ML Locations: Episode 14 - Click

diane31
Fledgling

Re: ML Locations: Episode 14 - Click

Post by diane31 »

Thank you so much Alle! Hmmm... Actually right now I can't even access them lol! Anyone having the same problem? I get an error to the effect I'm not allowed access. :whistle:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That's weird! I was able to access it just now, from my phone. I'll try to find another cap that doesn't have restrictions.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Hey, all. So, last week I was on a trip to California, and although my main purpose was not Moonlight tourism, I did manage to sneak in just a little bit. Namely, I went and stayed a night on the Queen Mary. While my stateroom was nowhere near as lavish as Tierney’s suite, I did snap a few photos I thought might be of interest.

General views of the stateroom:

The old vent system (these no longer work; they’ve been upgraded):

Okay, in the scenes from Click in the stateroom, there are little red and white signs visible. You may not have noticed them, but they are there.

What are they? I hear you asking. Well, they are an attempt to keep you from stumbling and breaking your toes.

I do have some other pictures I need to post, but I finally realized those are on my phone, and the download will have to wait until this evening.

Lucky
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

That's so great, Lucky!!! :melts:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Oooo -- thanks, Lucky! I would so love to stay there. :hearts:

And I love those little signs. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

These pics are awesome, Lucky. Thanks so much for sharing with us! :hug: And I'm so glad you got a chance to stay on the Queen Mary. I think I might invite Mr. Allegrita to have a little "cruise" vacation there one day soon. :batseyes:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

More Queen Mary stuff…

The key card:

The Do Not Disturb sign:

The folder for the key cards was a miniature passport, with stamps from every stop on the QM’s last voyage.

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Now I really want to stay there! :hearts:

Thanks for scanning all these goodies, Lucky! :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I just love the keycard-holder passport. What a clever idea!! :hearts:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Have you eaten in Sir Winston's?
The Chateaubriand is to die for...
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Watching "Click" during the Watch & Chat on Friday night made me realize that I had some pictures from February that I hadn't sorted out yet.

I'm adding some info here and in the first post about the car chase through Beverly Hills.

Starting at 00:56, Tierney's car comes racing north on N. Cãnon Drive, coming from Carmelita Avenue toward Elevado Avenue:

(This shot is taken from the corner of N. Cãnon and Elevado, looking south on N. Cãnon.)

At 01:05, Tierney takes a hard right, from N. Cãnon onto Elevado Avenue and heads east. In spite of what Mick says, Elevado is not a one-way street...

(This shot is taken from the corner of N. Cãnon and Elevado, just around the corner from the last shot, looking west on Elevado Avenue.)

At 01:21, the car is again seen traveling north on N. Cãnon Drive, this time between Elevado Avenue and the Crossroads at Lomitas Avenue and N. Beverly Drive (the next intersection north of Elevado).

At 02:09, the cars turns right (north) onto N. Rodeo Drive from Carmelita Avenue:

N. Rodeo Drive is divided by a center median into northbound and southbound lanes. When Tierney makes "that J- turn," she actually ends up going south in the northbound lanes.

One other point of interest... the ornate dome that flashes at 06:32 is the top of Beverly Hills City Hall, located at 455 N. Rexford Drive, right off Santa Monica Boulevard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Highs ... tyhall.jpg

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Good lord, Lilly. How did you figure this stuff out?!?? :gasp: I'm absolutely amazed! And really impressed, too! :notworthy:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I had seen it suggested somewhere that some of the driving took place on N. Cãnon Drive, so I checked out numerous street views on Google Earth before my trip out there in February. I made some notes of areas I wanted to photograph, and my husband patiently drove and stopped and drove and stopped. :snicker: The N. Rodeo location we found just by driving around looking for a divided road with those very distinctive trees. My hubby actually spotted that one particular tree, on the northeast corner of N. Rodeo and Carmelita (left side of the picture), which has an unusual protrusion sticking out at about eye level.

And I just now found one more turn on Google Earth...

At 1:30 -- just after "I can't die, I can't die..." -- the car turns right off Elevado Avenue onto the service road that runs behind the houses between N. Cãnon Drive and N. Crescent Drive:

(image from Google Earth)
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: ML Locations: Episode 14 - Click - update 5/1

Post by librarian_7 »

I realized I had a brochure with maps of the Queen Mary, that I'd scanned and never gotten posted.

So....

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: ML Locations: Episode 14 - Click - update 5/1

Post by allegrita »

Very cool! :thumbs:

Return to “Moonlight Locations”