Favourite Episode

Emerald
Sire

Favourite Episode

Post by Emerald »

Ok we've had "Least Favourite Episode", what about everyone's Favourite Moonlight Episode :cheer:

Favourite episode for me, hands down...Sleeping Beauty :yahoo:

"I'm going to bed."

"And what am I supposed to do?"

And the Slash just keeps on coming :woohoo:
"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Favourite Episode

Post by cassysj »

Sleeping Beauty for me as well. That was the episode I fell in love with Josef.

There actually isn't another episode that comes close for me. I loved the tragedy of Josef/Sarah. I thought it gave the character of Josef so much more depth than we had previously seen on screen.

I did enjoy Sonata, Fated To Pretend. I'm one of those who preferred the last 4 in general with the exception of Click. I did not like one episode I expect to see on this list a lot. Fever. I didn't enjoy all the Mick in the desert, while I did love the Beth feeding seen that was the only part of it I liked.

Maybe it was because that is the only episode I did not see while it was live on television. I was in Alabama on a church retreat.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

cassysj wrote:Sleeping Beauty for me as well. That was the episode I fell in love with Josef.

There actually isn't another episode that comes close for me. I loved the tragedy of Josef/Sarah. I thought it gave the character of Josef so much more depth than we had previously seen on screen.

I did enjoy Sonata, Fated To Pretend. I'm one of those who preferred the last 4 in general with the exception of Click. I did not like one episode I expect to see on this list a lot. Fever. I didn't enjoy all the Mick in the desert, while I did love the Beth feeding seen that was the only part of it I liked.

Maybe it was because that is the only episode I did not see while it was live on television. I was in Alabama on a church retreat.
I liked the last four episodes as well, Carol, and Sleeping Beauty is also my favorite since that episode is very Josef-centered. :hearts: I also liked B.C. alot, mostly because of Josef's involvement in that plot line as well!! :cheering: Fever is actually one of my least favorite episodes..loved Mick in the desert and feeding on Beth..them solidifying their relationship..but that episode is devoid of any Josef. :sadface: So...not surprisingly, not a favorite!
:seesaw:
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Without question...Love Lasts Forever. I don't care how many times I've seen it, it affects me. I was devastated when Josh died, I squealed when Mick showed himself to Bustos...and drooled when he bit Tejada. LOL I cried a river when I made my video of Beth and Josh too afterwards....that episode just....punches me in the gut. :(

Fever is my 2nd fave and I'm SUPER excited that it's on tomorrow night!! My mom is off work so she's going to watch it with me. :D
*Christy*

Jinian
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Jinian »

Heh, I would have to say "B.C." is my favorite episode. It's not the most emotional or action-packed, but I think I enjoy watching it the most. I've watched it so many times, I've memorized most of the lines.

There are just so many little things that continue to amuse me - the smile on Beth's face as she tries to sneak into the VIP room (charm her way in); the guy in the club who tries to hit on Beth; the fact that Terrence won a week's worth of Guillermo's night shifts at the morgue from a poker game; Beth's annoyance at having to do a fluff news story about a photo shoot; when Beth is studying that humongous medical dictionary in order to figure out what drugs are in her Black Crystal vial; Beth's body language as she meets Mick in front of Club Valis, all dressed up, giggling and leaning really close to him as she says, "You're going to do the vampire-jumping-thing, aren't you?" - incredibly flirty! ((heck, it's exactly what I would have done, too); the whole dialogue during the scene at Mick's apartment when Beth is all high on Black Crystal (my favorite line, "I wanted to feel The Night."); Beth's momentary look of alarm as she wakes up the 'morning after' and discovers she isn't wearing any pants (and also the grin when she realizes that Mick was still the gentleman); Josef miming biting into his wrist as he asks Mick, "So how's it going since ah.....Happy Hour?"

There are also so many powerful moments in this episode - that scene in Club Valis between Mick, Beth, and Lola is my favorite. In that scene, Beth is first confronted with the possibility of finding out what it is like to be a part of Mick's world. Lola is kind of like the snake in the garden, tempting Beth to try the forbidden fruit. And then the scene in Mick's apartment, followed by the shower, wow! Also a great scene - Mick kicking ass in the warehouse (he makes it look so easy) and then his showdown with the villain, Lola. (I thought Holly made a great, smug and snobbish older vamp.)

Hah!!! I could talk about this episode for hours. But probably that's because I've noticed so many little details. What I love about Moonlight is that for every one of its episodes, there is something new I notice every time I watch them. So many different layers to appreciate!

So anyways, B.C. is just the one I watch the most. I also find myself returning more often to this episode because it's in the middle of the season (and in the story) so there is no big heartbreak waiting, no Josh dying or Josef mourning the loss of Sarah, no Coraline. Not that I don't love those parts of the story, but they make me feel more homesick for some reason. Do you know what I mean?
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I actually liked the Morgan eps... Ringer and FdL... I liked seeing Mick lose it around her... He lost his perpetual cool... and the whole concept of a passion that engulfing is just riveting. I don't want one, but it's riveting watching the train wreck that it made of Mick. Alex acted his considerable a*$ off in those eps, IMO... and his chemistry with Shannyn was unbelievable.

These eps gave Beth pause. The fact that she hung in there (well after kinda going back to Josh, but that's another ep) after all that... that's a big deal.

And Mick came out the other side. I think he still has very hard-to-control feelings for Cora... and he's glad she's not dead... but he knows for a fact he chooses Beth now. He chooses Beth NOT because there is no other choice... but because he DOES have a choice. (Tho that's another ep too... but due to The Ringer and FdL...)
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
JosefsFreshie

Post by JosefsFreshie »

i like whats left behind, i loved finding out josef wished he could have had kids makes me want to grant his wish. :hug:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Gee, we don't have a lot of responses on this one. :chin: Is it too hard to choose?

I don't think anyone will be surprised that my favorite episode is "Sleeping Beauty," the episode in which we see that Josef truly does have a soul. :heart: Surprisingly, though, the one that's probably next in line for me is one of the three episodes that had no Josef at all -- "Fever."

There are moments and scenes that I adore in each of the episodes , but if we're taking about overall episodes, these would top my list. Image
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Emerald wrote:Ok we've had "Least Favourite Episode", what about everyone's Favourite Moonlight Episode :cheer:

Favourite episode for me, hands down...Sleeping Beauty :yahoo:

"I'm going to bed."

"And what am I supposed to do?"

And the Slash just keeps on coming :woohoo:
:twothumbs: :thud: :notworthy:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow - how did I miss this thread? Thanks for unburying it, Lilly.

Hmmmm... favorite episode... :chin: oh, man!! :dizzy: Each one has so much to like, and a few little things to roll your eyes at... but I guess I'm going to say my favorite episode is "No Such Thing as Vampires." It captivated me. It drew me in. And I knew Moonlight was gonna have a sneaky, snarky sense of humor, because of Josef and Mick's wonderful scenes. I've said before that I was heavily intrigued when Beth hit Mick over the head with a vase and he said, "Ouch." :brow: But what really hooked me was that hug at the end, and that beautiful, poignant voiceover. :heart:
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Black crystal Hands down is my favorite....but close on that one is The Mortal Cure, The Ringer, and then Fleur De Leis in that order. These have my favorite two Characters featured..Josef and Morgan(Coraline). :teeth:

I love BC as I LOVE the beginning when Josef is banging on Mick's freezer. Josef says he is looking for someone and Mick responds with. "And you think they are in here?" :rolling:

And when Mick asks if Lola is Vamp or human. And Josef responds quickly with. "Vamp of course." :snicker:

Of course then there is the fight between Lola and Mick. I love that scene as well. :thumbs:

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

This question is like "which of your children do you like best?"

I can't answer it. Even the episodes that I originally didn't like have earned my respect over time.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

r1015bill wrote:This question is like "which of your children do you like best?"

I can't answer it. Even the episodes that I originally didn't like have earned my respect over time.

exactly!!!!!! :laugh:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

r1015bill wrote:
This question is like "which of your children do you like best?"

exactly!!!!!!
r1015bill wrote:This question is like "which of your children do you like best?"

exactly!!!!!! :laugh:

Coming to Moonlight late, I have tried to figure out where things were discovered. When decisions were made to eliminate cast members. I love the final four--except the fact that they were the final four. Not getting over that one easily. I still see so much untapped potential there but who listens to me?
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I struggle to choose as well. Every single episode has something in it that I love and keep going back to time and again.

I think the sequence of episodes from BC to TMC were consistently amazing - it felt like the show was hitting its stride and some of the early kinks had been ironed out.

OoTP has the most emotional resonance for me because it was the final scene that made me sit bolt upright in my chair and realise this show was something special.

And then there's Fever. Oh, Fever. If I really, really, really had to pick, in spite of my adoration for all things Mick/Cora, I'd probably choose Fever as my favourite.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “100% Moonlight”