Moonlight on SyFy - next marathon November 10, 2011

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Moonlight on SyFy - next marathon June 29, 2011

Post by allegrita »

Sigh... I'm envious of those who can watch them today. I love a Moonlight marathon. :happysigh: :happysigh:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

There is another one coming up on July 19th

Jul 19 09:00 AM Moonlight No Such Thing As Vampires
Jul 19 10:00 AM Moonlight Out Of The Past
Jul 19 11:00 AM Moonlight Dr. Feelgood
Jul 19 12:00 PM Moonlight Fever
Jul 19 01:00 PM Moonlight Arrested Development
Jul 19 02:00 PM Moonlight B.c.
Jul 19 03:00 PM Moonlight The Ringer

:biggrin:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

The thing that seems nice about the marathon coming up in July, unless they change the order, is that it starts from the beginning. Maybe after today - or maybe now since I assume it is over - a Mod can change the title to reflect the next marathon on July 19. That seems really close.

Because I had other commitments I couldn't watch today's marathon but while I love having these marathons on, and I assume the viewership SyFy gets justifies having them periodically, I just wish they would have picked up Moonlight as a series with new first run episodes three years ago when we were all busy writing them.

While I realize basic cable (and I assume SyFy falls into that category) can't afford the type of shows as are on the networks, I find it amazing that a number of people (and they aren't all actors) have received more publicity being on a basic cable show than Alex seems to receive on a network. But maybe he wants it that way. I'm thinking of people on some of these reality shows that always seems to be in the tabloids. Like the Kardashians (or however they spell their name) seems to be mentioned more than Alex. Maybe he doesn't need that kind of publicity but it does help in getting known.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Moonlight on SyFy - next marathon July 19, 2011

Post by allegrita »

I feel confident in saying that the type of publicity given people by the tabloids and by tabloid-style reality TV shows such as "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" is the antithesis of what Alex wants. He has said many, many times that he doesn't want to be famous. He wants to be respected as an artist. He is being pretty careful about choosing roles that interest him and that will get him noticed, for the right reasons (mostly), and will give him a chance to advance in his field.

Fame for fame's sake wouldn't make Alex happy. I think that he would happily go back to being able to walk down the street unrecognized, and I don't blame him one bit.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I think that he would happily go back to being able to walk down the street unrecognized, and I don't blame him one bit.
Given the calibre of some of his fans, I don't doubt that for a nanosecond, Alle.

As for cable not giving an actor as much exposure as network television...I daresay guys like Matt Bomer and Timothy Olyphant would disagree.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

I think Alex has found a nice happy medium living in Hawaii rather then Tinseltown. He's in a very successful TV show that has gotten him noticed and allows him to make a good living doing what he loves. He is living in a place where not everyone you meet is "in the biz" so he can have some normalcy after work or on the weekends to just be himself and enjoy life. Our man is happy and that makes me happy. :ysmile:

As far as getting his name out there as much as I hate to admit it whenever I would mention Moonlight and Alex people were like WHO? I had to turn into "fan-girl" trying to explain what they were missing and hope they didn't have an aversion to Vampires :roll: But now when I say the new H5-0 they immediately know about the "new" 5-0 and "like it" and know who I'm talking about....they may not know Alex by name but they do know WHO I'm taking about when I say "Alex is the New Steve McGarrett" :teeth:

And to let you know if they have no aversions to Vampires I do tell them about Moonlight and where they can catch the marathons...after all Moonlight is immortal and continues to turn them at first bite. :brow:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

And speaking of the marathons, I hope the next one really is still set for Tuesday. I'm jealous of those of you who can watch it... unfortunately, I have to work. :sigh:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh snap! I might actually be home a little on Tuesday!
I can watch it while I clean... :laugh:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
OnceBitTwiceShy
Freelance freshie

Post by OnceBitTwiceShy »

I may have to do laundry that day. A lot of laundry. And it may take a long time to sort and fold and put things away. And maybe some filing. Anything that can be done in front of a TV where you are still watching, but you look like you are busy!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Sounds like a wonderfully clever plan! :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

I have scheduled a vacation day to watch the marathon and have a lot of housework scheduled to do while sitting in front of the TV.

These marathons give me a chance to refresh my charmed-by-all-things Moonlight and catch up on some housework, too.

I call it restorative multitasking

:biggrin:

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

A lovely term! :thumbs:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I checked the schedule about a half hour ago and assuming Verizon FIOS is caught up, the Marathon is still listed as a go for Wednesday.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Um...I thought it was scheduled for July 19 and isn't that Tuesday?
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks, MLS. Time Warner Cable also lists the first 7 episodes airing on July 19 starting at 9am.

(The 19th is Tuesday, though, not Wednesday. )
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist

Return to “100% Moonlight”