My Bloody Valentine PG-13 Josef & Lola

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Re: My Bloody Valentine PG-13 Josef & Lola

Post by nutmegger911 »

Wow! You weren't kidding when you said dark. Interesting, how you can present his killing the girl in an "always the gentleman" light.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

nutmegger911 wrote:Wow! You weren't kidding when you said dark. Interesting, how you can present his killing the girl in an "always the gentleman" light.
Thanks NM911 I don't normally go dark and I have to keep Josef always the gentleman
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

Very good, Carol :clapping: This is a side of Josef that we never got to see in the show...very dark, somewhat brooding...reminded me a bit of Mick. However, Lola did say they were alike. ;)
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks Kelly. I think Josef is darker with Lola but he did what he thought was the right thing.
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

The Coffee House sent me here in search of more dark fic. I've been enjoying the variety and, because I haven't read much fic, I've been amazed at the power of the shorter pieces like this one.

O-o-o, I never liked Lola and this just gives me another reason.

"I did not want to remember the taste of fear, it could become addictive."
Dark, sardonic Josef is looking out for #1 but his action is compassionate and the young husband is grateful for his wife's quick death. This is very dark.

And I'm glad it gave Lola the sulks.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks jmc. I really appreciate you commenting. I do so much comedy going dark is a stretch for me. Lola was not pleased how her evening turned out.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Cassy, this story is wonderfully dark, and it makes great sense to me. Lola showed us in B.C. that she had no regard for life--vampire or human. She was in it for what she could get out of it, whether that be pleasure, money, or some other kind of fun. And also, when Lola was stalking around Beth at the club, purring all sorts of enticements into her ear, making her want everything that Mick couldn't--wouldn't dare--give her, she showed how much she loved to make people squirm.

It's not much of a stretch for me to go from that mental torment to physical torture. It works totally for me as an extrapolation of the character we saw onscreen. In this story, I believe that part of the fun she was expecting to have was the fun of watching Josef being forced to consider an act that made him uncomfortable. Lola would get double-fun--all the pleasure of watching someone enjoy a gift, while at the same time putting Josef way out of his comfort zone.

I'm interested in your theory that fear in the blood is addictive. I imagine that it could be-- that rush of hormones, especially adrenaline, might be like crack or methamphetamine to a vampire. And Josef would be leery of that rush, that addiction. Josef is a person who insists on being controlled all the time. You have to speculate that he's this way because he had his share of times when he was so very much out of control. On the other hand, Lola's the type who likes to dance on a tightrope over a bubbling volcano. The control she exerts is the bare minimum to stop her from falling in, and that danger is part of the spice that keeps unlife interesting for her. Torturing the poor couple is just another bit of spice to her, and she has no remorse for the pain she causes.

I guess you'd say that Lola is a true sociopath. She's contemptuous of Josef's careful behavior--she said so to Mick in B.C. I can also see Josef being incredibly attracted to Lola's danger, and even her cruelty. She's very seductive, and she makes wickedness look sooooooo good. And Josef definitely has a wild, out-of-control side--even though he may never let it loose anymore.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Alle - Thank you. I saw Lola as a sociopath myself. Such vampire on vampire crime showed that in BC. Lola would enjoy how the people suffered and whether Josef enjoyed it or not she would win and he would lose. If he was uncomfortable she would feel more vampire then him. If he enjoyed it he would be going against his own principles and giving up control. Again Lola wins.
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Vicious thing isn't she. Little bit*h. :eek2: Lola was never one of my favorite characters. I think she's too dark for me. I'm glad you took her out for a spin though. I think you caught her quite nicely and Josef...always the gentleman even if his idea is a quick end to a nasty situation. Good job. :rose:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks blue. I think Lola is quite vicious in this piece and in general. But she kept holding Josef's interest for a while.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Intensely dark and very chilling.

I agree with Alle's post about Lola, but to me Lola is very single minded. The only thing she cares about is herself. Her pleasure, her successes and her own survival. Whether she causes pain to another being or not is only bad or good depending on what pleasure or benefit she derives from rhe experience. I also agree that Josef was forced out of his comfort zone and that was especially fun for Lola.

He ended the young womans life wih deliberate speed, earning Lola's reproof. In context, clearly a mercy.

I'm a little disappointed that Josef didn't stop the casual cruelty.

Very well written, though!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

I think Lola's attraction for Josef lay in the fact that they didn't see each other often.
Last edited by jen on Mon May 31, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

My goodness it's been a long time since this popped up. Thanks for the bump. I felt Josef wouldn't have stopped the casual cruelty so he wouldn't appear weak to both a woman and an elder vampire.

Thanks for reading.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Wow -- unusual and dark. I'm wondering though -- the newlywed husband seemed grateful for Josef's actions because he ended his wife's suffering.....right? My mind quickly went somewhere sinister, but that couldn't be, could it?

That Lola. She really is pure vampire.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Moonlighter - Yes the newlywed was happy his wife wouldn't suffer anymore. Lola is quite the character
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Just giving a bump for V-day

Return to “cassysj's Office”