Beth's Thoughts PG Ficlet

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Beth's Thoughts PG Ficlet

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

I've never tried to write anything from Beth's POV before, this is really just a ficlet experiment.

These are just some random thoughts of Beth's from the end of Love Lasts Forever till before the rooftop in Fated to Pretend.

Why wouldn’t you do it? Why didn’t you turn Josh? Do you really hate being a vampire so much or did you just want him out of the way?

Josh didn’t deserve what happened to him. He was a good, kind decent man. He didn’t deserve to die. He also didn’t deserve the confusion and turmoil I caused him the last few months.

He should have had a long and healthy life. A life with someone who loved him and put him first. I did love Josh but what’s between the two of us is too intense.

Now you gave up your mortality for me. Something you’ve wanted for over fifty years and you gave it up to protect me. You could have asked Josef to arrange my rescue. You could have held on to your dream a little longer. You sacrificed all that for me but you’re still so afraid. You told me once relationships between vampires and humans are difficult, dangerous and complicated.

It’s really no different for people. I hope you realize that before it’s too late.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Beth's Thoughts PG Ficlet

Post by wpgrace »

Nice Carol!!!! :clapping:

Her constant about-faces in the last of the original twelve eps up to FTP were so confusing for us to digest... this is a wonderful walk thru her feelings and her own acknowledgment of their complexities, their twists and turns, and finally ending up where she DID end up... and the last four lines:
cassysj wrote:You sacrificed all that for me but you’re still so afraid. You told me once relationships between vampires and humans are difficult, dangerous and complicated.

It’s really no different for people. I hope you realize that before it’s too late.
Oh how totally true! All of it, so true. They should've had her say that last one on the show!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Yes, that's exactly her voice.
Well done, carol.

Just a request: With the formatting, it was hard to find where the disclaimer ended and the story began.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Loving those last two lines Carol. :thumbs:

Very nice indeed. :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thank you ladies. I've always been intimidated by Beth so this was just to toe-dip in the pond.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I loved this, cassy. Beth's such a combination of gallant and scared, pushy and uncertain. She is lousy at apologizing but she knows when she's made a mistake. And she runs right over the bumps in the road on the way to what she wants. In just a few words, you've captured all of that.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Alle - I missed your comment before, sorry. This was my first step into Beth. I was scared, she's not an easy character to write so Thank you.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lovely

Beth was so conflicted here, so wounded, hurt and angry.

You have done a wonderful job of capturing her angst.

Thank you

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

My thoughts exactly, Carol...they seem to be mixed up thoughts, but wouldn't you be thinking exactly the same way? So many events, so strong feelings, so little time to collect herself...I think she seems to be doing a great job under the circumstances.. :flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Jen, maggatha - Thanks for commenting. This was my first try at writing Beth. I'm glad it was believable.

Return to “cassysj's Office”