All About Mick, #27

Locked Mick St. John threads can be found here
jen
Cleaner

Re: All About Mick, #27

Post by jen »

Gorgeous pictures. Makes me happy! :melts: :melts: :melts:

I totally agree with what Kath said! I have often thought the same thing. It is like Mick struck a chord in Alex. Of course, Mick as we saw him was a combination of the broad character sketch made by Trevor Manson and the writers fleshed out and brought to life through Alex' skill as an actor, but I got the feeling that Alex really liked Mick and enjoyed playing him. Mick became one of those perfect examples when the end result is superior to the sum of the parts that make it up.

Josef, too, but that's another thread.

:melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

jen wrote:Of course, Mick as we saw him was a combination of the broad character sketch made by Trevor Manson and the writers fleshed out and brought to life through Alex' skill as an actor
Well, that's hardly complimentary to Trevor (whose name is spelled Munson, by the way). Trevor and Ron Koslow were the creators of Mick St. John, and up through the middle of episode 12 they were heavily involved in the show, from writing through production. Yes, there is no denying that Alex embodied Mick in a way that still amazes me. But Mick would never have existed if not for Trevor and Ron. Alex would have never had the opportunity to play him.

:champs: So here's to Trevor, Ron, Jill, Ethan, Kyra, Sal Perez, Alfred Sole, and all the other wonderful behind-the-scenes people who worked to create that wonderful world where Mick lived... and still lives. :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Absolutely no slight against Trevor intended (and I know it is Munson, that was my talent for typos surfacing again)!!

I'm aware that Trevor created Mick Angel and that Mick St. John was based on Mick Angel. To any and all who had a hand in the creation of Moonlight

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I didn't mean to snap at you. :hug: I just think Trevor deserves a huge amount of thanks for what he did. In addition to being the co-creator, he was one of the writers. He and Ron co-wrote the pilot, and the first episode, and Sleeping Beauty, and parts of many other early episodes. :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Don't worry about it, Alle. I work with lawyers. If I were sensitive, I'd be dead :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:coffee: :hug:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

It was Ron or Trevor I don't remember which one who said they knew Alex was their Mick the moment they saw and talked to him and they still had two more weeks of auditions yet to go through.
Call it destiny but Alex was ment to bring Mick off the pages and bring him to life on our TV's and to leave his mark on our hearts and in our memories. To live on forever never aging on our DVD's and in fanfic. Alex is Mick and Mick is Alex they are a one in the same beautiful fantasy to me. :hearts: I will joyfully follow Alex into what ever new characters he finds himself beautifully crafting to life but there will always be a part of him that is and always will be Mick St John my beautiful Vampire.

And I have many beautiful pics to prove it.

jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

kath40 wrote:It was Ron or Trevor I don't remember which one who said they knew Alex was their Mick the moment they saw and talked to him and they still had two more weeks of auditions yet to go through.
Call it destiny but Alex was ment to bring Mick off the pages and bring him to life on our TV's and to leave his mark on our hearts and in our memories. To live on forever never aging on our DVD's and in fanfic. Alex is Mick and Mick is Alex they are a one in the same beautiful fantasy to me. :hearts: I will joyfully follow Alex into what ever new characters he finds himself beautifully crafting to life but there will always be a part of him that is and always will be Mick St John my beautiful Vampire.
Amen!
kath40 wrote:And I have many beautiful pics to prove it.
And I am ever so grateful for it. Please keep posting and reposting them so this thread is always near the top of the active topics. There can never be enough Mick! :giggle:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

If you insist... :whistle:

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I'm so glad someone insisted.
Cute jackets, huh? :hearts:

(I guess wpgrace is contagious!) :laugh:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:giggle: You are welcome to share my quirky little obsession, Sweetie. :hearts:

Just to add to the acknowledgments tho... Lord KNOWS I take nothing away from Alex. He played Mick as, literally, no one else EVER could. And I follow him now, because of that talent. And am loving McG... A. Lot. :melts:

But aside from the creators, some props for the magnificence that was Mick must also go to those who put him INTO those cute little jackets and henleys and bat coats. And to those who shot those scenes pictured here. The creative team was amazing. Alex has rarely looked so beautiful, and no, it wasn't just the hair. :laugh:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Although... the hair was reallllly amazing. :hearts:

maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

allegrita wrote:Although... the hair was reallllly amazing. :hearts:

Amazing doesn't even begin to describe it.... :melts: :melts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Aye men.

What was so exceptional about Mick? So captivating, charming and downright enchanting?

Every blessed thing down to the last strand of hair (including the eyelashes, of course).

Everything from the heart and soul of the character to the voice (ah, that voice), to the looks, the clothes, the style.

Every. Blessed. Thing.

From time to time, we all encounter a character that will fascinate us, generally a facet of the portrayal, or the actor, or the writing.

With Mick it was the whole package. :melts: :melts: :melts: Even over two years later.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I have a coworker with that kind of hair, but the rest of the person doesn't live up to it in the looks department. :snicker: He's super nice, though.

Mick was one of a kind. They don't bake this kind of man twice. (Oh. Some hawaiian navy officer is said to have a similar physique, but I think it's only a rumor.)

:heart: :hug: Thank you for the pics. :flowers:

Return to “The Mick St. John Archives”