Moonlight on the CW, Ep 2: Out of the Past

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Moonlight on the CW, Ep 2: Out of the Past

Post by allegrita »

That's so true... it was one of the strongest moments of raw emotion that I've ever seen on television. Just breathtaking.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

allegrita wrote:That's so true... it was one of the strongest moments of raw emotion that I've ever seen on television. Just breathtaking.
:yes: :yes: :yes:

And I do also remember being really shocked that the "reveal" came this early in the season. I'd expected weeks and weeks of will-she-won't-she find out. Talk about intrigued.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:giggle: Love the running commentary... and :wave: again Lovebite! Good on your husband for watching with you!

I always love hearing how shocked everybody was to see the reveal come so quickly. That had to be a cool moment if you were watching the show in order and in real time.
This ep, ep 2, was the 5th ep I saw, so while I LOVE the reveal scene, and I feel the drama and the beauty and the horror of it (and definitely adore the acting :melts: ), I don't feel the shock. One of the unfortunate consequences of discovering the show halfway into it's run... :shrug:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Moonlight being on the CW weekly - at least for now - has been a nice summer treat. I think they have fewer commercials than Sci Fy or Chiller. Even though I have 3 DVDs it is still nice to see the show on TV.

I am happy that when Moonlight came out I was a regular viewer of Ghost Whisperer (I haven't watched that since Moonlight was canceled) so that I was able to see the episodes in the correct order the first time around. The amount of advertising CBS did for the show was practically non-existent except for Ghost Whisperer. I was right on time for NSTAV but I remember for some reason I had forgotten to turn the show on for OOTP, and missed the first 20 minutes or so. I did get to see that in a rerun.

A couple of things I wondered about last night. When Josef came by in his car, where did Mick's car come from all of a sudden? Also since Mick had blood with him, why did he have to wait until he got back to his apartment to start drinking it?

There were a lot of things I loved about last night's episode: the "because I'm a vampire" thought in Mick's head, Beth being so familiar with how to shoot a gun, Josh's comment about since Beth met Mick everything seems crazy, the "don't look at me" scene.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

redwinter101 wrote:"Please, don't look at me."

The emotion in that line, the desperation, the fear, the broken-ness, the shame... :Mickangel: :Mickangel: :Mickangel: that was the moment I sat bolt upright in front of my TV, caught somewhere between "Wow" and "Oh my God". No matter how many times I hear it, it never loses its power. The rest is history...

Red
This is EXACTLY where Moonlight got me. This is where I fell in love with Mick and became an Alex O'Loughlin fan for life.

This episode was much better than the first and the more I watched, the more intrigued I became. Then came "...but I was young and stupid back then..." and we swept into the 80's flashback. That gorgeous vampire wearing that arrogant look definitely had me taking a second look - then came the ending and I was lost.

An obsession was born with ten words and a look. Alex took a role that could have been excrutiatingly cheesy and turned Mick into something special and unforgettable.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

That last scene is one of the most captivating things I've ever seen in my life. From Mick desperately trying to get blood into his system, to Beth walking in on him and the way he stiffens up and goes into OMG-mode and him slumping down to the floor and covering himself up to her asking him what he is.....and "I'm a vampire."

PERFECTION. Sheer PERFECTION. :happysigh:

One of my favorite moments is when he's about to attack Lee Jay and he growls. Ohhhh mama!! Those are the moments you KNOW he's got some animal in him. :thumbs: I love when he's full-on vamp!!
*Christy*

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Moonlightsonata wrote:

A couple of things I wondered about last night. When Josef came by in his car, where did Mick's car come from all of a sudden? Also since Mick had blood with him, why did he have to wait until he got back to his apartment to start drinking it?
For the first time last night, I noticed Mick handing Josef a black bag at the car scene. I assume that was the blood he shoved in a black bag at the FOS because he didn't want it to spoil?

So if Josef had the blood, where did Mick get the blood he had at the apartment? Surely not from Josef because Josef would have insisted that they get the buckshot out. Mmmm.....
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Moonlightsonata wrote: A couple of things I wondered about last night. When Josef came by in his car, where did Mick's car come from all of a sudden? Also since Mick had blood with him, why did he have to wait until he got back to his apartment to start drinking it?
MS, I got the impression that Mick and Josef had spoken on the phone and agreed to meet at that parking lot. Josef got there first, and Mick drove up. (I think that the way they filmed it, Mick's car was coming from the opposite side of the lot from where the actual entrance is at the real location...but that's just clever shooting and storytelling.)

As for the blood: if you look closely, Mick gives Josef his leather case filled with blood bags, so he didn't have blood with him after he got shot. Thus all the fanfic on the subject of, How did Mick get the blood? :teeth:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I like how you think alle! And that the same moment I was thinking!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I know! Two great minds... :highfive:
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

You mean here? :teeth:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Sorry for the confusion on my part :blushing: -- the Watch & Chat will be here: http://moonlightaholics.com/viewtopic.p ... 19#p196319
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist

Return to “Episode Discussion”