When did you join the Moonlight Fandom?

aolver
Rogue vampire

Re: When did you join the Moonlight Fandom?

Post by aolver »

:flowers: Hi all. JIMS...you and I are twins. I had the same experience. Watched Moonlight from the first second, only because it was between GW and Numb3rs. I liked it but never did anything but watch every week. Then on May 18th I got the dreaded news. I became a woman possessed. I touched the laptop for the first time in 2 years. Went to CBS.com and watched Sonata over and over. Watched the final scene in Sonata a million times. Memorized the titles of the epis in order. Don't remember how I found the first site, but eventually I found MLF and started reading fanfic. OMG, the MickBeth love scenes blew me away! I am totally and forever hooked on ML fanfic. I read the same stories over and over. I fell hard for Mick and Alex suddenly. Then I found out I could buy episodes on itunes and went nuts, watching them over and over. I still do, even though I own 3 copies of the dvd. I still don't know how to use the laptop to my advantage like all of you ladies do, but I enjoy your talents. I will always be obsessed and in love with Moonlight, Mick and Alex. This has never happened to me before and never will again. And God bless my husband. He is so tolerant. :happysigh:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

PNWgal wrote: Joined over at MLL when the Great Joomla of 2007 happened.
Yep, same here. I remember feeling like an addict strung out for a fix...OMG, MLF is Joomla'd...HALP! :confused2: :mdrama: :snicker:
"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers
mickslover
Kostan Industries intern

Post by mickslover »

Well, I joined the ML fandom around March of this year. I watched a couple of episodes on Sci-Fi and got hooked and fell in love with Mick/Alex and when I found out the dvd set was out, I high-tailed it to Best Buy to get it. :hyper2:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I thought I had answered this previously which is why I hadn't posted but since I am not finding my response, I guess I didn't. I joined MLL in January of 2008. It was during the writers strike and I really wanted to talk more about the show particularly The Mortal Cure or whatever was the last of the 12 episodes. I remember not being happy about parts of the episode and not wanting it to end the way it did. Not that I didn't want Mick to be mortal but I wanted him to turn to Beth more so than just food. Of course, Josh had died recently, so I should have understood that. I remember really liking what one of the Mods there at the time said although she dropped off the board some months after that and I know didn't go to the Con.

I become so enamored with everything that I decided I wanted to fly out to Paley for the Moonlight celebration after it was announced there would be one. I knew I couldn't make the Con because my older daughter was graduating law school that weekend, but Paley was something I could do even though I had never done anything quite that impulsive before. I was able to work things out so that I had a room mate and transportation for the time because I never would have rented a rental car in a strange city.

I had a great time. It was wonderful to meet the people I got to meet (including VASusieQ, Wondergirl, as well as others on this board. In addition to going to Paley, we went to some Moonlight related places and also saw where people getting the tats were going to get them. It was wonderful to see the cast so close up even though they couldn't hang around for autographs.

I joined what was Moonlight Forever (now Vamplove Forever) after problems started on MLL. Ultimately I joined this board as well.

Anyway, a long story for a short question, but it has been a thrill ride. Thanks.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

aolver wrote::flowers: Hi all. JIMS...you and I are twins. I had the same experience. Watched Moonlight from the first second, only because it was between GW and Numb3rs. I liked it but never did anything but watch every week. Then on May 18th I got the dreaded news. I became a woman possessed. I touched the laptop for the first time in 2 years. Went to CBS.com and watched Sonata over and over. Watched the final scene in Sonata a million times. Memorized the titles of the epis in order. Don't remember how I found the first site, but eventually I found MLF and started reading fanfic. OMG, the MickBeth love scenes blew me away! I am totally and forever hooked on ML fanfic. I read the same stories over and over. I fell hard for Mick and Alex suddenly. Then I found out I could buy episodes on itunes and went nuts, watching them over and over. I still do, even though I own 3 copies of the dvd. I still don't know how to use the laptop to my advantage like all of you ladies do, but I enjoy your talents. I will always be obsessed and in love with Moonlight, Mick and Alex. This has never happened to me before and never will again. And God bless my husband. He is so tolerant. :happysigh:
:smooch: for my twin! :hearts:

Return to “Meeting Moonlight - September 28, 2007”