Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C. Part II

jen
Cleaner

Re: B.C. (Episode Six) Part II

Post by jen »

Oh, man

Was it something I said?

Everybody left :hankie:

Another thing that was unusual here was that Josef showed a flash of emotional vulnerability at the end when Mick told him that Lola said that they were alike. That scene makes me wonder what is a reasonable lifespan for a vampire. Mick acts like Josef's four centuries is very unusual and long; Josef indicated that Lola was the oldest vampire that he knew of and that she was over five hundred.

I know that the present civilization on North America is only a few centuries old but in other parts of the world civilization can be measured in thousands of years. We know that what vampires call 'forever' really isn't forever. They are just not subject to aging and are more resistant to things that kill us off faster. Maybe we would have seen this in Season 2, but now it continues in fanfic.

Interesting.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I think this is the episode where they started showing how many layers Josef really had. 100% vampire, most definitely. He didn't really care about the three humans that had died from overdoses, but he was upset over one vamp being turned into party drugs by one of his own kind.

But he did care about Lola. He hid it well, until she was killed.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

jen wrote:Oh, man

Another thing that was unusual here was that Josef showed a flash of emotional vulnerability at the end when Mick told him that Lola said that they were alike. That scene makes me wonder what is a reasonable lifespan for a vampire. Mick acts like Josef's four centuries is very unusual and long; Josef indicated that Lola was the oldest vampire that he knew of and that she was over five hundred.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
I really wonder about the lifespan myself. It can't be easy to live that long you'd have to make enemies. Josef seemed to feel that the century plus difference between him and Lola was a big deal. He did care for her but I wonder if he would have felt as badly if she was the same woman but two hundred and fifty.

Return to “Episode Discussion”