Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 3: Dr. Feelgood

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Re: Dr. Feelgood (Episode Three)

Post by GuardianAngel »

You're right, FdL. I don't think our rewatching of that scene will turn too many heads on this board. LOL.

A woman arrives home and is shocked at the state her garage is in.

She looks around and finds her husband (our newbie vamp) sitting in the refrigerater.

She's a little worried. Ya think?! When asked, he says it felt good to sit in the frig. She tell's him it will be alright - that he's just stressed. Uhuh. She has NO idea.

They head into the house.

Later that night.....

Mick and Beth go for a drive. They are waiting to hear something about First and Main. Beth is eating chips and offers Mick one. She says there is no garlic. He laughs. He could eat chips with garic. If he ate.

They discuss what it means to be a vampire. She asks if he can fly. He answers 'yes'. Just kidding.

Beth wants to know how old he actually is. He tells her he was Turned when he was thirty but he will be 85 yrs old.

Beth gets a message on her iPhone about a car being towed from First and Main. It belonged to a Jeffrey Pollack.

They head to Pollack's address.

When they arrive it's dark and quiet. Mick apparently asked Beth to wait in the car again. She doesn't and reminds him how well that worked last time.

Following the scent of blood, they find Pollack's dead wife.

They go searching for some clue of where Pollack would have went. They find his office. Beth sees a wedding photo of Pollack and his wife. She's horrified that he killed his own wife. Mick is suspiciously quiet.

Beth starts to ask him questions about his life before becoming a vampire. He tells her he had to give up his family because he was a danger to them. And, yes, he was married. Mick tells her his wife was dead. Beth says she's sorry. Mick mumbles that, no, she's not. Hahahaha, I love those little zingers. Mick finds that Pollack is a doctor at a local hospital.

There's a noise. Mick tells Beth to stay put. Twice.

Mick finds the intruder in the living room. It's Gerald Stovsky.

Stovsky thought about it and would like to show his new vamp the ropes. He'd never been able to sire before and he wants to take advantage now.

Mick says it's too late - Pollack is ferral. He's already killed and will only get worse. Stovsky doesn't want to listen. He stakes Mick.

And he leaves. Beth hears the door and she comes looking for Mick. Thank the Lord. Mick can't move but manages to tell Beth to pull the stake out.

She's worried. He doesn't look too good. He tells her it's okay, he heals fast. They need to get to the hospital.

bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I liked Alex in this scene. I thought he did the whole 'staked vampire thing' really well. :cheering:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Yes, blue. He acted his sweet little a*s off in that scene. From being paralyzed, to being in pain, to being weak and then recovering from it. He was great.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I agree Blue. It was both funny and endearing.

Jeffrey Pollack finds the hospital to be a virtual candy store for vampires. There is blood everywhere!

He roams the halls, looking in on patients who are having blood tests done, IVs. And then, there's Stovsky who shows up to try and 'train' his young ward.

But Pollack doesn't want to listen. He attacks Stovsky and continues on. Stovsky runs into Mick and Beth and tells them that Stovsky is a madman. Uh, madvamp.

Mick tries to talk Pollack into remembering that he was just recently human and he does not need to kill in order to feed.

Again, Pollack doesn't want to hear it. He's a vampire! Top of the food chain. He intends to enjoy himself. Pollack takes off and Mick is in hot pursuit.

Meanwhile, Stovsky runs into some people who have been waiting for him.

Mick catches up with Pollack and they fight.

Mick stakes him and Pollack whines, promising that he'll be good. Mick tells him it's too late.

Beth finds Mick as he's wheeling Pollack on a gurney. She wants to know what Mick is going to do with him.

Mick's going to do what he must - and get rid of Pollack. He doesn't want Beth involved. To the incinerator with Pollack.

Later on, Josef joins Mick at his place for a little 'pick me up'. He gets a kick out of Pollack being incinerated. He tells Mick he would have done the same thing, except he would have enjoyed it.

Mick's not laughing. They speak of Coraline, Mick's wife and sire. Josef thinks Mick has been carrying her memory around long enough.

It's time to let her go. Mick agrees. But, apparently, easier said than done.

Next morning, Mick goes to see Beth. Mick is ready to tell her how he became a vampire.

He tells her how it was his wife who Turned him on his wedding night.

Also, Beth had questioned earlier if Mick trusted her. Mick tells her that she's the first human he has ever shared any of this with. So, yeah, he trusts her.

And he leaves.

Fade
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Love the wide sitting pose that Mick does.

He just looks so.....comfy, yeah, that's the word I was looking for. :devil:

And those scenes by Beth's door, I think I held my breath the entire first time I watched that.

Thanks again GA for doing such a wonderful job with the re-caps and the pix. :hearts:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, I've been waiting FOREVER to make this observation....

In this shot...

There is a shadow between Beth and Josh. It looks to me oddly like Mick's shadow has fallen between them, just as Beth's growing attraction to Mick is dividing her from Josh.

Coupled with the fact that Mick is doing a voiceover as we see this, it really almost feels as though he's spying on them as they are lying in bed.

Lucky
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Omg lucky!!

You are freaking me out!
Yes, it does look like a shadow of someone--you can see the shadows of Beth's and Josh's heads, it is definitely not theirs.
Amazing observation---would love to know if they meant to put that in, and if they have done that before and we haven't noticed. Or, is it just a shadow from the cameraman shooting the scene?

I am going with Mick, because I love that scenario.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, Lucky--I never noticed that! That is really cool.
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Well, that is just too cool! You see something new every time you watch this show. :thumbs:
*Christy*

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

wondergirl9847 wrote:Well, that is just too cool! You see something new every time you watch this show. :thumbs:

Well... at least Lucky does!!!

I love Lucky's little observations... either she has vamp site or she watches these eps allllllllottttttttt!

And then thankfully she shares... :hearts:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

wpgrace wrote:
wondergirl9847 wrote:Well, that is just too cool! You see something new every time you watch this show. :thumbs:

I love Lucky's little observations... either she has vamp site or she watches these eps allllllllottttttttt!

Ahhh, :ghug: Let's just say I've seen the eps...a lot.

Lucky
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:

Ahhh, :ghug: Let's just say I've seen the eps...a lot.

Lucky

Well deep doing it!! I love those little things you seem to spot!!!!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Beyond weird lucky, beyond weird. There are so many great scenes in this epi. It's one of my favorites. His hand on hers at the end, the stay in the car bit, even the scene where he is explaining how he is a vampire and why she can't be there when he is at the incinerator. Just lovely. :yahoo:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Jade
Fledgling

Post by Jade »

I finally started watching the show today, i watched the first 3 episodes in a raw with my niece, she absolutely loved it, i have to admit that i didn't particularly liked the first 2 episodes, i liked them enough to keep going though but i absolutely loved the 3rd one, loving Mike back story and Alex is so great in that role, same for Jason love his character and Sophia is good too. So Overall it's a pretty good show and i'm sure it's gonna get even better. :ysmile:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Yay Jade!!! I'm so happy you're watching. The next episode, Fever, is a firm favourite for lots of us - I'm sure you're gonna love it.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Episode Discussion”