Moonlight on The CW - Discussion for Ep 1: NSTAV

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Moonlight on The CW - Discussion for Ep 1: NSTAV

Post by Lilly »

Hi, lynn -- good to see you! :wave:

I watched the first episodes on the CBS website too -- although I must have mercifully blocked the memory of the wretched stopping and starting. :snicker: Now that you mention it -- oy! :roll:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

Hey Lynn, thanks for confirming that Daniel was a NZ'er. I knew there was more going on with that accent!

And my NSTAV experience was EXACTLY the same as yours!
It wasn't the first episode that I watched. I had watched OOTP and Dr Feelgood but couldn't fit the connection between Beth and Mick.
It was driving me insane! I was so happy to finally watch it online.
LoveBite
Kostan Industries intern

Post by LoveBite »

It's wonderful to read everyone's comments about the first Moonlight episode! Such a beautiful, magical show ... still can't get over falling in love with it Sept. 2007. Found myself watching it because of Ghost Whisperer ... too lazy to turn the tv off. Boy, sure am glad I kept watching. Actually, it was The Voice that hooked me that first night. Looking back, I thought all the episodes were fantastic, still do. When we get to Ep. 3, that's where I became a Mick-girl and Alex fan.

:champs: here's to you, Moonlight!
Carol
~LoveBite
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Hi, LoveBite! :wave: How wonderful that looking back at this first episode inspired you to make your first post here! :hearts: It's wonderful to hear from you and of how you got started down this path. And, yes, the Voice was what did many of us in. He had me from Day One. :happysigh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, YEAH... the Voice... the hair... the eyelashes... (you may notice after a while that I'm rather fond of the eyelashes...) the eyebrows... aw, heck, if I'm starting at the top, this will be a very long post. Just... everything. The soul of that vampire. :heart:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

LoveBite wrote:It's wonderful to read everyone's comments about the first Moonlight episode! Such a beautiful, magical show ... still can't get over falling in love with it Sept. 2007. Found myself watching it because of Ghost Whisperer ... too lazy to turn the tv off. Boy, sure am glad I kept watching. Actually, it was The Voice that hooked me that first night. Looking back, I thought all the episodes were fantastic, still do. When we get to Ep. 3, that's where I became a Mick-girl and Alex fan.

:champs: here's to you, Moonlight!

I will totally drink to that with you... :champs: In fact, the Voice is probably worth two... :champs: :devil:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

:champs: What's that they say about "three's a crowd"? :laugh:

Alle, so happy for you that you had such a great experience! And thanks for sharing all the tidbits. :hug: I read Trevor's chapters on MySpace, so it was good to hear that he's getting a publishing deal. Keep us posted! I'm curious to know if you (or Lunalux) talked to him at all about writing??? I'd be intimidated, but that's me. Does he know just HOW VAST the library of ML stories is here and elsewhere? I think it would be so cool to know that you sparked all that creativity and storytelling. And even though I know they avoid these places like the plague due to plagiarism claim concerns, I would love to have him read cinemama's archetypes musings and give his thoughts. Happy that things are looking up for him! How is his mom, btw? I got a request to update my donor info the other day and thought of her. Hoping all is good.

Lynn, :wave: Good to see you post!

ETA: sorry, back to topic: I caught ML NSTAV about 2 mins into it... and was just home from around the corner, with "happy hour fumbly thumbs" so the, ahem, few minutes it took me to locate the channel changing button on the remote, I heard "unless they really ask for it" and I looked up and was like, "Wow!" That smile... :melts: . I still love that interview, just because he is sooo gorgeous and wry. Then the freezer scene and the "blood fix" scene and I was like, "Okay, this is different..." I was hooked! He was just so charming and "old soul." The voiceovers (grace!)... :thud:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

Eek--sorry I'm late to the party! Hope it's not too late for me to share my first experience watching the show...

I remember summer of 2007 I had just discovered the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series, and was hooked on those books--one of my best friends was telling me about this vampire show that was coming out in the fall that I also might like. I distinctly remember telling her, No way was I watching it. Antia Blake was all the vampire I needed. Famous last words. :giggle:

The day the show aired, I was browsing imdb and I saw an ad for this vampire show called "Moonlight"--it was really cool--it was this pretty good looking guy standing in front of a full moon. The ad intrigued me and I decided that night to watch. I was instantly hooked.

I LOVED the opening scenes, Mick's interview, the shot of him sitting up in his freezer and injecting the blood. I thought it was really interesting and very cool how they were changing the vampire mythos. Plus, the lead actor was really hot! :heart: (what also really amuses me is that at this point I was 100% all about Mick--my love of Josef gradually came on--it's funny, with every show I watch, I intially have one favorite character, but then it inevitably shifts to a different character.) While I thought some parts were kinda cheesy, I still loved the episode and decided to keep watching.

Also, I loved that in the soundtrack was Evanesence. "My Immortal" is one of my favorite songs. :melts:

It's been one giant thrill ride ever since, and my friend never misses an oppertunity to say "I told you so!" :snicker:

And Alle--I am so jealous!! It sounds like you had an AMAZING time--I'm so happy for you! (and did I mention jealous? ;) )
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.

Return to “Episode Discussion”