Moonlight Vampire Gaffes

A deeper discussion of Vampire Mythology
eris
Sire

Moonlight Vampire Gaffes

Post by eris »

As a discussion topic:

Is there anything in the ML-verse that just doesn't make sense to you? Either an inconsistency with the storyline or one of those "make-it-work" moments where you could tell they were under pressure to get the episode done and relied on a little too much suspension of disbelief?

Just as a for instance:

The Acne covered vampire in Arrested Development bugged me. Acne is a bacterial infection, so it shouldn't have affected a vampire.

Anyone else?
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Re: Moonlight Vampire Gaffes

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

In Fated to Pretend, after Mick is turned, he and Josef waltz off to Anders to get Beth and Talbot. Wouldn't he be a newly turned vamp with immense blood needs (someone wrote about this in one of their fanfics, I think)? Also, he had gorged on food while human. After said turning, wouldn't he have had to eliminate all that food waste in his intestines, not to mention the urine in his body?
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Kylara
Fledgling

Post by Kylara »

The inconsistency I noticed, while watching a few episodes. In "The Mortal Cure" the accused vampire (in the flashback to the reign of terror time in france) has his fingers burnt and then they turn to ash almost instantly. The vampire Mick finds in "BC" has been drained, covered in silver and then burnt too but theres still a body left and no ashes...
Banner by Phoenix
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

The teen vampire thing bugged me too, eris! I also had a realllly hard time buying the Stovsky/Doctor turning...he coughs two droplets into the doctor's mouth and bingo! it's done? Ummmm....noooo....

Doesn't a "victim" have to be nearly drained FIRST and THEN given enough blood to sustain the turning?

I also had a tough time with the idea that Emma Monihan "never knew" her maker..again..bitten? drained? left for dead? but not given vampire blood to complete the cycle...???

hmmmmmm.... :chin:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

While I think the vamp who turned Emma could have given her the blood to do the trick, and vanished before she fully regained consciousness...without his/her help to, as Mick put it, properly socialize as a new vamp, she should have gone feral. I always thought they could have been more consistent about that, with a slight re-write of the lines there.

Lucky
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

In The Ringer, when Mick is investigating that hotel that burned (can't remember its name), he finds the ashes of that girl, but nobody else noticed that? Plus, moving all that debris around didn't make her ashes collapse? Plus, would someone burn to ashes like that?
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Good points. And how did the murderer get out of the fire when he was clearly in there strangling her when the windows were already burning? Was it a bad photoshop job of Morgan's doing? If that was Hank Mattola the new vamp he wouldn't be in a fire.
And why didn't he have an urn in the cemetery when he faked his death, and felt the need to beat Mick down when he found there was none? And why did Morgan set the thing up in the first place, giving that speech about there should be no urn if Mottola faked his death. Huh? And then there was a plaque but no urn? :no:
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

Maybe the ashy body was a nod to Claudia's execution in Interview With the Vampire.

Another thing that bugged me was Mick's turning vs. the Doc's turning. When Mick woke up, enough time had passed for Coraline to change clothes. The Doc woke up immediately after Stovsky left. Mick reacted to the sunlight like it burned him, the Doc didn't seem phased at all when his wife found him in the garage during the daylight hours.

Mick's 1st turning, he still had puncture wounds. Mick's 2nd turning, they vanished as he turned.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Same thing with the turning of Donovan Shepard. He was feral before he was turned :whistle: but still he would have clearly drained the guards before letting them strap him down onto the table.
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

that always bothered me too.his acne would have cleared up when he turned
OnceBitTwiceShy
Freelance freshie

Post by OnceBitTwiceShy »

It always bothered me that sometimes Mick could hear and smell everything, and sometimes not. Why didn't he hear heartbeats or smell humans when they broke into the apartment of the acned vampire in Arested Development? How could the officers have surprised him? How did he not smell or hear Josef in Sleeping Beauty in his apartment while he is out in the hall with Beth? How could he not smell that Chloe had been killed in There's no such thing as vampires? He should have at least been able to smell the blood.

I can understand the feral part, every human is different, every turning could be different. Emma was possibly a gentle person, and remained that way as a vampire. Or maybe a vamp took her under their wing.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

In FtP when Beth and Talbot were bound in the laboratory their legs weren't bound and they weren't guarded. They could have easily crawled away, found a wall, propped themselves and gotten up, pushed their blindfold out of the way, then walk and search for a hard surface to cut their bindings.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

francis wrote:In FtP when Beth and Talbot were bound in the laboratory their legs weren't bound and they weren't guarded. They could have easily crawled away, found a wall, propped themselves and gotten up, pushed their blindfold out of the way, then walk and search for a hard surface to cut their bindings.
Okay, francis! someone has been watching way too much CSI!! LOL!! :rolling: Where's MacGyver when you need him, huh? :giggle:
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

Josefismysire wrote:Where's MacGyver when you need him, huh? :giggle:
On Stargate. :giggle:
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Here's another one, speaking of FTP...why did the nasty vampy doctor vamp out anyway? Talbot challenged him but, so what? They were all humans in the room..wasn't he taking an AWFULLY big risk vamping out IN HIS OFFICE in front of HUMANS? And..then..not finishing the job in the first place. Even Mick was no match for him then..and vampy doctor certainly would have known if he was dead or alive. The whole scenario was just..strange... :dizzy:

Return to “Vampire Philosophy”