate you sharing them with us :hug:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

sbj~~truly, it is my pleasure. Your beautiful writing strikes such a chord--you are a true talent.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

sbj,

Thank you for sharing your exquisite writing talents with us! :rose:

Love ya,
mitzie
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Beautifully put, sbj. I never, in a million years, would have seen myself writing anything. I have learned a lot about writing and about myself along the way. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. As a reader, I've had many hours of enjoyment. Some of the writers here are better than writers I have paid to read. It's almost too good to be true. :) And you are right up there at the top, sbj. I always feel like I've been gifted when you share your talent.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

sbj,

I'll echo the sentiments expressed by others and add one more. Even in a 'thank you', your words eloquent.

As a reader, I'm amazed by how you draw me into the story you're telling, allowing me to see, hear and feel all you write. It is, in the true meaning of the word, a sensual experience.

As a writer, I can only add my own humble thanks to those that have inspired, guided and encouraged along the way. We are all, each of us different in how we write and what we strive to convey. Sometimes, we're serious, other times silly. But all are sincere in their efforts to entertain.

thank you for all you have shared with us and may you continue to enjoy your gift for many years to come!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh honey... it is OUR pleasure... Your stuff is well worth the wait and well worth the time to read and comment... and then some. In fact, pins and needles and waiting to see what happens next!!! You can DO that to people!!!! That is such a gift!

Those of you who write this wonderfully? You make my day, every day.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
toesofasupermodel
Freelance freshie

Post by toesofasupermodel »

starbucksjunkie wrote:Dear fellow ML fanfic writers and fellow readers,

I just wanted to say thank you for all you have given me over the past year and a half.

Over the years, I have spent a good deal of money on writing classes, workshops, books, and a good deal of time with "writing partners." But all the classes, workshops, lectures, books, and partners I have ever had combined have not taught me a fraction of what I have learned from all of you, writers and readers. Maybe it's because we are comparing apples to apples here. We all write about the same group of characters in the same narrative universe whose basic assumptions we all share and occasionally tweak. Who knows?

Writers, I read and learn about character motivation, building and resolution of conflict, word choice, pacing, dialogue, and the list goes on. I have learned a great deal from my kind but exacting betas, and I have learned from betaing the work of others.

Readers, you continue to analyze, process and respond in intelligent and sensitive ways to our work, and I learn much from you, too.

Mods, I put this here rather than in the workshop forum to be sure that readers saw it as well as writers, but please move it to where it needs to be.

Again, I cannot say THANK YOU enough to my wonderful Moonlight family! :ghug:
This is quite lovely...thanx SBJ for all the great stuff you've brought here and everywhere....I have enjoyed it very much :thanks: ....and all the superbe support that you've given me over the past year too with my writing! :cheer:

toes :heart:
:heart: (merci, deux fois)
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Post by janicevictoria »

SBJ, Thank you for your heart felt message. It truly is a pleasure to read your writing and have you share your amazing talent with us here. :hug:

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

SBJ-- as a writer, in many ways I hold your stuff up as a standard; and as a reader, I wait eagerly for new updates. Is there any greater goal for a writer? (Well, yeah--the Pulitzer prize, but uh, we write fanfic.)

Your writing is better than most of the stuff I buy bound between covers at the bookstore. What is it about Moonlight that brought out this kind of creativity in so many people?! I'll never understand it, but I appreciate it more than I can say.

In the long run, it's all about celebrating these characters we love so much, preserving this world that we still want to inhabit. I feel very lucky to be among people who write so well in this world, and readers who are so very appreciative of the efforts of us writers.

Thanks for creating this thread. And thanks for writing. Thanks very, very much. :hearts:
Raven
Fledgling

Post by Raven »

SBJ, your sweet message is beautiful and...oh, if I could only convey how much your work has given me all those things that happen to a human being when every emotion is engaged and one is truly happy to be alive.
Please continue to be inspired by Moonlight. The gift of its continuance is in the minds and hearts of writers such as yourself, absorbed and treasured in the minds and hearts of readers, like me.
Thank you! :hug:
(here's a pat for your muse)
Thank you TugaFanatic for my brilliant avi.
Thank you moonnoir for my wonderful banner.

Return to “The Library”