Relocation PG-13

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Relocation PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I wrote this a while ago for Guess The Author on 6 degrees of AOL. I added a little more to it.

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

Mick had spent the last twenty-four hours driving around Los Angeles. He would park occasionally to reminisce.

Beth was giving him his space. She couldn’t imagine how hard it was to leave a city you’ve lived in for a hundred years. She’d been a vampire for the last ten years and while she enjoyed helping Mick on his cases she wanted to start a new career of her own. They needed to relocate for her to do that. She promised Mick they could come back to California in thirty or forty years when everyone she ever met was dead.

Mick drove past Josef’s old mansion; it had changed celebrity hands at least five times since he left. The latest Enquirer breakup probably meant it would be up for sale again. Josef had relocated to London ten years ago right after Beth’s successful turning. He was already planning his next move. Mick missed his friend terribly. Josef had left before, in the fifties and the nineties but only for three or four years. This time Mick wasn’t sure if he was ever coming back home. Josef had successfully turned his ex-model freshie girlfriend. They were the literal definition of the “beautiful people”. He didn’t want to risk anyone recognizing her so he was avoiding America not just California.

The next stop was by the morgue to say goodbye to Carlos. He liked Carlos but he was certainly no Guillermo. G had moved to Puerto Rico five years ago.

He drove fifteen minutes to Logan’s old house. Logan had moved to New York a year ago. Besides himself Logan was the last person he thought would ever leave LA. He had called him out of the blue and said it was time to go. As Han Solo said “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Three days after he left, his house was struck by lightning in a freak storm and completely destroyed. There was construction going on now but it would never again be Logan’s place where they played Guitar Hero and worked together on cases for decades.

Just before sunrise he walked into the apartment he and Beth had shared for twelve years.

She kissed him. “How are you?”

“I’ll be okay.” He said softly

“Are you sure? Maybe we could stay in California. Sacramento, San Francisco?

“No Beth. It’s time to move on and you let me pick the place.”

Beth giggled “I know you like warm weather but I never thought we’d live in Hawaii.”

Mick smiled “I just have a feeling, I’ll be able to find work there.”
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Relocation PG-13

Post by maggatha3 »

Geez, Carol , the whole world as we knew it is gone...whatever is left in LA to remind us of our favourite vampire tribe members, now that they have scattered around the planet..? It was a beautiful story, the vampires' long lifelines never cease to amaze me ...Choise,choise, choise!!
:rolling: Mick chose Hawaii?? Really?? :snicker:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh this is wonderfully nostalgic. They are moving on, together. :hug: :hearts:
Hawaii - that's a great idea. Maybe not good for a vampire with that much sun. He might like to work with a certain special unit. He could take the night shift. :laugh:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Hawaii...

Who knew?

Major adjustments, major changes.

Maybe he could find an identity to step into and assume. Someone that Mick resembled, and that resemblance could be enhanced by hairstyle, workhout, and a few changes in mannerisms.

Interesting idea. The tropics are a surprise. All that sun. Maybe Kostan Industries has quietly made some sort of discovery of a new type of vampire sunscreen.

Fabulous story!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Cassy, I really like this. Mick indulging in nostalgia for what's past, and realizing that all the things he's been holding on to are gone... so there's really nothing keeping him there but memories. Los Angeles is a city that doesn't hang onto the past much... and now Mick can let go of his past as well, and move on to a new life with Beth.

Hawaii is an interesting choice, I must say. Maybe he and Beth can open a shave ice stand. :rolling:

Return to “cassysj's Office”