Moonlight Vampire Gaffes

A deeper discussion of Vampire Mythology
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight Vampire Gaffes

Post by r1015bill »

It always bothered me that Mick hadn't had to relocate but he or other vampires he was working with left so many witnesses behind. I know he says in Click that he's been careful, but I don't think he really was.

Off the top of my head, there's

The guy Mick thought might be his son in WLB
The producer in Click (who's now on Warehouse 13 BTW)
The bad guy in LLF
Everybody in the bar in LLF
Audrey in 12:04
The hooker in AD
The hospital witnesses in Dr Feelgood
The writer in OOTP
The slimy professor in NSTAV
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Hmmmm... well, Mick seemed awfully surprised to hear that both Beth and Cora were blood type AB negative in LLF... although he had been married to the one and had tasted the other in Fever. And we know he's SUPPOSED to be able to tell blood type from taste, as that was his excuse for tasting Simone in Sonata... :laugh:

And while I'm at this... Beth had a surprising ability to sneak up on both Mick and Josef in the Final Four. Given their supposedly super-sonic hearing and sexy vampire smelling thing... she surely got the jump on them both... more than once. :biggrin:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by NocturneInCMoll »

What about in the first episode when Mick said that vampires can glimpse the future? They should have thought that one through BEFORE they mentioned it that once. If vampires could glimpse the future, then--among other things--Josef wouldn't have been "blown up", Josh would never have gotten shot, etc., etc.
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

wpgrace wrote:Hmmmm... well, Mick seemed awfully surprised to hear that both Beth and Cora were blood type AB negative in LLF...
Don't get me started on the fictional blood type. :grumble:
NocturneInCMoll wrote:If vampires could glimpse the future, then--among other things-- Josh would never have gotten shot, etc., etc.
Wanna bet :whistle:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

NocturneInCMoll wrote:If vampires could glimpse the future, then--among other things-- Josh would never have gotten shot, etc., etc.
Wanna bet :whistle:[/quote]
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

And we still love the show! :heart: :heart: :heart:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

We do...this is all meant with great affection. After all, otherwise we'd never have watched so closely, and thought about it enough, to have noticed this stuff.

Lucky
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Wow, fun topic!

How did Shepard in 12:04 A.M. have a heartbeat when they hooked him up to the machine and how was he able to make it stop so they thought he was dead?

That turning in Dr. Feelgood always bothered me, too. Stovsky (the rocket scientist) spit blood into Pollack's mouth before he drained him and that turned him? And how come feral Pollack couldn't tell by scent that Stovsky was not only a vampire, but his sire? Then when Mick came into the room Pollack said right away, "You're like me."

I think Anders (the plastic surgeon) in FTP didn't care that he was vamping out in front of humans. Not all vamps are like our boys. He probably figured that he could take them all down. I just watched FTP yesterday, and Guillermo told Mick (when G was taking the glass out of him) that "No wonder he thought you were dead." Well, hello? A vamp can't tell when a human is dead or not? And I might buy that Anders didn't drain Mick because he (Anders) only drank rare blood, though I wouldn't think any vamp would just waste any kind of blood, even if it was ordinary tasting. But for him to leave a body behind like that? Even if Anders didn't drain him and it looked like a guy got hurt in a huge fight, that would still bring a police investigation. It would be a threat to his lucrative plastic surgeon business.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Of course, Stovsky couldn't tell that Dr. Feelgood wasn't dead... so some vamps are apparently stoopid... :snicker:

eris
Sire

Post by eris »

The inconsistencies in Mick's survival from FtP made for great Fic-Fodder, though.

*takes opportunity to pimp PNW's fics* :teeth:

It actually makes sense if you buy into the "It was all Josef's doing to get Mick back" scenario.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

eris wrote:The inconsistencies in Mick's survival from FtP made for great Fic-Fodder, though.

It actually makes sense if you buy into the "It was all Josef's doing to get Mick back" scenario.
Now you're getting into Emerald's territory.. :laugh:

Yooohooo...Emerald???? you hear that sweetie?? :hearts:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

eris wrote:The inconsistencies in Mick's survival from FtP made for great Fic-Fodder, though.

*slips Eris her cut*

Thanks sweetie. ;-)

And don't even get me started on Coraline's tattoo that was actually a brand... :confused2:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:Wow, fun topic!

How did Shepard in 12:04 A.M. have a heartbeat when they hooked him up to the machine and how was he able to make it stop so they thought he was dead?
Actually this was consistent throughout the series. Remember when Coraline was in the hospital? She was on a heart monitor, the nurse was taking her vitals and she vamped. Vampire heartbeat may or may not agree with other vampire genre assumptions, but it was consistent for the ML universe. :tomato:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

nutmegger911 wrote:
MickLifeCrisis wrote:Wow, fun topic!

Actually this was consistent throughout the series. Remember when Coraline was in the hospital? She was on a heart monitor, the nurse was taking her vitals and she vamped. Vampire heartbeat may or may not agree with other vampire genre assumptions, but it was consistent for the ML universe. :tomato:
Hmm... okay. I figured Coraline had a heartbeat because she was human at the time. But you're right, when she vamped out, even for just a short time, her monitor didn't flatline or anything. Good catch!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Does anyone wonder why, in OOTP, Mick brings all the blood home and THEN drinks some of it. He was in such bad shape, you'd think he would have hid in a corner or in the car and drunk everything he had.

Dramatically, Beth had to see him drinking and ask him that question...

Return to “Vampire Philosophy”