Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 11: Love Lasts Forever

jen
Cleaner

Re: Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 11: Love Lasts Forever

Post by jen »

It is a mystery to me how anyone can watch this episode and not be blown away by it. I know. I say this a lot, but it is just so multilayered. The many suberb performances that the cast turned in in this episode was amazing. I wish we had dailies on this episode.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I agree with jen. Mick doesn't WANT to enjoy being a vampire, but he can't help himself. It's like...he can let the vampire loose if he's avenging the innocent. Then he can give himself permission to completely embrace everything he is.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Good observation, Jen. Ihadn't thought about how comfortable he was going after Tejada;
Lilly wrote:He was amazing. :yes: His pain was palpable as Mick was working on him.
I wonder if that's why he keeps getting picked for death scenes. He was so dramatic without becoming overdramatic in this.
allegrita wrote:Oh, didn't he?! I remember talking with him at the Gala about the way he chose to play different scenes, the way he got into the character of Josh. He's a really thoughtful, smart, and insightful guy. And it was an absolute blast to talk to hear him talk about the craft of acting. :hearts:

ETA: When I say "talking to him", I mean sitting at a table with 12 other people, when he stopped by during the dinner to spend a few minutes with us. Not one on one... I'd LOVE to talk with him one on one, but I feel blessed to have had the opportunity I had.
I tried to talk to him, but got all tongue tied. He is very smart, like you said. Hollywood has got to be tough when you can have amazing looks, talent and brains and still be working so hard to get noticed.

Great point, PGal.

Good Lord, y'all type too fast for me to keep up. :snicker:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Another of the great things about Moonlight was the way the writers would leave little details in that may have been there for later use.

Like when Tejada's goons had Josh in the trunk of the car before the stopped at Griffith Park, there was a truck and a uniformed man seemingly watching them. They were very aware of the situation, then the truck drove away.

Wonder if anyone ever did a fanfic on that truck.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Not as far as I know, Jenna... you might need to think about that one!! :teeth:
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Okay.... :snicker:

This is what I always think about this episode: Mick is at his anti hero best!

:melts: :melts: :melts:

Yeah, I'm a sucker for the anti hero.

:devil:

You can't help but root for him when he's in full vampire rage at the bar. And me, a total Beth lover, TOTALLY hated Beth for that awful, hurtful thing she said to him. Although this was an episode presumably about ending Josh and Beth's relationship, the relationship between Beth and Mick was so intricately and significantly moved along in this episode. It's what came after that ticked me off. But that moment at the end of this one, even though it hurt, was so well acted it just blew me away. His body movement and facial expressions when she says that... just so moving. He really laid the pain right out there on his sleeve. I always thought some of the best scenes in this show were the final scenes. This was one of 'em. I remember just sitting there stunned that she said that. :hankie:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Yeah, don't you just hate it when Joel Silver's name flashes across the screen? I was always like, NOT NOW!!!! Don't stop there!!

I don't think Beth was trying to set him up. I think she really had not thought about what a horrible question it was.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I know--it was worse than a slap in the face. He was so hurt by her. And he was trying to make her understand, but he couldn't say what was in his heart. :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:

NM, I agree with you. She didn't mean to hurt him. She just spoke first and thought later. And this was the worst. :Mickangel:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Hey, late, late, late to the party, but had to add a bit to this one.
nutmegger911 wrote:Good observation, Jen. Ihadn't thought about how comfortable he was going after Tejada;
Lilly wrote:He was amazing. :yes: His pain was palpable as Mick was working on him.
I wonder if that's why he keeps getting picked for death scenes. He was so dramatic without becoming overdramatic in this.
allegrita wrote:Oh, didn't he?! I remember talking with him at the Gala about the way he chose to play different scenes, the way he got into the character of Josh. He's a really thoughtful, smart, and insightful guy. And it was an absolute blast to talk to hear him talk about the craft of acting. :hearts:

ETA: When I say "talking to him", I mean sitting at a table with 12 other people, when he stopped by during the dinner to spend a few minutes with us. Not one on one... I'd LOVE to talk with him one on one, but I feel blessed to have had the opportunity I had.
I tried to talk to him, but got all tongue tied. He is very smart, like you said. Hollywood has got to be tough when you can have amazing looks, talent and brains and still be working so hard to get noticed.

Great point, PGal.

Good Lord, y'all type too fast for me to keep up. :snicker:
I so agree with what Alle said about talking to him at the Gala. He was just charming, and so earnest in how he talked about acting, and Josh.

(And I did chat with him one on one a bit--he was absolutely adorable.)

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Totally agree.

Those are spot on observations.

Over and over in Moonlight, I saw a repeating theme of sorts that in a particularly superb moment, like Mick's lovely smile in the parking lot after Beth kissed him at the end of Arrested Development, and here, at the end of Love Lasts Forever, after that award-worthy scene that was so amazingly handled by AOL and SM, either by cutting or some other trick of the trade, it ended so fast, we were left gasping at the intensity of the moment and wanting more.

Kinda sums up how we feel right now, too, huh?

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Since I missed this in Israel I decided to give it a look before tonight's episode. This was such a powerful episode. Beth makes a lot of unkind and stupid remarks in this episode but I can deal with it considering all she had to endure. I have always wondered since Josef wasn't in this episode when Mick went to talk to him about Josh, Tejeda, etc.

Return to “Episode Discussion”