Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 12: The Mortal Cure

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 12: The Mortal Cure

Post by allegrita »

Yeah--that staking move was absolutely Buffy-esque, only somehow he made it totally Mick. :hearts: :melts: :melts:
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Oooh, yet another idea. Love it! :chin:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

And reverting back to the beginning of the ep, I did love the police station hallway convo, because at the end of it, Beth left the door open (so to speak). That nod, small as it was, made all the difference in the world. She could as easily have said that she never wanted to see him again...or even just shaken her head negatively.

So...it was hopeful of better times between them to come.

Lucky
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

jen, here's the clearest cap of the marriage certificate:

It doesn't show the wedding date (I'd checked these frame by frame when I was writing Anniversary but you can't see the actual wedding date in any of them).

But two later caps, although they don't show much info, confirm two things. Mick hadn't been married before:

And his birthday is 15th February:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

And, of course, that birthdate clashes with what he told Beth in Dr. Feelgood: " I'm gonna be 85 this November."

I don't think the prop guys were quite as careful about details as the fans. :laugh:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Not to mention the totally anachronistic zip code...

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wow! Fabulous freeze on the wedding license!

I caught that birthdate issue right away. Maybe there is some other reason for referring to the November date as his birthdate. Turning date? I can almost hear Josef telling him, 'you aren't human now so your human birth date doesn't count.'

And his occupation is finance and business not musician.

Now that's interesting.

Also, I don't recall Coraline's last name being used (maybe it was and it just flew past me) but this solidly nails down where 'DuValle' came from. Wonder if she had multiple names, too. Was DuValle even her real name?

Great stuff!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

As far as I know it's been listed as DuVall most places (no 'e') although a lot of people used the anglicised version, Duval.

She's just listed as 'Coraline' on IMDb, which makes me wonder what was listed on the original CBS press releases. And even more importantly, whether anyone has any of them stored away?

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Sigh. This ep is my absolute favorite... I know I know, everyone else loves Fever the best and I love that one too, but TMC is my bestest best one...

And the continuing inconsistencies never to be solved, the mysteries hinted at and then dropt, the cool villain never to be seen again, etc... sigh... they SO shoulda run with this ep instead of creating a different show for the Final Four. SO much good stuff in this one.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

wpgrace wrote:Sigh. This ep is my absolute favorite... I know I know, everyone else loves Fever the best and I love that one too, but TMC is my bestest best one...

And the continuing inconsistencies never to be solved, the mysteries hinted at and then dropt, the cool villain never to be seen again, etc... sigh... they SO shoulda run with this ep instead of creating a different show for the Final Four. SO much good stuff in this one.
This is one of my favorites as well. Ironically Fever is my least favorite episode, with Sleeping Beauty being my absolute favorite. There was so much in this episode, Lance, Cynthia, the French Revolution.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Someting bothered me about the zip code listed on the marriage license so I looked it up. In 1952, the post office was using a two digit zip code, as it had been since 1943, when they had lost a lot of experienced mail sorters in WW2, so they instituted the two digit extension to make sorting easier on the new ssorters. A five digit zip code was instituted in 1962 or 1963.

So, unless Los Angeles was the site of a pilot test program for that five digit zip code, there is another Moonlight mystery!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Episode Discussion”