ML Locations: Episode 11 - Love Lasts Forever

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

ML Locations: Episode 11 - Love Lasts Forever

Post by Lilly »

Moonlight Locations: Love Lasts Forever

I will only be listing locations we haven’t seen before.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Police Interrogation area – Soundstage ?, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Parking Garage – Parking Garage, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

Josh crosses from the Bridge Building to the WB parking garage.

He enters the garage just past the car entrance near the elevators.

3. Bionalysis – Building 28, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

4. Roosevelt Hotel exteriorRoosevelt Hotel, 7000 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA

5. Roosevelt Hotel, interior ballroomWB Commissary, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

The party scene itself was shot in the WB Commissary, which was also used in Out of the Past for LeeJay’s book signing. It’s amazing what hundreds of balloons and dozens of yards of pink fabric will do to disguise a space. The clues here were the white French doors with the tree and iron railing visible just outside and the horizontal wood paneling on one side of the room.

(from WB website)

(from WB website)

6. Bionalysis, interior – ?, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

7. Judge’s chambers – ?, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

8. Tejada’s officeThe Roadhouse, interior, Warner Bros. Studios backlot, Burbank, CA

(from WB website)

9. Beth’s apartment/house exterior – Midwest Street, Warner Bros. Studios backlot, Burbank, CA

10. Car chase – The car chase continues off the backlot, first traveling east at the end of Lakewood Ave. near Ivan Hill Terrace…

(image from Google Earth)

and then immediately right (southbound) on Glendale Blvd.

Here they are traveling south on Glendale Blvd. just north of where Glendale Fwy. merges into it near W. Duane St.

(image from Google Earth)

Still heading south on Glendale, Beth pulls over near the intersection of Glendale Blvd. and Beverly Blvd. just past Rockwood Street.

11. Griffith ParkThe Jungle, Warner Bros. Studios backlot, Burbank, CA

The area that substituted for Griffith Park in Josh's death scene is known on the WB Backlot as the Jungle. It consists of a man-made pond surrounded by an area of dense foliage. This location was also used for the World War II flashbacks in What's Left Behind as well as countless other television and movie productions. Interestingly, bamboo is not indigenous to the area -- it was planted for a particular shoot and they've never been able to get rid of it since.

12. Hollenback BarThe Roadhouse, Warner Bros. Studios backlot, Burbank, CA

True Blood fans will recognize the Roadhouse building as the one used for Merlotte's.

Information will be updated and pictures added as they become available.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: ML Locations: Episode 11 - Love Lasts Forever

Post by allegrita »

Our own MLA Detective has struck again--how the heck you figured out that the Commissary was used for that party scene, I will NEVER know. And you actually figured out the route for the chase scene!! :teeth: :teeth:

I bow down to your mad detection skillz, Lilly... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Hey... next time you're in LA, you should offer Mick your research services, for a hefty fee... :laugh:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Yeah, I'd never have thought to look, but the tile flooring does match, from the party to the commisary!

Lucky
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Sigh... oh so lovely to visit thru your eyes, Lilly. :notworthy:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks, Alle, Lucky and grace -- glad you're enjoying the fun. Image
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

You are amazing. I would never have caught the commisary/party connection. :clapping:
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I knew the party scene was shot on the backlot, but to be honest, I didn't nail it down until I was choosing screencaps for this thread. Then I suddenly had a :bulb: moment. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Ah...the nostalgia! (I love when I spot ML locations in other shows....)

thank-you for the sleuthing. :clapping:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Lucy wrote:(I love when I spot ML locations in other shows....)
I do too, Lucy -- but it's rather disconcerting for my family when we're watching TV and I randomly shout, "Hank Mottola's house!!!" :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Lilly wrote:
Lucy wrote:(I love when I spot ML locations in other shows....)
I do too, Lucy -- but it's rather disconcerting for my family when we're watching TV and I randomly shout, "Hank Mottola's house!!!" :teeth:

:snicker:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This is so great!!!
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Lilly you are just amazing. I love looking at where all these scenes were played out. Thank you so much for all your hard work on this. :thanks2:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Got a question for our ever-intrepid locationista. I was just looking at the caps of Mick and Beth coming down the stairs from the Bioanalysis Lab (discussion thread). In the background, you can see pieces of a building, which looks suspiciously like the industrial alley we saw in several eps (BC, OOTP in particular).

I KNOW this staircase is on the WB backlot; any idea what building it might be in? I don't think that it could possibly be in the building they used for the lab exterior.

Lucky

ETA:
Image Image Image
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Lucky, that's definitely the interior of Building 28, which was used for the exterior as well. You can see the Mill in the background in this picture:

You can see the overhang above where the car is parked in the background in this picture...

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, cool, Lilly--thanks! Hey, that overhang-thing under the big bank of windows... those look suspiciously like solar panels to me. Do you think they are?

Return to “Moonlight Locations”