MICKBETH - WHY

diane31
Fledgling

MICKBETH - WHY

Post by diane31 »

Hi everyone :wave:
Well like in my previous post in this thread for those who have seen it, this is not a video in the traditional sense, but a slideshow illustrating a fanfic. It plays just like a video and has sound, hence its presence here. Why is also the title of the fanfic. It is my first fanfic BTW, so I wanted to illustrate it even though its introspective character made it non-ideal for that (i.e. it forced me to use photoshop :mdrama: ; am I the only one in the universe to find video editing way easier and more intuitive than photo-editing, lol?!).
There are sound effects, but I ended up deciding against putting music. I tried putting Do's beautiful sound "heaven", and it was perfect for some parts but really didn't fit others, and also I felt it was kind of distracting from the words, so I decided to stick to just sound effects for atmosphere. If anyone so happens to have a musical suggestion for it though, I'll gladly try it. ;)
Oh and I almost forgot: if you'd rather read the text itself without the slideshow, I posted it in the Library.

Anyway here are the links:
For online viewing:
http://moonlight-illustrated-fanfics.bl ... hy_30.html
To download (it plays using the html file):
http://www.4shared.com/file/186888731/33590e4f/Why.html

I hope you enjoy! :ghug:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: MICKBETH - WHY

Post by allegrita »

diane31, this is such a creative and different form of storytelling. The pictures and sound effects really pulled me into the story, and Mick's expressions really illustrated his thoughts. Mick always did tell us more with his expressions than he ever did with his words!

And yeah--I've been thinking the same thing. When Mick finally understands WHY Coraline did what she did... he might find it a lot easier to forgive her for it. And I love the guy, but Josef's right.. he needs to let her go. I think Coraline made a big leap toward letting Mick go, in The Mortal Cure. She sacrificed herself for him, knowing that she was leaving him the opportunity to make a go of things with Beth. She grew up a lot. So... it's time for Mick to make that same step in maturity, and get over it, and move on, remembering the good and leaving the bitterness behind.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us! These slideshows are really amazing. :hearts:
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Diane,
This is a wonderful videograph() of your story. What a tender story. Only by letting go and allowing himself to love did Mick finally obtain understanding. The fire in the background is a wonderful touch. It really pulls you into the whole experience. Well done.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

diane, you did it again. This is such a great way to tell a story, because you took just the right expressions of Mick to show what you wrote in the text. Perfect! I love his ever changing face, from adoration and love to horror to understanding. Love it! :hearts:
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Thank you so much to all of you!!! :hearts: I am really, really glad that you enjoyed it so much! :hyper2: I have to say I was really nervous about this one, because, well, as I said, photoshop and I don't always get along very well, and after working on it for a while I lost my "fresh eye", so it got difficult to tell whether some of the things I was doing were not plain strange (especially my use of Mick's expressions), or distracting to the reader, or whether the colors looked good without being "too much", etc... I guess it worked, so... :phew: lol!

Return to “diane31's Fan Vids”